Gus Johnson -

basskik11

Absolutely agree. He's by far my favorite. Did you hear his call today when Stokley caught that deflection? Awesome. :D

yeah haha, he lost his fricken' mind today....and the thing is that he's one of those guys that shows appreciation of all sports, it's love for the game...i love it when he goes absolutely bonkers!

I caught the beginning of the Giants-Skins game and Portis broke a big run early...Joe Buck was like, "Oh...Portis with a pretty good run." No emotion, just same old boring I wish I was somewhere else commentating.

Joe Buck < Gus Johnson

hahaha Id love to see Gus Johnson call the Super Bowl!

I caught the beginning of the Giants-Skins game and Portis broke a big run early...Joe Buck was like, "Oh...Portis with a pretty good run." No emotion, just same old boring I wish I was somewhere else commentating.

Joe Buck < Gus Johnson

Local high school radio announcers > Joe Buck

God, I really, really dislike that guy. He seems like such a pompous ass. By far my favorite play-by-play guy is Sean McDonough. He's the most underappreciated guy around. And he's stuck doing college games.

Joe Buck < Gus Johnson

Joe Buck is the Dick Jauron of broadcasting.

yeah haha, he lost his fricken' mind today....and the thing is that he's one of those guys that shows appreciation of all sports, it's love for the game...i love it when he goes absolutely bonkers!

I was waiting for Susan Waldman to come in and start yelling along with him

He IS entertaining. That said, I'm pretty sullied. Going from Van to Murph is equivalent to Penthouse to basement. Murphs' a good 11:00p.m. sports caster, but offers nothing in the booth. The harder he tries, the more lame he sounds, IMO.

We need a better play by play guy!

He IS entertaining. That said, I'm pretty sullied. Going from Van to Murph is equivalent to Penthouse to basement. Murphs' a good 11:00p.m. sports caster, but offers nothing in the booth. The harder he tries, the more lame he sounds, IMO.

We need a better play by play guy!

It is tough replacing Van, he was one of the best there ever was. You have to think we can do better than Murph though. I like him, but he is much better suited for color commentary than play by play.

And I second the Joe buck comments on here. He is a waste of space and has ruined many viewings of sports on Fox for me.

Add Aikman to the mix and you have the worst pair in the NFL imho. Thankfully the Bills are only on fox twice a season.