McKelvin just said

gflande1

I dont have a transcript and only caught a part of it...if someone heard it...I would be interested in what he said.

From what I heard, he was saying that he wasnt sure if he could kneel it or not since it led him into the endzone. He thought it might have been a safety if he did. If he is confused, is that on him or is that coaching? Doesnt sound like he was told to bring it out...sounds like he wasnt sure what to do...not smart

I dont agree with many that blame this loss on Mckelvin alone. Too many bad decisions, bad drive ending penalties, poor clock management, missed tackles. Mckelvin didnt lose this on his own, he didnt help, but this was a team loss.

I think the scribes are still trying to decipher what he said.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a transcript and only caught a part of it...if someone heard it...I would be interested in what he said.

From what I heard, he was saying that he wasnt sure if he could kneel it or not since it led him into the endzone. He thought it might have been a safety if he did. If he is confused, is that on him or is that coaching? Doesnt sound like he was told to bring it out...sounds like he wasnt sure what to do...not smart

I dont agree with many that blame this loss on Mckelvin alone. Too many bad decisions, bad drive ending penalties, poor clock management, missed tackles. Mckelvin didnt lose this on his own, he didnt help, but this was a team loss.

Wow. In his 2nd season as a pro and 2nd season returning kicks and he doesn't know the rules? Wow...

He also said if he had the chance to do it again, he would take it out again.

It was the right decision to bring it out. Giving the Patriots 4 timeouts with the 2 minute warning would have been stupid. The mistake wasn't bringing it out, it was not going down on first contact and fighting for yardage that made no difference to the outcome of the game...it wasn't like he was fighting for the endzone or a first down yardstick...did he really think the 1 extra yard he gained by fighting for yardage before fumbling, would have made any difference?

Im only asking because Im not an expert, but why was Byrd just standing there while McKelvin was getting wrapped up before the fumble? Is that coached in case of a fumble? I would have been in there trying to help him get to the ground or push ahead. He just stood there and watched them pull the ball from McKelvin.

Wow. In his 2nd season as a pro and 2nd season returning kicks and he doesn't know the rules? Wow...

McNabb played 10 years and didn't know the OT rule last year...its not uncommon from what I've heard from a lot of reports...the players have a stunning lack of knowledge about some pretty key rules a lot of times...

Im only asking because Im not an expert, but why was Harris just standing there while McKelvin was getting wrapped up before the fumble? Is that coached in case of a fumble? I would have been in there trying to help him get to the ground or push ahead. He just stood there and watched them pull the ball from McKelvin.

I thought that was Byrd (#31).

I don't blame it on Leodis... He made it out to the 33 from the endzone... If it (the fumble) was on the 15, then I would crucify him.

This loss, IMO falls on coaching... I wonder what things sound like in the headsets in these situations where they are up with a little time on the clock... I betcha there are noticable attributes that change... You can almost see it in the body language... That negativity has to be translating into the communication side of the game... AGAIN... IMO.

What folks are missing is that he damn near broke it.......

I am proud of this team.....they didn't play to lose. We did lose but they didn't play like they were scared to lose.

The Bills were getting consistently beaten underneath and made no adjustment. Brady knew his TE would have Elison on him and took advantage of it.

We didn't play to lose, but compared to the Pats, we play stupid, and that's how we have consistently lost tight games under Jauron. McKelvin would have been well aware what to do in any situation on the kick-off if he played on a well coached team.

Why the equivocation? Do you want Bobby April fired or not?

BTW, Bobby April is highly regarded and Carucci blames this on McK and not the coaches.

Hey the team hung in there and never gave up. Also they are the only team with 3 rookies in the O-line...considering THAT the O looked respectable. I sure wish Leodis had gone down instead of fighting for that extra yard ... I don't have a problem w/him bringing it out.

That said - I think that this should bring them some confidence that they can run w/the big dogs. If they can profit from it and improve, it will have been worth the heartbreak.