Titians vs Steelers

billsfan89

Are you like me so starved for real football that you will watch the Steelers Titians game tonight? I will be watching the game as I do every year with the Thursday night opener. I watch a lot of non-Bills football just because I enjoy the game and while I don't always watch the Monday night game (If its a good match up or I am not busy I usually do watch it) but this is the first sense of real football in like 6 plus months.

Pre-season sucks and even though some here might think its the be all end all it doesn't count for squat. So the first real game since the Super Bowl count me in and its a good match up as well.

My personal prediction for the game Steelers 21 Titans 10 very close in the first half but the Steelers pull away in the third quarter and salt away the clock to make for a boring end of the game. Also am I the only one who thinks the Titans are going to miss Haynesworth really bad?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of a football fan wont be watching

Some people are just really into their team and don't care too much to watch every game. But unlike the NBA NHL and MLB the NFL is a league where everyone follows every team. A lot of NFL fans can name every QB of every team yet very few NHL fans can name the goalie of every NHL team (I think I could name 20 plus but some west coast teams I would draw a blank and I am a huge hockey fan).

I hate the Thursday night opener and usually don't watch it just on general principle.

But these are two physical, phenomenally coached, bad-ass football teams that really and truly despise each other. A lot.

That towel-stomping from last year is still in a lot of folk's heads tonight and I think this is going to be a vicious brawl complete with biting and eye gouging.

I hate the Thursday night opener and usually don't watch it just on general principle.

But these are two physical, phenomenally coached, bad-ass football teams that really and truly despise each other. A lot.

That towel-stomping from last year is still in a lot of folk's heads tonight and I think this is going to be a vicious brawl complete with biting and eye gouging.

I agree with your thoughts on the match up. The ex wife is a Steelers' fan and then there is the Music City Miracle and I work in TN. Decisions Decisions...

I agree with your thoughts on the match up. The ex wife is a Steelers' fan and then there is the Music City Miracle and I work in TN. Decisions Decisions...

Wow, that is a tough one.

Root for a tie on a blown call?

Wow, that is a tough one.

Root for a tie on a blown call?

:thumbsup:

I was listening to Fisher on the radio Tuesday and he started off sort of downplaying the whole towel incident. He commented that opening day was big enough and tended to hype players anyway. He said that it was basically a non-factor. Then as he talked of past games, preparation, how big the rivalry was, how the division change seemed not to matter, and how a Steelers game was different than other games he actually became quite animated. Perhaps it was my imagination, but it sounded like he was eager (he tends to be pretty Jauron like in the radio interviews) for the game.

This should be an awesome game.

Are you like me so starved for real football that you will watch the Steelers Titians game tonight? I will be watching the game as I do every year with the Thursday night opener. I watch a lot of non-Bills football just because I enjoy the game and while I don't always watch the Monday night game (If its a good match up or I am not busy I usually do watch it) but this is the first sense of real football in like 6 plus months.

Pre-season sucks and even though some here might think its the be all end all it doesn't count for squat. So the first real game since the Super Bowl count me in and its a good match up as well.

My personal prediction for the game Steelers 21 Titans 10 very close in the first half but the Steelers pull away in the third quarter and salt away the clock to make for a boring end of the game. Also am I the only one who thinks the Titans are going to miss Haynesworth really bad?

Of course. Why wouldn't you watch?

Every year after the Superbowl I feel like part of me has died (likely a small portion of my liver). To think that a football fan who has access to a TV wouldn't be watching is a rather sad thought.

I'd watch if it was the Lions playing against themselves. Its NFL regular season football!

I'm watching because of terrible towel stomping the Titans did last year. My brother is a Steelers fan and it pissed him off to no end.

Lendale White said "If it happens to be there, I'm going to stomp all over that, man. If there's a towel in the stands, I will stomp on it. I don't care who gets mad. If they throw a towel at me, I'm going to kick it and stomp all over it. If they don't want their towel stomped on, keep it out my face."

Article

I'm waiting for an illegal crack back by Ward or various other Steeler retribution