I am encouraged by what I saw

PNW_Bills_Fan

the offense scored points. The D look good. Our special teams are what hurt us. I thought it was a well coached game. You could tell DB was nervous and will only get better. I am encouraged. I am tired of people who hate DJ as the coach. We were given no chance by anyone in the sports world and we just didn't finish strong. LM stays in the endzone and we get the ball back with 2 minutes left and we win (probably) and everyone would be happy with DJ and more up beat. I like what I saw. I think we compete this year (for the wild card)!!!

the offense scored points. The D look good. Our special teams are what hurt us. I thought it was a well coached game. You could tell DB was nervous and will only get better. I am encouraged. I am tired of people who hate DJ as the coach. We were given no chance by anyone in the sports world and we just didn't finish strong. LM stays in the endzone and we get the ball back with 2 minutes left and we win (probably) and everyone would be happy with DJ and more up beat. I like what I saw. I think we compete this year (for the wild card)!!!

\

way to kinda blow it out of proportion. we will compete, but not for the WC..

\

way to kinda blow it out of proportion. we will compete, but not for the WC..

Happy? Even if we won we played terrible. Time of possession, 3rd down conversions, penalities. All the hallmarks of a team that is poorly coached. DJ stinks if we won or lost.

Solid post.

While the rest of he board is ready to write off the team after a 1 point loss to a team where Cris Carter or Tom Jackson said "they could hang 70 on them tonight" I think we did ok.

I'm much more positive going into next week. If it takes an act of god, some fluke plays, and the best KR of last year having a terrible bone headed play to lose to the top ranked Pats, I'd take that any day.

O line looked very good and came to play. The offense moved the ball-despite the checkdowns. I liked the flow of the game. I liked the pressure that we had on Brady for 3 quarters.

I think we go from "will we win 5 games?" to "do we have a shot at the playoffs?"

While the rest of he board is ready to write off the team after a 1 point loss to a team where Cris Carter or Tom Jackson said "they could hang 70 on them tonight" I think we did ok.

You know it's funny because after all of the talk before the game about 70 points, 80 points, we give them the game at the end with a bonehead mistake and it was like they never said any of that...just more patriots ball washing.

Did we play well? or did the Pats play poorly for the first three quarters? I know we looked better than expected, but I think it was more of the Pats playing poorly than us playing well. Too many mistakes. Mistakes that can be corrected by good coaching, unfortunately its the bad coaching that allows those mistakes.

Did we play well? or did the Pats play poorly for the first three quarters? I know we looked better than expected, but I think it was more of the Pats playing poorly than us playing well. Too many mistakes. Mistakes that can be corrected by good coaching, unfortunately its the bad coaching that allows those mistakes.

Like I said in the game thread....give Freddie j. a chance to put the game away and there may not have been that Brady magic.

Solid post.

I'm much more positive going into next week. If it takes an act of god, some fluke plays, and the best KR of last year having a terrible bone headed play to lose to the top ranked Pats, I'd take that any day.

O line looked very good and came to play. The offense moved the ball-despite the checkdowns. I liked the flow of the game. I liked the pressure that we had on Brady for 3 quarters.

I think we go from "will we win 5 games?" to "do we have a shot at the playoffs?"

A very rational post which, admittedly, is hard to do about now. I was especially impressed with the middle of the offensive line. Hangartner is not Fowler/Preston and the rookies appear to be give us some run blocking, finally. We will get better. And, you can't blame Dick for this one. We were not outcoached this time, for once. Take away one bone-headed decision by McKelvin and we would be 1-0.

Solid post.

Well said, I love your barometer for the team. I say we'll be a solid force by the end of season - let this young O line develop, get the O in synch and say a small prayer on D :censored:

The Bills played poorly in the end. For a team that is supposed to specialize in the hurry up the final drive was a disaster

Perhaps....just hard to be upbeat right now after that awful loss. The moral victory of saying we are better than we'd thought we'd be is a tough consolation, given what the euphoria of winning in NE would have been and feeling of being the laughing stock AGAIN.

This is like having Ginger and Maryann drunk on fermented coconut and on the verge of three-way, but instead ending up in a hammock with Mrs. Howell.

I used to watch a lot of TV....

LM stays in the endzone and we get the ball back with 2 minutes left and we win ...

No Way! LM doesn't fumble and we win. Staying in the end zone would have been a chicken sh(t playing scared playing not to lose instead of to win attitude. He stays in the end zone and we have 10 yards less field position. He stays in the end zone and the Patriots have the two minute warning after the first play from scrimmage. How many times have you seen McKelvin fumble? That play broke my heart and probably cost us the game, but not because he should have kneeled down, but because he should have held on to the ball.

I mean, as much as this one hurts, I agree. Yesterday, I thought I was going to be wasting my Sundays all year. Now, I think we are, if not a contender, at least in the conversation.

hang on...this season may no longer be a waste? you don't want the last 4 hours back?

Normally I would be on board with this view of "we looked good, take solace." But we just lost our best linebacker - and if you think he was going to be average again this year, take a look back at the first quarter and think again. Now what are we going to do? Get toasted in the middle of our D all year, that's what.

The same people talking crap are the same people who wrote the season off already and have been bitching about it for a month. I saw alot more tonight than I expected, I didnt expect it to be close. Though im extremely disapointed tonight I am encouraged for the season. What were the "weak" points going into tonight? Oline? played well! Dline? played well! Dick? good game plan we didnt get tourched deep like always.

Yup, we just allowed them to get 40 uncontested 5 and 6 yard completions like always which ended up costing us the game...

HMMMMM 40 short passes or 70 yeard bombs. Hmmmm I will take the short passes. I hate losing like the next guy, but this team looked way better then I and anyone in TV land gave them credit for. DJ had a good game plan. D Bell does not get those penalties later in the season. Those were nervous penalties. I like our chances for the year. I do think the pressure got to the young O line at the end of the game, but give them time.

Oh and I would never be happy with an 0-16 season. Yeah we get the first pick, but that means we have to clear the house out. This house is too talented to clear out.