i hate this guy.....

bbillsfan87

Well - you can't blame an outside writer who only can look at the ps record, and while everybody knows that preseason losses don't generally mean a lot - the fact is that in a couple of them, they were soundly...soundly spanked. The 1st team offense was abysmal by anyone's standards. Add in the late dumping of Snert, and Walker.

The picture painted is pretty bleak, so I can see why that writer tossed us into the trash heap.

is it really so far fetched to think the Bills might have the worst record in the league this year? probably wont happen but isnt out of the question

Well yeah, but it isn't out of the question that the Patriots* will have the worst record either. Nary a regular season down has been played this season, so anything can happen.

It's worthless to give any credence to preseason predictions. Sportswriters just do them because they can't think of anything original.

Why do people get so worked up over some dillweed sports writer trying to predict the future. It is one guy's opinion and it is usually based on very minimal facts. Who the hell cares what this guy predicts ?

That said, I would much rather have the Bills go 2-14 than 6-10 this year. Anything close to .500 and Ralph has an excuse to keep status quo. Unless DJ can pull off a miracle and make the playoffs, I want him out. If the Bills win 6 games, DJ stays and we suck again next year and the year after.

I read the whole article and thought a lot of it was actually very well written and pretty hilarious.

Take number 16 for example: 16. Former Giants receiver Plaxico Burress (who accidentally shot himself in the leg while illegally carrying a handgun in public) was given a prison sentence 30 times longer than that of Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth (who killed a pedestrian while driving drunk and high). Not only weird, but perplexing.

I think this is entirely true. How in the U.S. Justice System, thats supposed to be tough on drunk drivers-due to constant lobbying from MADD and SADD and others) let a guy that killed somebody drunk in a car out of prison in under 30 days?

A valid question. Or how about this one:

12. In April 2008, Marvin Harrison was accused of shooting a man outside Playmakers, a Philly nightclub Harrison owns. The bullets were fired from a Belgian handgun registered to Harrison. Witnesses refused to come forward. The investigation stalled. The man decided to file a civil suit against Harrison. (So did another victim who was struck by a stray bullet.) In July 2009, while sitting in his car, the first accuser was shot seven times and eventually died this week, but not before telling police he believed Harrison hired the gunman. We still don't know who was responsible for either shooting.

Just sayin'.

I read the whole article and thought a lot of it was actually very well written and pretty hilarious.

Take number 16 for example: 16. Former Giants receiver Plaxico Burress (who accidentally shot himself in the leg while illegally carrying a handgun in public) was given a prison sentence 30 times longer than that of Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth (who killed a pedestrian while driving drunk and high). Not only weird, but perplexing.

I think this is entirely true. How in the U.S. Justice System, thats supposed to be tough on drunk drivers-due to constant lobbying from MADD and SADD and others) let a guy that killed somebody drunk in a car out of prison in under 30 days?

A valid question. Or how about this one:

12. In April 2008, Marvin Harrison was accused of shooting a man outside Playmakers, a Philly nightclub Harrison owns. The bullets were fired from a Belgian handgun registered to Harrison. Witnesses refused to come forward. The investigation stalled. The man decided to file a civil suit against Harrison. (So did another victim who was struck by a stray bullet.) In July 2009, while sitting in his car, the first accuser was shot seven times and eventually died this week, but not before telling police he believed Harrison hired the gunman. We still don't know who was responsible for either shooting.

Just sayin'.

"All we are sayin', is give thread drift a chance".

bill simmons is a terrible writer and an even worst pats* homer. reading his article is like listening to skip bayless, completely useless. just misused information used to cause controversy, if ESPN was really about reporting sports related news objectively neither one of those idiots will have a job.

Well yeah, but it isn't out of the question that the Patriots* will have the worst record either. Nary a regular season down has been played this season, so anything can happen.

It's worthless to give any credence to preseason predictions. Sportswriters just do them because they can't think of anything original.

Right. How many sportswriters last year picked the Lards to be NFC West Champs and NFC champs. How many predicted Atlanta to be good.

I saw part of a thing on NFL netowrk with them picking the playoff teams. They were all the same ones from last year plus the Patsies* instead of Fish. How original. Can guarantee that will be wrong. That's why they play the games.

NYC: proud capital of "Blue" America. Can't expect much common sense there.

you're probably one of these guys that says you cant grade a draft for 3 years either right

sometimes things dont turn out like you expect they will but most of the time they do....this team stinks