Bills player home vandalized

WVUFootball29

For what it's worth, a few reactions from the national media:

Rich Eisen, NFL: "Awful. Apparently, no one circles the front lawn like the Buffalo Bills..."fans"?"

Pete Prisco, CBS: "It makes me sick to think some jackass fan vandalized Leodis McKelvin's home. It's a game idiot. Not life or death. And I think I get it bad with some of the comments on the bottom of my columns. nasty people."

Charles Robinson, Yahoo!: "Add this fan to Kanye's "jackass" category."

So ... get used to hearing about those "classy" Bills fans. Great.

And people wonder why there's such a national negative stigma associated with Buffalo.

It's moments like this that I realize Bills fans really aren't any better than fans elsewhere; in fact, they could be worse. So what makes a crushing defeat on MNF worse? Well... this is a good start. Just sad.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was NOT the right thing to do, but I sense that many of you have that are so outraged have been spared the sight of what humans will inflict upon each other. I am glad about this too.

From what I have read (please correct me if there is more), there were no threats nor racial slurs. Imo that makes it somewhat tame in the broad sense. NOT the right thing to do mind you, but it seemed to be football based more than a personal threat. Btw, there is also some credence to the "talkers and doers" theory.

My guess is that this was about young, heartbroken drunks. If it is more than this, I trust the local police to uncover any sinister plot.

Does anyone disagree?

Rich Eisen, NFL: "Awful. Apparently, no one circles the front lawn like the Buffalo Bills..."fans"?"

Pete Prisco, CBS: "It makes me sick to think some jackass fan vandalized Leodis McKelvin's home. It's a game idiot. Not life or death. And I think I get it bad with some of the comments on the bottom of my columns. nasty people."

National media personalities should be able to discern one blithering idiot from a loyal and passionate fan base. Some of you people are taking this thing WAY too seriously.

It was NOT the right thing to do, but I sense that many of you have that are so outraged have been spared the sight of what humans will inflict upon each other. I am glad about this too.

From what I have read (please correct me if there is more), there were no threats nor racial slurs. Imo that makes it somewhat tame in the broad sense. NOT the right thing to do mind you, but it seemed to be football based more than a personal threat. Btw, there is also some credence to the "talkers and doers" theory.

My guess is that this was about young, heartbroken drunks. If it is more than this, I trust the local police to uncover any sinister plot.

Does anyone disagree?

Agreed, really what else is there to do in Amherst or Williamsville on a Sunday night... it isn't even winter yet where they more likely would have urinated what they wrote on his front yard.

And people wonder why there's such a national negative stigma associated with Buffalo.

It's moments like this that I realize Bills fans really aren't any better than fans elsewhere; in fact, they could be worse. So what makes a crushing defeat on MNF worse? Well... this is a good start. Just sad.

Hey, we never booed Santa Claus.

Exactly.

National media personalities should be able to discern one blithering idiot from a loyal and passionate fan base. Some of you people are taking this thing WAY too seriously.

It's being picked up by the national media. Yeah, not serious at all.

Of course they will say this... It is a multi-billion dollar business with many hands in that economy. Again, I don't agree with what the perps did... But, it goes to show you just how less of "bubble" people are living in in WNY.

Not exactly "leaving the houselights on in Green Bay, WI after a win." Quite the contrary because it was negative. Unless there was something incideous, if I was McKelvin... I would take it as a 360 degree evaluation and move on for the good... Turn it into a positive instead of "being violated." It was just grass and like one said, Mr. Toro can fix in 30 seconds.

Really didn't have to "scour" anything.

What, in your opinion, is the "big picture"?

Nothing I haven't said already. A lawn was spray painted and you want to launch a major investigation an put the sprayer away. Step back. It's the kind of schitt that high school kids do all the time. We're not hunting them and sending them to Attica because they're useless.

You're obviously not moving off of your righteous attitude, so why do you feel like you have to prove you're right about something so subjective?

Does anyone disagree?

Nope... I agree. Like I said, not exactly "leaving the house lights on throughout Green Bay after a win" by any stretch. I can't help the players overcome the idea that they were victimized... But they have too.

Guys, I said I would close this thread if the personal insults and attacks continued yet you still feel the need to call each other numbnuts and say things like "I think I can actually hear you getting dumber."

I'm sick of every thread on TSW turning into a personal attack forum. So I am now closing this thread. Thanks.