257 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better, Jackson or Lynch?

• Jackson
    • Lynch

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have said Lynch before last night, but if Jackson plays like that the next two weeks, I don't see how they could possibly start Lynch.

I agree. If I'm Dick, when ML comes back I tell him Fred's been here the last 3 weeks and looked awesome (if in fact he keeps it up for 2 more weeks). You're second string. Use a little reverse psychology on him. Tell him, I don't think you're good enough to be our starter anymore. Then he'll work twice as hard and think twice next season before smoking blunts in a parked car with handguns in the trunk.

But yeah, Fred's the man.

look im glad we have both , but in all seriousness lynch is a monster with better quickness...

lynch is the bigger, quicker more talented back

Perhaps, but I'd say that Jackson has greater field vision, running instincts, and decisiveness. He doesn't take forever finding a hole, like Lynch does.

To me it's a no-brainer as to who's better. And most of the poll respondents seem to agree.

But I'm glad to have both of them.

Last season, I started the same thread, as I felt that Freddie brought more to the table the Marshawn and asked opinions from my fellow Bills fans... :w00t:

A year later, now looking at this again..I honestly don't care who is better. We are lucky to have 2 very good RBs with different styles on our team...We have a power runner who will fight and drag defenders for extra yardage and well..Freddie did a good TT impression last night... :wallbash:

We have the best of both worlds and they will both get their touches during the games...so just sit back and enjoy :lol: , each one brings something different to the table and that makes it more difficult for the opposing team to defend... ;)

They are two separate styles of RB. Lynch is a pounder that will wear down a defense through the course of a game and has decent speed if he can get into the secondary. FJ is a decent up the middle runner but he's a much better pass catcher. I don't think it's unfair to compare him to Josh Reed in that role.

If I need two yards for a first down or a TD I'd give it to Lynch.

I think these guys summed it up best...why fight over who is number one/starting? It doesn't matter if it is Evans or Owens or Lynch or Jackson...they will all be productive (hopefully) doing what each one does best and they're all going to get their touches and help out the team.

Fred and Marshawn are going to be a two-headed monster...with these two backs, we can spread you out or pound it down your throat...

the only thing I would say is that Marshawn (and f'n MacGahee) could learn a lot from Fred about being a more patient back and waiting for your blocks to set up...that definitely reminded me of TT as Reed83Evans pointed out how Fred set up and patiently worked off his blocks.

I think these guys summed it up best...why fight over who is number one/starting? It doesn't matter if it is Evans or Owens or Lynch or Jackson...they will all be productive (hopefully) doing what each one does best and they're all going to get their touches and help out the team.

Fred and Marshawn are going to be a two-headed monster...with these two backs, we can spread you out or pound it down your throat...

the only thing I would say is that Marshawn (and f'n MacGahee) could learn a lot from Fred about being a more patient back and waiting for your blocks to set up...that definitely reminded me of TT as Reed83Evans pointed out how Fred set up and patiently worked off his blocks.

Why fight? Because some fans have nothing better to do than criticize players and try to run them out of town I guess...

For the life of me I can't see why we all aren't ECSTATIC that we have two amazing, DIFFERENT backs that we can use to keep defenses guessing and anticipating how we're going to come at you on the ground.

Instead, Freddie has a great game and instead of being happy thinking that when Marshawn gets back, we'll have TWO great RBs, some want to relegate him to the bench or even trade him?!?

Look at the great teams in the NFL. They all run two back systems. Heck, the Pats use FOUR. With Jackson and Lynch, our running game resembles that of the Giants, where you use Marshawn to wear a team's D-line down with punishing runs and use Jackson to gash them when they're worn out. Like Jacobs and Bradshaw.

Why must we feel the need to ostracize our players?!?

I say Jackson. He is in much better shape, has a better burst, is a better receiver, has a much better attitude, and is much, much smarter. Lynch is good for some brute force, but Freddie just brings more to the table.

You are on crack, without a doubt. One game doesn not make a Hall of Famer otherwise Trent Dilfer would have a bust in Canton.

I !@#$ base it on the !@#$ fact that Lynch !@#$ pulled himself out of several !@#$ games last year for long !@#$ stretches because he was !@#$ so out of shape he was sick and nauseous from running. Now, he's !@#$ heavier than he's ever been, so he'll be in even worse !@#$ shape this year.

you meen like jerome bettis

thats probably what the coaches wanted hence the term change of pace.

I agree. If I'm Dick, when ML comes back I tell him Fred's been here the last 3 weeks and looked awesome (if in fact he keeps it up for 2 more weeks). You're second string. Use a little reverse psychology on him. Tell him, I don't think you're good enough to be our starter anymore. Then he'll work twice as hard and think twice next season before smoking blunts in a parked car with handguns in the trunk.

But yeah, Fred's the man.

Or he will demand a trade and we will be back to one RB

In my opinion, this is not even a contest. ML is a pro bowl running who’s still in his prime; FJ is an up and coming running back who is the better receiver. With the game plan the Bills used, it showcased FJ's ability. He is very good, but when the Bills had Thurman and Kenny Davis, how many people felt that Davis should start over Thurman? This is the comparison I think is the closest to the debate. ML is not a Hall of Famer but he is a starter and a Pro Bowler on most NFL teams, just because he is suspended does not take away his talent. He has carried this organization since he got here, I don't condone his behavior but look at the body of work and you’ll see ML is better and has a better track record than FJ.

I voted Fred Jackson based upon is overall contributions to the offense, and his ability to actually hit a hole. I like Marshawn, and will wait to see if he has grown as a runner, but as of right now, I like What Freddie brings to the table.

And for those who criticize this topic I ask Why? It's not any different than standing in Coles on a Friday night asking the same question among friends.. I suppose everyone should just post a bunch of smiley faces and say Go Bills!! we love you man!! If you don't agree with it, move along and quit posting a bunch of "look at me I'm a smart-ass and i think I'm cool garbage". The intent is for people who have an opinion in the matter to discuss it.

This is a forum for discussion of things about a sports team, what the hell else should people post about....(that's a rhetorical question, don't bother answering it)