When the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs, do you follow another

LGB

What is perplexing to me is that the success at the Bill's box office has not translated to a better product from this organization. If we were all shareholders, which in some respect we are, we would be trying to hold the Bills to a higher standard. Almost a whole generation (14 years) without a playoff win and the Bills continue to enjoy great ticket sales. But 9 years with no Bills playoffs has meant that some people who love football - continue to follow the NFL. Probably more so now because of fantasy football, but at the end of the season and the Bills are eliminated with their sub .500 record, do you turn off the TV and forget about football - or if not, which team do you try to follow?

What is perplexing to me is that the success at the Bill's box office has not translated to a better product from this organization. If we were all shareholders, which in some respect we are, we would be trying to hold the Bills to a higher standard. Almost a whole generation (14 years) without a playoff win and the Bills continue to enjoy great ticket sales. But 9 years with no Bills playoffs has meant that some people who love football - continue to follow the NFL. Probably more so now because of fantasy football, but at the end of the season and the Bills are eliminated with their sub .500 record, do you turn off the TV and forget about football - or if not, which team do you try to follow?

Well, my wife is from New Orleans, so I follow the Saints once Buffalo is done. And I have a bad feeling come week three i'm not going to be in very good spirits, because the Saints will probably score 60 points on us, she'll be cheering and laughing, with her stupid Reggie Bush jersey on...

What is perplexing to me is that the success at the Bill's box office has not translated to a better product from this organization.

When you think about it, it makes more sense the way it is. A successful business spends the least amount of money they can get away with and have good sales. The Bills currently have not good, but GREAT season ticket sales. From a business model perspective the Bills FO are doing a great job.

As for the playoffs, I don't follow any particular team. I just watch to see some good football.

My FF players and against my opponents players. It's football it's all good.

That's why the Bills will not be moved.

This year I drafted Tom Brady in both my FF Leagues, so I'll root for the Patriots offense. Hopefully they lose everygame 55-52. :pirate:

Funny thing is, I had the chance this year to draft tom brady, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Something in me just won't allow me to have any Patriots on my ff roster. It's probably dumb, but I just can't do it.

Now with that said, Brady will probably break the yardage AND touchdown records this year, just to spite me.

Funny thing is, I had the chance this year to draft tom brady, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Something in me just won't allow me to have any Patriots on my ff roster. It's probably dumb, but I just can't do it.

Now with that said, Brady will probably break the yardage AND touchdown records this year, just to spite me.

It's all good, ... I took Brady in the 2nd round (18 team league) with the statement that I was hoping that I was cursing my own team and I would need a backup.

That's why the Bills will not be moved.

Ticket sales is only 1 component of that decision. Yes they sell a lot of tickets (more than makes sense in my opinion), but at a very low price compared to the majority of the NFL. Same is true of parking (lowest allowable by the NFL at $25), concessions etc. You think those Dallas $90 pizzas would fly at the Ralph? Of course not. With revenue sharing the other owners have a say and a stake in what city the Bills play in. Because of revenue sharing and out of control player salaries I believe the day of the small market team in the NFL may very well be coming to an end.

I love misery so I drafted Edwards, Lynch, Jackson, TO, Evans, and the Bills D in my fantasy league. My team name is 0-16

right, I picked up Jackson because of the number of touches he will get, but I also took the NE DST because they should score big with sacks on the Bill's OL.

If I had to pick, the AFC has always been the preferred conference, but the Jets and Giants are from NY - so they are usually on TV, especially if you travel east in the state.

i am from erie pa, so i kinda pull for pitt and phila, but by far bills are my #1 team and that will never change. as far as fantasy goes, i have w welker this year. this is the first time i have ever has a patriot on my team. of course i will start him every week, but i will always root for him to get me ZERO points.

As much as I hate the tool, I think he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder this year to "prove" everybody wrong. It also gives me something else to do while banging my head against the wall during a Bills - Patriots beat down.

At one time, in the 70's and 80's, few people in Buffalo had any second team, unless they had grown up in another city or something like that. One reason Buffalo might lose their team is because the NFL could easily calculate that most people in Buffalo would still watch the NFL and the posters on this thread bear that out.

Me, I might hate some teams more than others but I could never rejoice in another teams's success, and if the Bills leave the NFL leaves with them.