Do u think Trent will actually throw it deep?

kbuckley9091

This is vital to me...we have to loosen them up or we are dead.

The key thing to me is, Trent needs to just drop back and let it fly deep to Owens or Lee.

He cannot and will not have time to sit back there and read the D.

This is what JP used to do with Lee Evans, just drop back and chunk it (mainly beacuse he COULDN'T read the D)...but it

worked for allot of long bombs!! I hope Van Pelt calls the deep ball...we have to set the tone and BE AGGRESSIVE! Like Dicky said when he fired Turk! Your thoughts....

I think they should call the deep ball early and give no options to Trent. It's just step back and throw long. If the receiver is double covered throw it away long. If the receiver is single covered throw a jump ball. And to make it simple , pick a receiver prior to the snap and go to him regardless.

I think they should call the deep ball early and give no options to Trent. It's just step back and throw long. If the receiver is double covered throw it away long. If the receiver is single covered throw a jump ball. And to make it simple , pick a receiver prior to the snap and go to him regardless.

I agree 100%!! There will be zero time to read the D, as I'm sure Belicheat will be blitzing his ass off...

God please let AVP be smart enough to call this! I'm really curious to see if the problem was really Turk or

just Trent being afraid to take the risk, no more excuses for Trent....put up or shut up time for him...

This is vital to me...we have to loosen them up or we are dead.

The key thing to me is, Trent needs to just drop back and let it fly deep to Owens or Lee.

He cannot and will not have time to sit back there and read the D.

This is what JP used to do with Lee Evans, just drop back and chunk it (mainly beacuse he COULDN'T read the D)...but it

worked for allot of long bombs!! I hope Van Pelt calls the deep ball...we have to set the tone and BE AGGRESSIVE! Like Dicky said when he fired Turk! Your thoughts....

I am not sure about going deep early. We don't know how our line is going to hold up. If, say, for the first play we send all our speedsters deep and Trent wants to heave it, there has to be assurance that the protection will hold up for 5 seconds to allow the separation. Else, one of two things can happen - Trent gets plastered or gets intercepted. Either of those situations will immediately put Trent to go into a shell for the entire game, given his already fragile confidence level. So, I think there need to be a lot of mixing up of passes vs run where the passes are medium/short type. Once we start getting success in these passes, then we can take the risk of bombing away.

So, I think we need to be aggressive but not in the throw deep department - more in the pass-run balance area.

I am not sure about going deep early. We don't know how our line is going to hold up. If, say, for the first play we send all our speedsters deep and Trent wants to heave it, there has to be assurance that the protection will hold up for 5 seconds to allow the separation. Else, one of two things can happen - Trent gets plastered or gets intercepted. Either of those situations will immediately put Trent to go into a shell for the entire game, given his already fragile confidence level. So, I think there need to be a lot of mixing up of passes vs run where the passes are medium/short type. Once we start getting success in these passes, then we can take the risk of bombing away.

So, I think we need to be aggressive but not in the throw deep department - more in the pass-run balance area.

That's the problem, he won't have 5 seconds, but Lee and T.O. are both fast enough that he can just drop back and launch a rainbow (maybe 3 seconds) and those guys can run under it. I just think Belicheat is gonna flood the short zones and put eight guys in the box because Trent has become captain checkdown. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a bomb, even a deep seam route to the TE Nelson would be great....I do see you're point though, if Trent gets plastered early, it's over....

They will not be able to go deep, mid-range or short unless they can mount a good running game. One would hope that this is why they drafted the guards. When there is no threat of a ground attack the pass is drastically weakened. If they cannot convert those 3rd and short plays running the football, they will lose this and other games for this very reason.

Running game and passing game obviously feed off each other. Let's hope TE going long and connecting will keep the Patsies defense on their heels opening up the running game for Jackson.

GO BILLS F' THE PATRIOTS

The main thing is attack those bastards! I HATED the way we went into foxborough last year, played like a bunch

of wussies with our tails tucked behind our legs! We were freaking 5-2 at the time and they had no Brady!! I blame that mostly on Jauron and his conservative BS! That's what (I hope) is great about him being on the Hot-Seat, he now is almost being FORCED to attack or he's gone! Of course, all he's done so far is TALK about attacking, let's see if he actually does it...I don't mind them losing if they at least play aggresive...That's how they almost beat them in Jauron's debut as Bills coach, ever since that game he's coached "not to lose" against the Pats.....

The main thing is attack those bastards! I HATED the way we went into foxborough last year, played like a bunch

of wussies with our tails tucked behind our legs! We were freaking 5-2 at the time and they had no Brady!! I blame that mostly on Jauron and his conservative BS! That's what (I hope) is great about him being on the Hot-Seat, he now is almost being FORCED to attack or he's gone! Of course, all he's done so far is TALK about attacking, let's see if he actually does it...I don't mind them losing if they at least play aggresive...That's how they almost beat them in Jauron's debut as Bills coach, ever since that game he's coached "not to lose" against the Pats.....

I completely agree and if by some chance we actually get the lead, keep pounding on them. Our defense should take it to heart and get angry if they gain yardage - similar to the way the Ravens D plays.

The Offense has to remember that Defense has changed - minus 5 starters from last year, a young secondary up against Owens and Evans.