Tell us something we don't already know...

Beerball

Its funny how people are making a huge deal out of this. The Bills starting offence didn't score a TD all preseason, and the offence has looked horrible all preseason, coming off a season where the offence was just as bad.

Its not like this move was made because of one bad game. Cutting him now might give them a better chance then cutting him later in the season, atleast now they have 17 weeks to improve, instead of however many games after he is canned in the season

Well - let me tell you... if its a bad season... Buffalo will need another big name to improve ticket sales...

no person better than BILL COWHER OR MIKE SHANAHAN.

It's not going to happen. RW is just not going to bring in a ego like either of these two guys after the problems he had with Donahoe.

Well - let me tell you... if its a bad season... Buffalo will need another big name to improve ticket sales...

My thoughts exactly. If we are going to be doomed to another crappy season, I hope it's so bad that heads role. I think then Ralph would finally hire a decent HC-- or else face an angry mob weilding torches and pitchforks. The Bills need a tough, bluecollar coach. My order of preference would be:

1. Gruden- Like his attitude and his offensive prowess. He's a tough coach who gets the most out of his players

2. Marty- Proven winner who just happens to have no luck in the post season. He would acually be my number 1 pick, but he's getting up there in years.

3. Shanny- Would be a great pick, I just think a Jon Gruden team would be mentally tougher.

4. Cowher- Probably the most blue collar of the 4 mentioned here. Would build a team that is tough in the trenches and one that can win when the weather goes bad. Suffered through some below average seasons in P-burg.

Note: I'm not a big Holmgren fan. Never liked him very much. I think if he were to come to Buffalo he might net us a few more wins/year (he wouldnt lose us games like Jauron)- but I don't think he's nearly as capable as any of the 4 I liste above.

I will cautiously say that I "like" Fewell. Statistically, our D is middle of the road. I think with a good pass rush, our D scheme could be sucessfull.

Thoughts, criticisms.... Fire away

"The signing of Terrell Owens after his release from Dallas was a desperation move -- one that Wilson himself has acknowledged was made in an effort to improve ticket sales."

RW may be nearing 91, but he's still with it in terms of making a dollar. He knew keeping DJ would rankle the fan base, and I don't think many astute fans believed RB, DJ, or Trent was behind the move.

But, he's hitched his wagon to a coach that clearly will never figure it out. There should be no question now that Russ Brandon is a figurehead like his predecessor. No wonder people like Polian, Butler, and AJ Smith didn't want to work for this guy. He knows it all.

do you honestly think RW is going to bring in one of those guys and pay them what it would take on top of what he still will have to pay Jauron? that has absoltuely no shot at happening

It is a move of desperation. Jauron completely reversed himself and fired his OC. He fired him 10 days before opening day. He fired him with somewhere between scant and bad alternatives.

Who doesn't understand that Jauron is coaching for his job here? He's not going to get a third chance. Not with his record. He can't afford to wait for people to "come to the light" and do things the way he wants them done. He has to get it done right hot damn now. For the people that were saying maybe Jauron would change; well, there it is.

I am puzzled why all the shock over this too...I mean the offense was terrible last year and even worse this preseason, but more importantly, DJ and Turk were not even close to being on the same page apparently. Not a move of desperation in my eyes, but one of necessity. One of them had to go if they cant work together...

Who knows, maybe our O can finally start to find some life...

Its funny how people are making a huge deal out of this. The Bills starting offence didn't score a TD all preseason, and the offence has looked horrible all preseason, coming off a season where the offence was just as bad.

That is exactly why the team is desperate.

The aspect of the entire episode that strikes me as being the most "desperate" is the time constraint the team is now facing. I'm sure the folks in Kansas City and Tampa are feeling the same pressure - you're days away from the season opener in the biggest sports venue in the country and there's a firing of a major character. It's probably worse for the Bills, because it's Monday Night Football. What a great time to lay an egg. This is like one of those nightmares you have where you suddenly realize you're supposed to be taking an exam in physical oceanography in about 5 minutes and you have no idea where to even find a pen...

As far as whether the firing was a good move, a bad move, or a desperate move...does it matter? It was a necessary move. As someone pointed out, the offense hasn't shown much since the Denver game last season, and just kept stinking it up in the pre-season.