The cold water of reality.

ICE

I have been here through thick and thin since 86'.

Come on now, Ice... Al Gore had not yet invented TBD in 86 (SDS actually got the idea from him, though).

Anyway... I know you bleed R,W, & B. But, this team seems to be getting on track, despite Bledsoe... the emergence of McGahee has changed the whole complexion of this team... If this offense can now control the clock and put points on the board without Bledsoe having to "make plays" and instead just not "hurt" the team, this puts a whole different spin on things... because, now you've got a special teams unit that can back up what happens on either side of the football in addition to having a defense that can suffocate teams if the offense continues to play ball control and low risk, high effeiciency. So, the team I'm describing is a playoff team. They have won 3 of the last 4 and if they win Sun. night... I guarantee that you're going to look at this thing totally different on Mon. Morning.

Now as far as for playing for the future... the future is now. However, that doesn't mean that when JP is physically ready that they continue to sit him if the bills make a run and continue to win. I definitely would encourage the Bills coaching staff to find a way to get him 6-10 snaps per game. Also, if the Bills are fortunate enough to get in a situation where they are blowing a team out in the late 3rd, early 4th Q, it would make a lot of sense to get JP some extendo time in the offense.

Come on now, Ice... Al Gore had not yet invented TBD in 86 (SDS actually got the idea from him, though).

Anyway...  I know you bleed R,W, & B.   But, this team seems to be getting on track, despite Bledsoe... the emergence of McGahee has changed the whole complexion of this team...  If this offense can now control the clock and put points on the board without Bledsoe having to "make plays" and instead just not "hurt" the team, this puts a whole different spin on things... because, now you've got a special teams unit that can back up what happens on either side of the football in addition to having a defense that can suffocate teams if the offense continues to play ball control and low risk, high effeiciency.  So, the team I'm describing is a playoff team.  They have won 3 of the last 4 and if they win Sun. night...  I guarantee that you're going to look at this thing totally different on Mon. Morning.

Now as far as for playing for the future...  the future is now.  However, that doesn't mean that when JP is physically ready that they continue to sit him if the bills make a run and continue to win.  I definitely would encourage the Bills coaching staff to find a way to get him 6-10 snaps per game.  Also, if the Bills are fortunate enough to get in a situation where they are blowing a team out in the late 3rd, early 4th Q, it would make a lot of sense to get JP some extendo time in the offense.

114234[/snapback]

Damn it Dee LOL! you knew what I meant!

On JP, Again there is no reason he can't be ready by the cleveland game. I sure as hell want his first start at home.

Damn it Dee LOL!  you knew what I meant!

On JP, Again there is no reason he can't  be ready by the cleveland game. I sure as hell want his first start at home.

114308[/snapback]

Ice, I agree totally with you that this game is a big "if" game.

IF the Bills win, they will be in the thick of things. IF the Bills lose, they cannot possibly make the playoffs (6 AFC losses pretty much nix out any chances of breaking a tie for a wildcard). So this is the essential swing game for the 2004 season. Do the Bills have a shot to beat NE? Sure. If the game were to be played in Buffalo I would say absolutely. I think the Bills will indeed win Sunday but that is more the "fan" in me than the realist.

But let me put this question to you. Your biggest issue, right or wrong, seems to be that Drew is the root of all the team's troubles and JP should be starting ASAP. But, will you change your mind if the Bills somehow manage to beat the Pats Sunday?

Put another way, if the Bills do indeed beat the Pats, they are legitimately in the thick of the wildcard hunt. They would need to win out against the remaining AFC opponents to get there, but it would be within reach. So, if that happens, would you still be calling for JP to come in? Why risk upsetting the momentum at that point?

I'm with you though as soon as the Bills are out of it. As soon as they are, and as soon as JP is healthy he should play. But don't you think you should wait till we reach that point first?

I have been here through thick and thin since 86'.  Funny how people like me that see the REALITY of the Bills are called 'fairweather'  or 'Bandwagoners'.  Only people on this board can warp the true meanings of those words. 

At no time have I NOT supported the Bills. There are players here I don't support. Some in front office too. Just because you are ON a team, it doesn't make you PART of the team. I am sure those words of wisdom will be wasted here but they had to be said anyway.

Reality says, No playoffs for the Bills. That said, it is time to start playing our future the minute he can hit the field (Cleveland) and don't look back. Our IMMEDIATE Future is here NOW.  Let Losman, Evans and McGahee get STARTS (plural) together THIS year.

114181[/snapback]

THis is football....anything can happen....

But we MUST take care of things on our end

Making the playoffs would be great. Its a very outside shot though. I just want to see the team progress and try to keep winning. Building charachter and a indentity along the way. If we make the post season fine. If not Im not going to get too busted up about it. It's not like they are a Super Bowl caliber team anyway.At least this season anyway.

I'm down with that. At least we can f' it up for another team.

Playoffs aren't completely out of the question is you look at the remaining schedule.

Pats - If the Bills can't beat them with the injuries they have now.......

Rams - At the Ralph. D is average. Martz refuses to run the ball....so c'mon wind.

Seahawks - Their O is clicking, but D is giving it up like Madonna on a tour bus.

Dolphins - No comment necessary.

Browns - Should be beatable at home.

Bengals - Half the team is on IR. Worst run D in league. Palmer still working out kinks.

49ers - Secondary left and went home. Best D player on IR. Rattay will be out for the season by this point. Barlow can't get it done with 8 in the box.

Steelers - Hopefully will have sewn up home field by this time and will play scrubs.

Rest of the season hinges on Sunday night. Bills squeak out a win in Foxboro, our remaining schedule looks promising.

114211[/snapback]

I agree with this. New England is the big hurdle. The rest of the games are winnable. Except Pittsburgh at the end and hopefully they are resting their starters at that point.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday

I say we wait to see what happens on Sunday. If this team can't win in NE, then they shouldn't be in the playoffs, anyway - after all, they'd have to win in NE in January regardless. If this squad finishes 9-7 and misses the playoffs, I think we'll all realize that they were 1 Nate Clements knock-down away from a playoff birth, and we'll have a lot of positive momentum going into next season.

Incidentally, I'd like this team to show me it can win on the ROAD before I even start thinking about *start Jim Mora Sr. voice* playoffs *end Jim Mora Sr. voice*.

THis is football....anything can happen....

But we MUST take care of things on our end

114473[/snapback]

THAT is the only thing the Bills can control. The toughest games left are Sunday night and January 2nd. Everything in between should be a win (not will be, should be).

FYI: Only three home games left

Rams - single seat only

Browns and Steelers - about 8000 unsold seats each.

Good thread, ICE! :)

Even if we don't make the playoffs, I'm happy, cause we finally look like a real NFL team again.

Let's take it one week at a time & see what happens.

One thing, though...

NO MERCY FOR THE FELONS IN MIAMI!!!

KILL' EM, MM!!! :)

It is not as far fetched as some make it out to be. Didn't the Packers start 1-6 last year, they went to the playoffs. Stick to the formula, run the g-darn ball, play great defense, no turnovers.

We have the elements in place that are necessary, run the ball (two good backs) and stop the run. If we hold onto the ball we will win a lot more games this year.