NFL Teams Without Cheerleaders?

Metal Man

I noticed last night that there did not appear to be any cheerleaders for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I knew that the Jets and Giants did not have them and I guess I always thought that was just some dumb Jersey thing. However after not seeing any shots of scantily clad women trying to rouse up Steeler fans during last night's broadcast I did a little digging this morning.

According to the internet there are seven NFL teams who do not have a cheerleading squad.

Jets

Giants

Browns

Bears

Packers

Lions

Steelers

Anyone have any idea why this would be for any or all of these teams? Not that the Jills are anything special, but I would rather have semi-attractive cheerleaders than no cheerleaders at all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the typical Buffalo type response. 'I would rather have a shi##y team than not have one' 'I would rather have ugly cheerleaders than not have them'.

And we wonder why Ralph doesn't feel the need to pay to improve this team?

Ha, well I'm not blaming the FO for the Jills, and I did say semi-attractive and not ugly.

I guess the idea is that extremely hot women in WNY are probably less common than in somewhere like Miami or So Cal.

But that is a debate for a different thread.

;)

When I am at a game I generally do not even know that the Jills are there except for when they do their little dance routines on the field. The concept is pointless really. If I want to see scantily clad semi-attractive women I will go to Fort Erie ;)

Or if you want hot ones..... Sundowner. ;)

Hard to argue against them being kind of useless, I was more just wondering if maybe someone knew about some kind of policy or rule that these teams have that prohibits cheerleaders for some reason.

Jets do have Cheerleaders now. They are called, wait for it..........The Flight Crew.

Some of the new Jills are, in fact, very attractive. So there.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I think they call them flag girls for some reason though.... as if that makes a difference in their actual job duties.

Ah the typical Buffalo type response. 'I would rather have a shi##y team than not have one' 'I would rather have ugly cheerleaders than not have them'.

And we wonder why Ralph doesn't feel the need to pay to improve this team?

;)

So if you were starving would you rather die or be forced to eat lousy food?

Jets do have Cheerleaders now. They are called, wait for it..........The Flight Crew.

Some of the new Jills are, in fact, very attractive. So there.

Yea you beat me to it.

I saw the Jets cheerleaders at NFL.com a couple of days ago and was surprised.

But Tampa Bay has some honeys, So does Washington.

sorry but the Jills come up short in looks compared to some other teams.

Are you trying to say if the Bills left Buffalo you would literally die? ;)

Nope. I was just trying to point out that when given the option for having a lousy NFL team versus no NFL team, the option is pretty clear for a football fan.

See, it's this thing called an analogy... ;)