Bills player home vandalized

WVUFootball29

Lori you are trying to reason with folks from the insane asylum. This board has become pathetic and this thread is a great example.

Really? This thread is an example of Bills fans (or even society) in general, I think: the vast majority disapprove of the act, but as Bill Cosby once said,

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?...90&catid=37

Looking at the pic in that story, it looks like something ending in "GAR" :thumbsup: . I really hope it's not what I think it is.

You don't actually win first prize at the spelling bee. Sorry.

Take your pick: http://www.morewords.com/contains/gar/

What are you saying Gene? Can you not understand the implication of bills44's post? Or would you choose to ignore it?

Like I said, I hope it's some 16-17 year old(s) acting stupid. But if it a racial epithet, then that makes it quite a bit worse IMO.

Speaking of misspellings, anyone else notice the mistake in Channel 2s story?

What are you saying Gene? Can you not understand the implication of bills44's post? Or would you choose to ignore it?

Like I said, I hope it's some 16-17 year old(s) acting stupid. But if it a racial epithet, then that makes it quite a bit worse IMO.

Speaking of misspellings, anyone else notice the mistake in Channel 2s story?

What's so hard to understand here? Until it's a racial epithet...it's not a racial epithet. Maybe it was just about the fumble.

In Toombs County Georgia, a man can shoot another man dead for trespassing without fear of legal ramification. I do not know whether that is a state wide law or a local law, but I do know that the law requires only that a no trespassing sign be posted and visible from the spot where the perpetrator was shot. This part of the law tends to be interpreted loosely, as well. It is well known in these parts that you do not going wandering around on someone else's property. I personally believe that every state should have a law like this.

You would be surprised how little burglary and vandalism are perpetrated on private estates in Toombs County. It does happen - but it is almost always done by crack fiends who are jonesing so badly that the risk of death does not even register in their consciousness.

What gives someone the right to kill someone else because he is standing in a certain spot as opposed to another? Exactly what has he done to the property "owner" to warrant death? People interpret property rights way to rigorously in many parts this country.

What gives someone the right to kill someone else because he is standing in a certain spot as opposed to another? Exactly what has he done to the property "owner" to warrant death? People interpret property rights way to rigorously in many parts this country.

This thread has such a PPP feel to it.

Look I'm never in favor of vandalism or any kind of crime for that matter...

But can anyone tell me why the sub-title of this thread says "are you guys serious?"

Is someone assuming the vandal is here on TSW? You guys? I don't get it...For the record I was in Charlotte NC and had nothing to do with the crime...And I can produce witnesses...

Just saying...:thumbsup:

What's so hard to understand here? Until it's a racial epithet...it's not a racial epithet. Maybe it was just about the fumble.

Looking at it, I think that first letter is an E, and there are others on either side? "Learn," maybe.

And EII, you know that the for-sale sign on Mularkey's lawn was one of the things that convinced him to quit, right? Maybe it's because I deal with coaches and players (and the stuff they hear from the stands) on a regular basis, but how anyone can rationalize this is beyond me.

Looking at it, I think that first letter is an E, and there are others on either side? "Learn," maybe.

And EII, you know that the for-sale sign on Mularkey's lawn was one of the things that convinced him to quit, right? Maybe it's because I deal with coaches and players (and the stuff they hear from the stands) on a regular basis, but how anyone can rationalize this is beyond me.

You might disagree, but a for-sale sign on Mularkey's lawn is pretty funny. I never heard that before.

So what do you think should be done with them if caught? Jail time?

??

For an adult, yes. IMO, an adult who would do this is likely to be a fairly useless member of society, so their incarceration may serve the greater good.

For a kid, some community service, provided that it takes place in the inner city.

For an adult, yes. IMO, an adult who would do this is likely to be a fairly useless member of society, so their incarceration may serve the greater good.

For a kid, some community service, provided that it takes place in the inner city.

Yes, lock up all those deemed useless.

He's lucky his house was only vandalized...he deserves much worse

:thumbsup:

It's even more disturbing that Mitchell typed this himself. Isn't he a college grad? I know its only South Florida but damn. Are they actually teaching illiteracy in school these days?

it was on twitter so you can't really use much grammar...in his defense

I think it's a space to write thing.

140 characters per tweet...I'm anal about proper grammar myself but I've taken to using shorthand as well

I hope that it was a "harmless" prank and that the perpetrator(s) were just kids.

Vandalism is an act that occasionally can be forgiven of young people.

I hope they find them and throw the book at them...spray-painting the lawn or defacing the house...you're still doing something illegal to someone else's personal property and there's nothing cool about that

"False indignation"? Really? So it's okay to go mess with someone's property because they made a play you didn't like in a freaking FOOTBALL GAME?!?!? Good grief.
anyone who thinks it's ok should be thought of as a suspect, IMO. You have to be morally bankrupt to think something like this was ok

To all the people who think this is "ok" or "just a harmless prank," feel free to post your home address right here on the board. After, there's nothing to be afraid of, right?

<_< and see how much they like it when someone defaces their personal property

Who here would be shocked if someone who would use that word would also misspell it?
good point...anyone using that type of word has to be an idiot :devil:

Then you go to jail. You cannot shoot someone for being on your property.

Ah... Yes you can if you can. Under the U.S. constitution you have an absolute right to defend your property. Case and point in DC a few years back there was a Reporter columnist who shot an guy on his porch. He was trying to break in and was shot and killed. The court ruled he had the right to protect his property and shoot the man. The gun was his son's who was on leave from the Navy and legal. I forget all the details