Bills player home vandalized

WVUFootball29

Since when? Happens all the time and law-abiding homeowners who are protecting themselves from scumbags don't go to jail.

If it happens all the time I'd like to see a link to a story. Because I find it hard to believe if someone was TPing my house and I walked outside and shot the kid in the head, I'd get a pat on the back from the cops.

To use deadly force to protect yourself, your family, or another person, there has to be a reasonable threat to said life. A roll of toilet paper hardly applies in this situation

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You take things sooooo seriously. And I dig that about you...moron

I'm sorry. What did you mean by that? I guess I missed it.

:D<_<

You don't think that the "safety issue" is caused by a bunch of other dynamics that has been playing out in the league especially the last few decades (ie: extreme wealth coupled with intense fame, etc.. etc..)...

The problem is that these players are living lives that are nothing like the average fams that financially support their livelyhood. Classic rich/fame vs. people making a ton less... Disparity.

Don't get me wrong, I AM NOT CONDONING THIS ACT. The league and the fans made this beast. You know what the number one crimes were during the height of the Great Depression?... Bank robbing and kidnapping rich folk.

Try not to burn a fuse figuring it out... You won't... :nana::nana:

Please... I don't mind if you slam me... Just do it intelligently.

:D

Why did you bother writing anything after that. The "safety issue" does exist. You agree with me.

It's even more disturbing that Mitchell typed this himself. Isn't he a college grad? I know its only South Florida but damn. Are they actually teaching illiteracy in school these days?

it was on twitter so you can't really use much grammar...in his defense

Are you a high profile target? Do you have to worry about others in your profession getting killed or targeted because of who they are. How many nutjobs do you have to worry about in your life. If somebody has a stalker and they come out and find their house TP'd I think they wouldn't find it really funny and just "laugh it off"

Steely, while I do feel for the player this happened to, I would like you to name a player besides Sean Taylor who was murdered in a burglary attempt over the past 20 years. As far as I can recall Sean Taylor is the only one on the list...I may be wrong however. Now on the other hand, take a look at the number of homicides due to burglary in the East Side of Buffalo...those people have to worry. I lived on Bailey for over a year and was robbed twice, whereas many of these players live in upscale, low crime neighborhoods, and are in no more danger than the average citizen.

Who cares if Mitchell wrote that message with grammatical errors. I am utterly speechless in hearing that one of the players houses got vandalized. It is hard enough that we lost a tough one yesterday but to me, the thought of a players house getting vandalized because of it is much harder to stomach. I do hope they catch the guy but it still wont take away what happened. And to the guy who did it, thanks for giving the rest of the league another reason to look down at our organization

Steely, while I do feel for the player this happened to, I would like you to name a player besides Sean Taylor who was murdered in a burglary attempt over the past 20 years. As far as I can recall Sean Taylor is the only one on the list...I may be wrong however. Now on the other hand, take a look at the number of homicides due to burglary in the East Side of Buffalo...those people have to worry. I lived on Bailey for over a year and was robbed twice, whereas many of these players live in upscale, low crime neighborhoods, and are in no more danger than the average citizen.

The point is the house was apparently vandalized after the Bills lost a game, does that sound like its ok? I know no one was murdered, but does that mean we should laugh it off until it happens again? The problem is people have no respect for anyone else anymore.

he wasn't murdered, but wasn't Will Allen doused with gasoline and threatened with a lighter in a robbery attempt a few years ago?

Darrent Williams was murdered a couple of years ago. Granted, it wasn't a robbery attempt, but these guys are clearly targets.

I assure you that a lot of players don't care about the past beyond the Sean Taylor thing. It's a simple question. If you were in his position, say it's McKelvin, and you came home after a bigtime play that led to to the loss of the game would you feel completely sure it was a one time prank? Plaxico Burress was shot in the leg by a moron.

(I know he shot himself. That's the joke.)

The point is the house was apparently vandalized after the Bills lost a game, does that sound like its ok? I know no one was murdered, but does that mean we should laugh it off until it happens again? The problem is people have no respect for anyone else anymore.

Im not condoning the actions of the psycho who did this...look at my first post on the matter. I was just saying that players are not in any more danger than those not in the public spotlight. Sadly, this is what has happened to athletes/entertainers and it doesnt look it will be stopping anytime soon. It is something that goes with the job even though it shouldnt.

he wasn't murdered, but wasn't Will Allen doused with gasoline and threatened with a lighter in a robbery attempt a few years ago?

Darrent Williams was murdered a couple of years ago. Granted, it wasn't a robbery attempt, but these guys are clearly targets.

Darrent Williams got into an arguement/fight at the club and that is what sparked the incident.

Who cares if Mitchell wrote that message with grammatical errors. I am utterly speechless in hearing that one of the players houses got vandalized. It is hard enough that we lost a tough one yesterday but to me, the thought of a players house getting vandalized because of it is much harder to stomach. I do hope they catch the guy but it still wont take away what happened. And to the guy who did it, thanks for giving the rest of the league another reason to look down at our organization

Exactly. This is just horribly bad taste. So much for supporting the team. They played their asses off last night and came up a point short against one of, if not the, best team in the league and that's the welcome home they get? Just sad.

I hope that it was a "harmless" prank and that the perpetrator(s) were just kids.

Vandalism is an act that occasionally can be forgiven of young people.

I did some bad things as a kid and I'm considered by those who know me as a decent person.

Of course there's a huge gray area as with all things. For instance, what if a cross was burned into someone's lawn? That would not be an easily forgivable act in my book. Even if it was a kid who did it.

Hopefully JW has some details soon.