Dockery's heart wasn't into playing in Buffalo

ThereIsNoDog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this. If he didn't want to leave DC, then he shouldn't have taken the money and left. And, if the money was way too much to turn down, then shut up and play your heart out.

Couldn't agree more. Let me add that I'm looking forward to Dockery and Mike Williams really sucking this year. And I'm not the spiteful type.

:thumbsup:

Exactly. Marv could only go by what his scouting staff was telling him. John Guy and Modrak have been as much of a waste of money as Dockery was.

But Marv did sign off on the decision so he's not blameless by any means.

See above. Benign neglect is not in the job description of NFL GM.

Let me add that in 2007, the same year we signed Dockery for $49 million, Kris Dielman the San Diego guard was also up for free agency. He decided to take less from the Chargers ($39 million) than sign with the Seattle Seahawks who were offering him $48.2 million. That same year Eric Steinbach was also a free agent and signed with the Cleveland Browns for $49.5 million, a record contract at the time. They were considered the top three guards in free agency.

Steinbach and Dielman have since been selected to Pro Bowls as alternates. That's one of the reasons to draft linemen instead of signing them as free agents. Once established they are very expensive.

Hidden in this - where was anyone in the locker room and among the coaches calling him out on it? Kelly, Bruce, Andre, Thurman, etc. would never stood for this crap. One of the reasons why the Patsies* have been so good is that their team takes on the same spirit.

The reason you haven't heard about it is because it is typical Bills propaganda created to shift the blame to the recently released player.

Walker was not a LT - not a surprise

but to attack the guys integrity and attitude after kicking him to the curb is a typical Russ Brandon hachet job

the same type of program he orchestrated against Peters

lucky for him -the Bills lemmings buy this crap hook, line and sinker

I find it amazing that all of the Bills OL decided simultaneously that they did not want to play in Buffalo - Peters, Dockery, Walker, etc

Let's review-

in 2007- Jim McNally is the OL coach

the bills bring in 2 highly paid free agents.

the OL as a whole performs better than at anytime over the previous 15 years.

Jason Peters makes the Pro bowl

in 2008, Kugler takes over as the OL coach.

Peters "regresses" and does not play up to his standard - his hold out is blamed, and he is traded in 2009

Dockery "regresses" significantly in 2008 and it is determined that his play does not justify his contract - he is cut outright in 2009

Fowler and Preston "regress" from servicable players to outright liabilities. The are cut at end of 2008.

In 2009- the Bills run Peters out of town and move Walker to LT without his prior knowledge knowing they will be running the no huddle.

2009- end of pre-season, Walker is deemed to have "regressed" badly and is cut outright. In a brilliant revelation, Kugler and staff realize Walker is overweight and poorly conditioned which severely hinders his play.

Since no healthy OL is available to play LT, the Bills re-sign Kirk Chambers who was cut the day before because his play had "regressed". However, he got better overnight and now qualifies as one of John Guy's tremendous free agent OL discoveries.

seems there is a lot of "regressing" under Kugler's watch.

Coincidence???

I think not

and the bills faithful expect Kugler to take 3 rookies, a cast off and a always injured OT playing out of position and turn then into a cohesive OL.

Better hope they all decide they don't want to play in Buffalo anymore :thumbsup:

So now Kugler is the problem. OK.

Couldn't agree more. Let me add that I'm looking forward to Dockery and Mike Williams really sucking this year. And I'm not the spiteful type.

But Marv did sign off on the decision so he's not blameless by any means.

See above. Benign neglect is not in the job description of NFL GM.

Let me add that in 2007, the same year we signed Dockery for $49 million, Kris Deilman the San Diego guard was also up for free agency. He decided to take less from the Chargers ($39 million) than sign with the Seattle Seahawks who were offering him $48.2 million. That same year Eric Steinbach was also a free agent and signed with the Cleveland Browns for $49.5 million, a record contract at the time. They were considered the top three guards in free agency.

Steinbach and Dielman have since been selected to Pro Bowls as alternates. That's one of the reasons to draft linemen instead of signing them as free agents. Once established they are very expensive.

more bad decisions than good decisions adds up to no playoffs for 10 yrs. Lets hope this offseasons seemingly smart decisions hold up.

The reason you haven't heard about it is because it is typical Bills propaganda created to shift the blame to the recently released player.

but to attack the guys integrity and attitude after kicking him to the curb is a typical Russ Brandon hachet job

Yep those marketing folk at One Bills Drive are amazing.

The retard notion that Ralph doesn't want to win needs to go.

The team is in a funk. It happens. Study football history. We will turn it around. Plus, the team isn't going anywhere.

Repeat: the team isn't going anywhere, and we are in good hands.

Be interesting to see how it goes in Washington this year. My guess is that there is little interest in football period.

Ross Tucker already wrote about how he was with the Redskins and told a veteran how excited he was late in the season to be in the playoff race and the guy just looked at him funny. He asked "didn't he want to go to the playoffs" and the vets response was "Not really..."

So much for players wanting to play hard for DJ. But in any case the Donahoe/Levy eras had to be among the most frustrating eras of the last 50 years. That is because it wasn't like we never had any talent during those years, but the pieces were never put together in the right way to lead to success.

What? We had no talent period. Plus, our search for a QB didn't work out. Thats disaster in this NFL.

I find it amazing that all of the Bills OL decided simultaneously that they did not want to play in Buffalo - Peters, Dockery, Walker, etc

Let's review-

in 2007- Jim McNally is the OL coach

the bills bring in 2 highly paid free agents.

the OL as a whole performs better than at anytime over the previous 15 years.

Jason Peters makes the Pro bowl

in 2008, Kugler takes over as the OL coach.

Peters "regresses" and does not play up to his standard - his hold out is blamed, and he is traded in 2009

Dockery "regresses" significantly in 2008 and it is determined that his play does not justify his contract - he is cut outright in 2009

Fowler and Preston "regress" from servicable players to outright liabilities. The are cut at end of 2008.

In 2009- the Bills run Peters out of town and move Walker to LT without his prior knowledge knowing they will be running the no huddle.

2009- end of pre-season, Walker is deemed to have "regressed" badly and is cut outright. In a brilliant revelation, Kugler and staff realize Walker is overweight and poorly conditioned which severely hinders his play.

Since no healthy OL is available to play LT, the Bills re-sign Kirk Chambers who was cut the day before because his play had "regressed". However, he got better overnight and now qualifies as one of John Guy's tremendous free agent OL discoveries.

seems there is a lot of "regressing" under Kugler's watch.

Coincidence???

I think not

and the bills faithful expect Kugler to take 3 rookies, a cast off and a always injured OT playing out of position and turn then into a cohesive OL.

Better hope they all decide they don't want to play in Buffalo anymore :rolleyes:

You forgot that Kugler was a huge upgrade and the problem with our offense was that Coach McNally was an overrated turd -- at least that what they said back then...

Walker's attitude has been getting questioned since early this summer..they haven't said much more that wasn't already said since he was cut loose.

As far as Peters, you'd have to be blind not to see Peters had a rotten attitude and a lack of work ethic long before he was traded away. The organization said hardly a word against him...it was those of us who watched the whole debacle unfold that were the most outspoken

Yep those marketing folk at One Bills Drive are amazing.

The retard notion that Ralph doesn't want to win needs to go.

The team is in a funk. It happens. Study football history. We will turn it around. Plus, the team isn't going anywhere.

Repeat: the team isn't going anywhere, and we are in good hands.

:rolleyes:

Which leads me to another idea I had about this team.....

Going forward we need to make the fact that a player is smart, tough, has played in cold weather, and actually would LIKE to play in area like ours when we draft or pick them up as free agents.........

Dockery was not that guy......but a guy like Eric Wood is.....just sayin

On that logic, you'd have about 25 largely no-talent guys on your roster, who were cut by other NFL teams.. and you'd go about 2-14 every year. NFL millionaires want to spend their millions in Miami, New York, Boston, you know, fun places for single wealthy professional athletes... don't get me wrong, I am OK with WNY because I grew up there, etc, but, barring family relationships or other ties to the area, who the heck comes to Buffalo by choice??