Edwards played GREAT

Say what you want, Trent took a metric ton of sh-- this pre-season. Sure I'd like to see him take more shots downfield but he managed the game, didn't make any mistakes and played his ass off tonight.

Let's face it, going into Foxboro and winning on a Monday night was a TALL order. I think he redeemed himself tonight.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want, Trent took a metric ton of sh-- this pre-season. Sure I'd like to see him take more shots downfield but he managed the game, didn't make any mistakes and played his ass off tonight.

Let's face it, going into Foxboro and winning on a Monday night was a TALL order. I think he redeemed himself tonight.

I will hand it to Edwards, he looked poised tonight, like he had some of that confidence back. He managed the game, but he still cant seem to get our WR's involved which is a big problem if we cant fix that.

All in all though, the offense showed promise, Trent looked solid, and the O Line showed it has a lot of potential. At least a lot of Trents dump offs were by design this time which is why they work because they are screens with athletic blockers. When he was just dumping off last year there was no one to out in front blocking for the RB as it was a check down so it wasnt moving the ball.

Very encouraging start, still work to be done, but at least there is reasons to be optimistic again.

No he didn't. Checking down WAY too fast. TO blew by his guy on one checkdown and if Trent had held the ball one fking second longer and chucked it, its a Touchdown.

He is too scared to play QB in this league. Get us a QB that will use his weapons and throw where angles dare to tread and this team can maybe do something.

He played well overall tonight, but he still seems too skittish in the pocket. He needs to step up in the pocket sometimes.

Plus, he really needs to get the ball downfield more than once or twice a game

He did on that crossing route to TO on third down. (talking about stepping up in pocket)

Needs to keep it up...

I think Edwards was good tonight. My problem with Trent is his inability to stretch the field and get the ball to Evans and Owens. If this does not improve on a consistent basis we need to look for another QB. He has as many weapons as any other offense in the league and likes to dink and dunk. Granted the O-line needs to be better and they called a very good game tonight...good enough to win...but over the long haul I'm concerned about Trent. Did anybody sign Brohm?

The checkdown worked very well today, as did the screen, but good gravy, you've got TO and Lee Evans.....USE THEM.

The reason they dropped the first passes thrown their way is that they forgot what a football looked like. It was Fred Jackson, Fred Jackson, Fred Jackson. I love the guy as much as anyone but COME ON. USE TO and USE EVANS.

I think Edwards was good tonight. My problem with Trent is his inability to stretch the field and get the ball to Evans and Owens. If this does not improve on a consistent basis we need to look for another QB. He has as many weapons as any other offense in the league and likes to dink and dunk. Granted the O-line needs to be better and they called a very good game tonight...good enough to win...but over the long haul I'm concerned about Trent. Did anybody sign Brohm?

Pats had Saftey(ies) over top most of game.

He had a play where Jaws said they were finally one on one, and he didn't take his shot and Jaws called him on it.

Trent was fantastic tonight and I feel for him. He showed me a ton with the clock in his head seemingly restored to normal, taking off at the right time and getting the ball out in rhythm and crisp strong, accurate passes. A lot of those "checkdowns" were designed plays...pretty obvious I thought. HE restored a ton of faith in him for me personally.

Trent was fantastic tonight and I feel for him. He showed me a ton with the clock in his head seemingly restored to normal, taking off at the right time and getting the ball out in rhythm and crisp strong, accurate passes. A lot of those "checkdowns" were designed plays...pretty obvious I thought. HE restored a ton of faith in him for me personally.

He is a coward that wont stand tall and deliver. I saw him duck on a checkdown, he was afraid to take the hit.

Same here... I'm no apologist of his, more of a skeptic, but you took the words out of my mouth.

He has to do EVERYTHING he can to avoid that sack on the last drive though.

Edwards played GREAT tonight because:

1. The NE defense played pathetic. Couldn't tackle worth squat.

2. Brady played horrible. First game in over a year. Missed a LOT of open receivers. A LOT of bad passes in the first half.

3. AVP called a great game and a lot of downfield throws. Gruden/Jaws pointed out that both Evans and TO were doubled, so Trent had to throw it to the TEs and backs, and that was often in the middle of the field, down the field.

Give Trent some credit where credit's due. I think the OL and play-calling are the two main positives from this game, and those directly impact Edwards.

He is a coward that wont stand tall and deliver. I saw him duck on a checkdown, he was afraid to take the hit.

Now come on...I for one question whether or not Trent can be our answer at QB but "coward"?!? THat's not fair.

He played EFFICIENTLY today. Next week, I want to see him make more throws like the one to TO at the end of the game. The throws that require you to TRUST your receivers. That's the most frustrating thing about Trent. You know there's an all-world QB in there, someone needs to get it out!

Not 1 player on the field had a perfect game tonight. Freddie Jackson was pretty damn close.

Trent did not make every play. He is not my favorite player. It would be a long reach to criticize him for tonight's performance.

My favorite part was when his radio seemed to cut out in the final drive. It must have been a technical problem.