Cut Ellison

sharper802

Ellison has been called a good cover LB so many time on this board. But he's the man behind Watson on both TD receptions. He was beat in 07 on MNF against Dallas.

He might make 1 play at or behind the LOS, but in coverage he's a liability and gets washed out far too often.

Faulk mad him look stupid a couple times too.

Your assessment is spot on.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice that in the 4th quater the NE offensive play calling was "pass it to whoever Ellison is covering"

I sure did. Check the stats

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091400/2...ots#tab:analyze

Defense T-A SCK INT FF

K. Ellison 10-5 0.0 0 0

We all know that he is not a ball hawking player. Go back and watch him get torched for 10+ completions in the second half. Including BOTH touchdowns.

There is no excuse for him still starting. Please dont bring up the 1 or 2 good plays he made in the begining of the game, he was completely outmatched and everyone knows it. This team has multiple LBs who are better than him including Buggs and Harris and they should be starting. A good coach would get his best 3 Lbs on the field and let them play regardless of inside outside whatever.

Dick has routinely failed this organization with his inability to evaluate talent and then not having the balls to do anything about it. This is just another obvious failure. Ellison has been starting for three years and has no business being a a starter in this league and yet he has never been benched. Kelsay, while he was having the best game of his career, has no business still starting too. The game was close but we all know too well it is all down hill from here. The one plus being AVP. He had the best Bills gameplan I have seen in years.

Bottom Line is Ellison sucks and Dick just sucks that much more.

The safeties were split outside the hashes. Ellison had deep middle on both scores.

Thanks, Simon. As is often the case, the guy coming into view at the time the receiver makes the play is the guy that gets blamed. I'll look at it again but I'll certainly take your word for it in the meantime.

Good to see Schobel back in a big way, no?

GO BILLS!!!

Did anyone else notice that in the 4th quater the NE offensive play calling was "pass it to whoever Ellison is covering"

I sure did. Check the stats

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091400/2...ots#tab:analyze

Defense T-A SCK INT FF

K. Ellison 10-5 0.0 0 0

We all know that he is not a ball hawking player. Go back and watch him get torched for 10+ completions in the second half. Including BOTH touchdowns.

There is no excuse for him still starting. Please dont bring up the 1 or 2 good plays he made in the begining of the game, he was completely outmatched and everyone knows it. This team has multiple LBs who are better than him including Buggs and Harris and they should be starting. A good coach would get his best 3 Lbs on the field and let them play regardless of inside outside whatever.

Dick has routinely failed this organization with his inability to evaluate talent and then not having the balls to do anything about it. This is just another obvious failure. Ellison has been starting for three years and has no business being a a starter in this league and yet he has never been benched. Kelsay, while he was having the best game of his career, has no business still starting too. The game was close but we all know too well it is all down hill from here. The one plus being AVP. He had the best Bills gameplan I have seen in years.

Bottom Line is Ellison sucks and Dick just sucks that much more.

Thats exactly it .Ellison or Poz cant cover.The "ballhawking" Byrd should have been on Watson.That is coaching and simply inexcuseable,Jauron should be fired NOW

Faulk mad him look stupid a couple times too.

Your assessment is spot on.

Oh yeah. For the record, the flaws that many pointed out around here have become more than obvious. Ellison starting at SLB. Bell being thrown into the fire and going against vet DL who are stronger. Where does it end?

Most rational fans know that these guys are depth players, but with depth at LB being mostly rookies and untested ST types, it really shows up fast, doesn't it?

I guess not finding NFL depth might save you some money, but it's going to hurt at some point in the season.

Wow what game did you guys watch? He had those tackles tackling the guy he just let catch the football. He sucked. He was the worst Bill on the field tonight. If he is not on the field we win that game. Whether it is Poz, Harris, whoever. Ellison had the worst game of his career tonight.

BTW, the one 3rd down stop the announcers gave to Ellison, it was Spencer Johnson. Ellison jumped on the pile.

Oh yeah. For the record, the flaws that many pointed out around here have become more than obvious. Ellison starting at SLB. Bell being thrown into the fire and going against vet DL who are stronger. Where does it end?

Most rational fans know that these guys are depth players, but with depth at LB being mostly rookies and untested ST types, it really shows up fast, doesn't it?

I guess not finding NFL depth might save you some money, but it's going to hurt at some point in the season.

Having Buggs out there for 2 downs is really going to hurt too. A lot.

In Week 2 we're suddenly putting out arguably the worst LB corps in the league. :censored:

Poz is a real solid player and our D lost a huge piece of the puzzle tonight. Hopefully this coaching staff is forced to play Harris over Ellison soon. We all know they wont do it by choice. See Greer, Jackson etc.

But are you going to make Harris your dime LB? That takes more guts than I have.

This injury is a brutal. We only had 2 real LB's on the team to start with.

But are you going to make Harris your dime LB? That takes more guts than I have.

This injury is a brutal. We only had 2 real LB's on the team to start with.

Yes. Harris is a college safety and has experience covering in space - albeit at the college level. But he cant possibly allow more catches than Ellison just did. He is also bigger faster stronger and hits harder. Not to mention he out played Ellison in the preseason. At least Harris's excuse could be "Im a 5th round rookie" and not "Im a three year starter but Poz got injured"

Yes. Harris is a college safety and has experience covering in space - albeit at the college level. But he cant possibly allow more catches than Ellison just did. He is also bigger faster stronger and hits harder. Not to mention he out played Ellison in the preseason. At least Harris's excuse could be "Im a 5th round rookie" and not "Im a three year starter but Poz got injured"

I agree he's already a better player, but him playing 3 downs right now is a LOT to ask of the kid.

Not having veteran options at LB with some tread on the tires is another means of saving some money.

To enter the season with Buggs, N. Harris, Corto, Bowen (PS) and Palmer as your LB is practically criminal.

Those guys have less than 3 seasons on an active NFL roster. But hey, it saves RW's money and provides a convenient out when injuries inevitably hit. This front office is so smart that they don't need decent depth. :censored:

Well, the Bills lost. You gotta be happy.