Edwards played GREAT

You people on this board frustrate me so much. Trent had arguably the best game of his career so far, in Gillette Stadium, on Monday Night, the first game of the season and the first time he has really run the no-huddle. Why can't anyone give praise to OUR quarterback? He played a hell of a game and if we can get nearly that every week, we are set for years.

You speak the truth! AMEN!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You people on this board frustrate me so much. Trent had arguably the best game of his career so far, in Gillette Stadium, on Monday Night, the first game of the season and the first time he has really run the no-huddle. Why can't anyone give praise to OUR quarterback? He played a hell of a game and if we can get nearly that every week, we are set for years.

I don't know about most of you on this board, but I love my Bills. I bleed red and blue. We lost, so what. There are 15 games left to play this year. Why be so negative about the team that you supposedly love. Enough with all the damn pessimism and learn to love your Bills. Have fun with being part of the best fan base in the NFL.

We played a hell of a game last night and I am damn proud of our team. I may be in the minority, but I am optimistic for the next 16 weeks. Its a long year, with a lot of success ahead.

LETS GO BILLS BABY!!!!!!

If you take a time out and read what a lot of people are saying you will see they are not knocking Trent. Trent had a good outing, but that doesnt change the fundamental problem of our offense which is getting our WR's involved in the passing game when they are our two most dangerous and talented weapons on this team. This is not a NEW problem but a lingering problem going on its third year now.

Just because that concerns people doesnt mean they think Trent had a bad game.

If you take a time out and read what a lot of people are saying you will see they are not knocking Trent. Trent had a good outing, but that doesnt change the fundamental problem of our offense which is getting our WR's involved in the passing game when they are our two most dangerous and talented weapons on this team. This is not a NEW problem but a lingering problem going on its third year now.

People have to also remember that the Patriots played deep, covering Evans and Owens all night long. Go with what's open.

When are you going to get that TO and Lee were double covered the entire game? Would you rather have had Trent throw 4 INT's trying to force the ball to them, or throw 2 TD's taking what the defense is giving them?

Guest dog14787

Only used the ignore twice now and the first person I switched back off because the the poster was intelligent and insightful, not a chance in the world of that happening with the second poster.

All things considering Trent Edwards gave a good showing of himself Monday night. Some folks are determined Trent Edwards is going to fail and would rather have the team do bad just to prove it. Its a warped way to think, but hey, to each his own, everyone has a right to their own opinions. I'll debate TE with anyone ,

anyone with a brain that is...

When are you going to get that TO and Lee were double covered the entire game? Would you rather have had Trent throw 4 INT's trying to force the ball to them, or throw 2 TD's taking what the defense is giving them?

Please show me in any post where I said force the ball into double coverage...

When your WR's are being constantly "taken out of the plays" by double coverage you ADJUST! You do realize that when you double the wideouts, especially ones as fast as ours, you do so with safeties the majority of the time. Guess what, the Pats were playing there safeties deep...want to know why...because thats where our WR's kept running routes...mid range and deep.

So how do you beat that? Well the Bills seem to think you keep running the same routes. The correct answer is to run short, quick routes like slants, hooks, curls, crossing routes, ins, and outs. You run picks for those WR's...basically you do exactly what the Pats did to us in the second half and what AZ did to utterly destroy us last year. Thats how you beat double teams with dynamic players, you get them the ball BEFORE the double team gets there.

No offense is ever better off having your RB lead the team in targets and recieving, especially when you have TO, Evans and Nelson as recieving options. Sure, you take what the D gives you...but guess what, you also need to adjust to get what you want and to get a rhythm. Bottom line, if you let the defense DICTATE your offense you will lose more than you win in the NFL, and if you dont get that then there is no reason to discuss this further.

So, I ask you the same question...When are you going to get that?

I never said he didn't do good. I never said "QB rating is misleading", I said "in certain cases QB rating is misleading". I don't think the QB rating is indicative of the performance of the quarterbacks last night. I already explained why I think that it isn't representative of their performances. According to the QB rating, Edwards handily outplayed Tom Brady. Is that what happened? I don't think so. Did Edwards play well enough to win? Yes he did.

Umm yes actually he did HANDILY out-play Tom Brady. If you extrapolate Trent's numbers across the same number of plays, the comparison would look like this:

Trent: 32/53 (15/25 = 60% | 32/53 = 60%) 450 yards (8.5 ypa x 53 attempts); 4 TDs (53 attempts / 12.5 attempts per TD); 0 ints

Brady: 39/53 378 yards; 2 TDs; 1 int

This extrapolation was based on the individual passing statistics listed on espn:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290914017

Surely you would recognize that the quarterback with substantially more attempts would have more yardage and TD opportunities. So if you apply Trents actual numbers across the same numbers of attempts, you can make a very reasonable argument that Trents actual numbers were FAR more impressive than Tom Brady. So yea, the rating was in this case a very accurate indicator of performance for those two QBs. But thanks for playing.

Also, if you think Trent wasn't looking down field enough, we can observe the comparison between yards per *completion*:

Trent: 212 yards/15 completions = 14.1 yards per completion (which is effing RIGHTEOUS)

Brady: 378 yards /39 completions = 9.7 yards per completion (good but not Trent Edwards good)

So clearly, he was getting more plays down field for more yards per capita than Tom Brady. If we didn't have at least 3 balls dropped that should have been caught, even *if* they weren't exactly perfect, the difference between Edwards and Brady would be even more profound. So why don't you and Alphadawg take your brainless BS anti-football wannabe logic down the road to someone who cannot instant spot the fallacies in your perspective. Unless you like to be made to look like a fool.

Does anyone else want to try and debunk my logic? Or have you had enough getting pwned for one night? God I love being me.

Umm yes actually he did HANDILY out-play Tom Brady. If you extrapolate Trent's numbers across the same number of plays, the comparison would look like this:

Trent: 32/53 450 yards (8.5 ypa x 53 attempts); 4 TDs (53 attempts / 12.5 attempts per TD); 0 ints

Surely you would recognize that the quarterback with substantially more attempts would have more yardage and TD opportunities. So if you apply Trents actually numbers across the same numbers of attempts, you can make a very reasonable argument that Trents actual numbers were FAR more impressive than Tom Brady. So yea, the rating was in this case a very accurate indicator of performance for those two QBs. But thanks for playing.

hahahahaha...wow...creatively dumb as they come.

Brady got that many throwing attempts becuase HE MOVED THE CHAINS...geezus you are priceless.

People have to also remember that the Patriots played deep, covering Evans and Owens all night long. Go with what's open.

Exactly why you bring your recievers to a part of the field where they will be open...which are quick striking routes BEFORE the double can get there. Our OC should have adjusted.

AVP needs to make that adjustment and hopefully the game film when clue him in on that for the next game. In fact, I would bet money that we will see a lot of TO quick slants and short crossing routes in the TB game...something SORELY missed in the Pats game.

No he didn't. Checking down WAY too fast. TO blew by his guy on one checkdown and if Trent had held the ball one fking second longer and chucked it, its a Touchdown.

He is too scared to play QB in this league. Get us a QB that will use his weapons and throw where angles dare to tread and this team can maybe do something.

Nope, you're wrong. That's all there is to it. Trent played very well. Learn a little about football, and then talk

AVP needs to make that adjustment and hopefully the game film when clue him in on that for the next game. In fact, I would bet money that we will see a lot of TO quick slants and short crossing routes in the TB game...something SORELY missed in the Pats game.

apples and oranges I think.

There's no way Tampa's secondlevel players will be taking drops that deep without near as good of a DLine as the Pats.

hahahahaha...wow...creatively dumb as they come.

Brady got that many throwing attempts becuase HE MOVED THE CHAINS...geezus you are priceless.

Alphadawg, I have presented my case in undeniable, irrefutable fashion and still you continue to banter and try and make your baseless point. It is more than obvious that I am in fact correct and you are in fact stupid. Just acknowledge it and I won't have to keep raping you like this man.

Tom Brady got that many attempts BECAUSE Bills penalties and dropped passes killed drives that would have continued easily otherwise. We had first down yardage negated time after time due to that crap, and that was in no way Trent's fault. You KNOW that I am right. Stop digging your hole deeper man. This debate is over.

Trent: 32/53 (15/25 = 60% | 32/53 = 60%) 450 yards (8.5 ypa x 53 attempts); 4 TDs (53 attempts / 12.5 attempts per TD); 0 ints

This extrapolation was based on the individual passing statistics listed on espn:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290914017

Surely you would recognize that the quarterback with substantially more attempts would have more yardage and TD opportunities. So if you apply Trents actual numbers across the same numbers of attempts, you can make a very reasonable argument that Trents actual numbers were FAR more impressive than Tom Brady. So yea, the rating was in this case a very accurate indicator of performance for those two QBs. But thanks for playing.

Also, if you think Trent wasn't looking down field enough, we can observe the comparison between yards per *completion*:

Trent: 212 yards/15 completions = 14.1 yards per completion (which is effing RIGHTEOUS)

Brady: 378 yards /39 completions = 9.7 yards per completion (good but not Trent Edwards good)

So clearly, he was getting more plays down field for more yards per capita than Tom Brady. If we didn't have at least 3 balls dropped that should have been caught, even *if* they weren't exactly perfect, the difference between Edwards and Brady would be even more profound. So why don't you and Alphadawg take your brainless BS anti-football wannabe logic down the road to someone who cannot instant spot the fallacies in your perspective. Unless you like to be made to look like a fool.

Does anyone else want to try and debunk my logic? Or have you had enough getting pwned for one night? God I love being me.

That's great that you took the time to calculate what would have happened if the Bills threw the ball 50 times, but it didn't happen. Buffalo didn't convert a third down until halfway through the third quarter. If Edwards was "pwning" Brady (which I can't even understand how that's possible, since Brady doesn't play defense), why didn't we throw the ball more?

And you bring up Trent "not looking down the field enough" and compare yards per completion. Did it ever occur to you that Fred Jackson had 7 catches, most of which were behind the line of scrimmage? I'm not penalizing Trent, because like I said he played well enough for Buffalo to win, but that's why I say the QB rating is misleading in this case.

So please, pwn me some more. I can't believe you use "pwn" in a discussion, but to each their own.

Exactly why you bring your recievers to a part of the field where they will be open...which are quick striking routes BEFORE the double can get there. Our OC should have adjusted.

They were open you !@#$ing idiot. A lot more open than Moss and Welker were. That is why Trent averaged 14+ yards per completion and Brady averaged less than 10 yards per completion. How can you possibly continue to perpetuate this crap? I know that it is more than obvious even to you that you are in fact wrong. You need to just admit it and get over it.

That's great that you took the time to calculate what would have happened if the Bills threw the ball 50 times, but it didn't happen. Buffalo didn't convert a third down until halfway through the third quarter. If Edwards was "pwning" Brady (which I can't even understand how that's possible, since Brady doesn't play defense), why didn't we throw the ball more?

And you bring up Trent "not looking down the field enough" and compare yards per completion. Did it ever occur to you that Fred Jackson had 7 catches, most of which were behind the line of scrimmage? I'm not penalizing Trent, because like I said he played well enough for Buffalo to win, but that's why I say the QB rating is misleading in this case.

So please, pwn me some more. I can't believe you use "pwn" in a discussion, but to each their own.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/extrapolation

There was a reason I called it an extrapolation. I used the word pwn because no other word carries the correct derogatory connotation that I needed to convey that could accurately reflect how wrong and ridiculous your argument is.

You miss my point, which is hardly surprising. The point being WHY would you throw a more dangerous, lower percentage pass that would yield less yards per completion than the safer, higher percentage pass that yields more yards per completion? That is absolutely stupid. So despite the fact that you think somehow forcing the ball into tighter coverage for less yardage is a good thing, Trent was actually making better reads than your limited capacity for logic and spacial analysis would allow.

The tunnel-vision bashers should stop nitpicking. He played well. Lets say very well given the circumstances.

But lets talk about what really matters here.

I don't know if it was his best game, but based on what we've seen over a significant sample of starts, on a curve it's definitely his B+/A- game....

How likely are we to get that every week? How much better can he be? We all know he can be much worse.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/extrapolation

There was a reason I called it an extrapolation. I used the word pwn because no other word carries the correct derogatory connotation that I needed to convey that could accurately reflect how wrong and ridiculous your argument is.

Thanks for the link to the word 'extrapolation'. I already knew it, but thanks anyways. I notice how you seemingly missed the yard per completion argument blowing up in your face. Please continue with the l33t pwning of this n00bz0r.

also, I don't know why your panties are in such a bunch. I said Edwards played well. What else do you want me to say? "OMG he's the bestest QB EVAR!!!!!1111"

Alphadawg, I have presented my case in undeniable, irrefutable fashion and still you continue to banter and try and make your baseless point. It is more than obvious that I am in fact correct and you are in fact stupid. Just acknowledge it and I won't have to keep raping you like this man.

Tom Brady got that many attempts BECAUSE Bills penalties and dropped passes killed drives that would have continued easily otherwise. We had first down yardage negated time after time due to that crap, and that was in no way Trent's fault. You KNOW that I am right. Stop digging your hole deeper man. This debate is over.

You do realize jackass that we only had 3 drives "killed" by dropped passes and/or penalty as some of them happened on the same drives? You also realize that in one of those drives were a couple of bad things happened we scored a TD...you do realize we had 6 other drives where our offensive scheme produced nothing? You do realize that one of our bonehead OL penalites was literally negated as if it never happened on the very next play by a roughing the passer call putting us back at 1st and 10...

You are a childish kid who has no idea about football or what the hell you are talking about and you are getting called out on it by just about everyone replying to your threads...

Guest dog14787
They were open you !@#$ing idiot. A lot more open than Moss and Welker were. That is why Trent averaged 14+ yards per completion and Brady averaged less than 10 yards per completion. How can you possibly continue to perpetuate this crap? I know that it is more than obvious even to you that you are in fact wrong. You need to just admit it and get over it.

Everything goes in one ear and out the other so I wouldn't bother wasting your effort on someone that's clearly clueless.

Besides, I can't ignore his dumb arss posts if you keep letting him get to you. :thumbsup: