In the interest of making sure the horse is truly dead

transient

Thought this quote from Peters in this morning's Philadelphia Inquirer was somewhat telling:

"I was shocked," Peters said. "I had no clue. I had just told Buffalo I was going to play two more years there and I was done with them. And then my agent [Eugene Parker] called."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/57578607.html

Can't imagine why we got rid of him when he was so enthused to be here and would grace us with his presence for the life of his contract and no more. Between this and his comments about pondering his contract in the middle of games, I hope he blows out his knee on the Eagles first offensive play from scrimmage. Not that I hold a grudge, or anything.

Thought this quote from Peters in this morning's Philadelphia Inquirer was somewhat telling:

"I was shocked," Peters said. "I had no clue. I had just told Buffalo I was going to play two more years there and I was done with them. And then my agent [Eugene Parker] called."

Can't imagine why we got rid of him when he was so enthused to be here and would grace us with his presence for the life of his contract and no more. Between this and his comments about pondering his contract in the middle of games, I hope he blows out his knee on the Eagles first offensive play from scrimmage. Not that I hold a grudge, or anything.

I agree after reading that article . . . can you guys freaking believe what he said "Andy Reid didn't need to call me the best left tackle in the league because I've been proving that for the last 4-5 years." What an idiot of epic proportions! I hope this clown is in for a huge face-first fall. I will laugh my ass off.

Well, there ya go. He was just going to play-out his contract, likely poorly, like last year, and then be gone. And this moron was "shocked" that they traded him? LOL!

Oh and this part makes me LOL: "Reid said Peters also will get more help from a tight end or running back than he got in Buffalo." Wow, $10M/year and you're still going to give him help?

Well, there ya go. He was just going to play-out his contract, likely poorly, like last year, and then be gone. And this moron was "shocked" that they traded him? LOL!

Oh and this part makes me LOL: "Reid said Peters also will get more help from a tight end or running back than he got in Buffalo." Wow, $10M/year and you're still going to give him help?

I am now rooting against the Eagles . . . unless they're playing the Cowboys or Pats.

His comments don't bother me one bit. In fact I like his comments.More people should call out this mediocre franchise.

That being said.......-fatso didnt show up last year and when he did he was xtra fat and outta shape.Thats inexcusable.My guess is that he will be an average LT who is paid 10 mil. Once you get lazy in the NFL its hard to turn the tide.

His comments don't bother me one bit. In fact I like his comments.More people should call out this mediocre franchise.

That being said.......-fatso didnt show up last year and when he did he was xtra fat and outta shape.Thats inexcusable.My guess is that he will be an average LT who is paid 10 mil. Once you get lazy in the NFL its hard to turn the tide.

How'd he call out the franchise? For not giving into his salary demands the moment he made the Pro Bowl? :unsure:

"Andy Reid didn't need to call me the best left tackle in the league because I've been proving that for the last 4-5 years."

The best part of that is the genius ought to check his math, since he's only been a starting left tackle since 2006!

well Mike Williams is close to bucking the trend. Which oddly annoys me.

Guest dog14787
That is a really GREAT point!

How do you think Dockery will play this season? My guess is that he will totally suck and will soon be out of the NFL.

The Redskins took a slimmed down Mike Williams and Dockery and have a much better O-line than we do at this point from what I've seen in preseason. :unsure:

Dockery looked solid as a rock when I watched him.

When will people let this go? He's gone - who cares how he plays?

Happened to be posted on TwoBillsDrive this morning, so I read it. Thought it was an interesting insight into his line of thinking, and a reasonable explanation for why he was traded so I posted it.

The more Peter's talks the happier I am. Not because trading him was absolutely the right choice but because it get to watch him underperform this season and the Eagles fans will eat him alive.

OBTW, the Eagles open the season at Caroline. That means Mr. Peter's gets to play against Mr. Peppers. I'm guessing he gives up at least 2 sacks. His implosion will be fun to watch.

The Redskins took a slimmed down Mike Williams and Dockery and have a much better O-line than we do at this point from what I've seen in preseason. :unsure:

Dockery looked solid as a rock when I watched him.

the redskins are as poor of a franchise as the Bills.That being said I think the Bills had a brilliant offseason exc for the fact that jauron is still coaching them.

It's not beating a dead horse. Now we know definitively why the Bills traded him. Although Peters apparently doesn't.

True. It was meant as a heads up that I was well aware that the topic was discussed ad nauseum, and despite that I was willing to "poke a skunk" if you will.

Ah, Jason Peters. I really had thought you had run your sour grapes course on the guy, and lo and behold, another bashing post. Terrific. Please allow me to once again defend Peters, as I have from day one of his first holdout:

Here's another quote from your link:

Furthermore, Peters said he believes it's true that he's the best. "Of course," he said. "Everybody thinks they're the best when they step out on the field, whether it's left tackle, quarterback, whatever position. That's the mind-frame you have to take to be the best."

Please show me one Buffalo Bill (other then T.O. of course), that has come out and talked about striving to be the very best at his position. How ironic, that Peters happens to be the only Buffalo Bill to be named to the last two consecutive Pro Bowls, isn't it?

Stop writing these whiny "Peters sucks" posts on this board already. He will be named to a third straight Pro Bowl by seasons' end, and who the hell knows who will be playing LT for the Bills by then? Walker, Bell, Duke Preston off waivers? Of course, I'm sure whoever ends up starting most of the games at LT for the Bills this season will be nice and quiet and shy and respectful of the Bills organization....and will of course suck, too. :unsure:

Thank God the circle jerks brought in Wood and his bad-ass attitude, maybe he can become our next Pro Bowl caliber OL.

Ah, Jason Peters. I really had thought you had run your sour grapes course on the guy, and lo and behold, another bashing post. Terrific. Please allow me to once again defend Peters, as I have from day one of his first holdout:

Here's another quote from your link:

Furthermore, Peters said he believes it's true that he's the best. "Of course," he said. "Everybody thinks they're the best when they step out on the field, whether it's left tackle, quarterback, whatever position. That's the mind-frame you have to take to be the best."

Please show me one Buffalo Bill (other then T.O. of course), that has come out and talked about striving to be the very best at his position. How ironic, that Peters happens to be the only Buffalo Bill to be named to the last two consecutive Pro Bowls, isn't it?

Stop writing these whiny "Peters sucks" posts on this board already. He will be named to a third straight Pro Bowl by seasons' end, and who the hell knows who will be playing LT for the Bills by then? Walker, Bell, Duke Preston off waivers? Of course, I'm sure whoever ends up starting most of the games at LT for the Bills this season will be nice and quiet and shy and respectful of the Bills organization....and will of course suck, too. :thumbsup:

Thank God the circle jerks brought in Wood and his bad-ass attitude, maybe he can become our next Pro Bowl caliber OL.

Now that you have defended Peters, allow me to defend both myself and the organization.

I'll start with myself. Nowhere in my original post did I question his talent. Of course he was the best left tackle on this team, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been starting. As for the timing of the thread, the article I read on TwoBillsDrive was posted this morning. I read it and reacted to it. If it had been written a month ago, I would have posted it then. Maybe you should ask the folks at TBD not to post links to articles that you feel are outside of the acceptable timeframe for discussion of the topic. Barring that, if the topic of the thread does not interest you, you should refrain from reading it, let alone posting in its regard. It baffles me when people complain about the topic of one thread on a message board instead of ignoring it when it p!sses them off.

With regard to the organization, and more to the point of my original post, when an insolent, insubordinate prima donna who has already proven in actions AND words that he is willing to dog it on the field comes to you and says he is done at the end of his contract you are left with no choice. If he takes the field do you think he would have given a sh-- if Edwards had gotten smeared. Talented, yes. A good teammate, hardly. A pouting liability, definitely. I give them credit for having the guts to make the move.

The more Peter's talks the happier I am. Not because trading him was absolutely the right choice but because it get to watch him underperform this season and the Eagles fans will eat him alive.

OBTW, the Eagles open the season at Caroline. That means Mr. Peter's gets to play against Mr. Peppers. I'm guessing he gives up at least 2 sacks. His implosion will be fun to watch.

And how many do you think Walker will give up in the first half against NE? I say first half as I predict we will be losing 28-0 and Bell starts the second half at LT.

:cry: Shouldn't he be able to handle guys one on one as a pro bowl LT?

I think this part of the article proves your point;

Peters' missed some time in his first Eagles training camp. He was sidelined by a thigh injury during the conditioning test on day one... :thumbsup:

"Andy Reid didn't need to call me the best left tackle in the league because I've been proving that for the last 4-5 years."

The best part of that is the genius ought to check his math, since he's only been a starting left tackle since 2006!

He was an UFA in 2004 that the Bills picked up and put on the PS before pulling him up to the active roster in Nov. of that year. It was after week 7 in 2007 that he became the starting LT for Buffalo. So his math is waaaaaaayyyyyy off. Of course it was obvious his math way off when he was in contract negotiations. JMO

When will people let this go? He's gone - who cares how he plays?

I do. I wanna see him fail. :ph34r:

Now that you have defended Peters, allow me to defend both myself and the organization.

I'll start with myself. Nowhere in my original post did I question his talent. Of course he was the best left tackle on this team, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been starting. As for the timing of the thread, the article I read on TwoBillsDrive was posted this morning. I read it and reacted to it. If it had been written a month ago, I would have posted it then. Maybe you should ask the folks at TBD not to post links to articles that you feel are outside of the acceptable timeframe for discussion of the topic. Barring that, if the topic of the thread does not interest you, you should refrain from reading it, let alone posting in its regard. It baffles me when people complain about the topic of one thread on a message board instead of ignoring it when it p!sses them off.

With regard to the organization, and more to the point of my original post, when an insolent, insubordinate prima donna who has already proven in actions AND words that he is willing to dog it on the field comes to you and says he is done at the end of his contract you are left with no choice. If he takes the field do you think he would have given a sh-- if Edwards had gotten smeared. Talented, yes. A good teammate, hardly. A pouting liability, definitely. I give them credit for having the guts to make the move.

I have no problem with more Jason Peters threads, and seeing them certainly doesn't piss me off. I always get in on the thread and defend Peters and state my reasons why the Bills should have just paid the guy his money.

And I think the Bills screwed around with Peters just as much as he screwed around with them. After his holdout last year, Russ and the circle jerks promised him they would seriously work with his agent on the new contract. Obviously they never did, because he was never re-signed was he? And I don't care how much Brandon says he offered Peters, and I don't care if it would have been the biggest contract in Bills history and blah blah blah, the Eagles paid him more after they traded a first round draft pick for him. The Bills only had to pay Peters his money, and not trade any picks for him. You think the Eagles are a stupid organization? Obviously you must, to trade a first round pick and pay all that money for Peters, who is this lazy malcontent greedy selfish bad teammate, right?

Here is my point I've always made about Jason. He comes in as a free agent rookie tight end. He works his way all the way to starting left tackle and then gets picked as a Pro Bowl left tackle. While all this is going on, Marv Levy and Russ and Ralph and the jerks decide to pay out 7 Million dollars a year to Derick Dockery, and 5 Million dollars a year on Langston Walker, neither of which had ever been voted to a Pro Bowl between them. That's what started Peters feeling as though he was screwed, despite his nice renegotiated contract he had recently signed paying him up to around 3 Million a season, from his rookie minimum he signed for. And Peters knew that Dockery sucked, because he played right next to the slug. And he knew that Walker was not as good as he was, since Walker came in and took over at right tackle from Mike Gandy, instead of competing for Peters' left tackle position.

You know what, I would be pissed too, if I was Jason Peters, and watched my team spending all this money on the line around me, while I was obviously the best player on the line.

Anyway, bringing Dockery and Walker in for more money then Peters was getting paid is why all of this crap started in the first place. And this won't be the last time we will see this either. We all want Edwards to have a break out season right? If he does, and gets the Bills into the playoffs while throwing over 25 TD's and less then 15 Ints., compiling over 3,000 yards while tossing 12 TD's to T.O. and at least 8 more to Evans, if all of that happens and we are all thrilled......do you really think Edwards is going to come in next season under the same contract terms? You think quiet, smart respectful Trent Edwards won't be holding out for more money??

Oh well, who cares right? Jason Peters will be voted to his third consecutive Pro Bowl this season, barring serious injury, and as I said before, I only hope whoever plays LT for the Bills this season, doesn't suck too badly.

I have no problem with more Jason Peters threads, and seeing them certainly doesn't piss me off. I always get in on the thread and defend Peters and state my reasons why the Bills should have just paid the guy his money.

And I think the Bills screwed around with Peters just as much as he screwed around with them. After his holdout last year, Russ and the circle jerks promised him they would seriously work with his agent on the new contract. Obviously they never did, because he was never re-signed was he? And I don't care how much Brandon says he offered Peters, and I don't care if it would have been the biggest contract in Bills history and blah blah blah, the Eagles paid him more after they traded a first round draft pick for him. The Bills only had to pay Peters his money, and not trade any picks for him. You think the Eagles are a stupid organization? Obviously you must, to trade a first round pick and pay all that money for Peters, who is this lazy malcontent greedy selfish bad teammate, right?

Here is my point I've always made about Jason. He comes in as a free agent rookie tight end. He works his way all the way to starting left tackle and then gets picked as a Pro Bowl left tackle. While all this is going on, Marv Levy and Russ and Ralph and the jerks decide to pay out 7 Million dollars a year to Derick Dockery, and 5 Million dollars a year on Langston Walker, neither of which had ever been voted to a Pro Bowl between them. That's what started Peters feeling as though he was screwed, despite his nice renegotiated contract he had recently signed paying him up to around 3 Million a season, from his rookie minimum he signed for. And Peters knew that Dockery sucked, because he played right next to the slug. And he knew that Walker was not as good as he was, since Walker came in and took over at right tackle from Mike Gandy, instead of competing for Peters' left tackle position.

You know what, I would be pissed too, if I was Jason Peters, and watched my team spending all this money on the line around me, while I was obviously the best player on the line.

Anyway, bringing Dockery and Walker in for more money then Peters was getting paid is why all of this crap started in the first place. And this won't be the last time we will see this either. We all want Edwards to have a break out season right? If he does, and gets the Bills into the playoffs while throwing over 25 TD's and less then 15 Ints., compiling over 3,000 yards while tossing 12 TD's to T.O. and at least 8 more to Evans, if all of that happens and we are all thrilled......do you really think Edwards is going to come in next season under the same contract terms? You think quiet, smart respectful Trent Edwards won't be holding out for more money??

Oh well, who cares right? Jason Peters will be voted to his third consecutive Pro Bowl this season, barring serious injury, and as I said before, I only hope whoever plays LT for the Bills this season, doesn't suck too badly.

Thank you for an absolutely great post.

Yes, but the guy has the gall to want to be the best LT in the game and one of the best of all-time. We don't need that sort of nonsense here in Buffalo! :thumbsup:

And how many do you think Walker will give up in the first half against NE? I say first half as I predict we will be losing 28-0 and Bell starts the second half at LT.

Naw, the Bills will just give Walker help, like the Eagles are planning on doing with the $10M/year "best LT in football."

nice post--but i wonder who you are arguing against.OF COURSE we overpaid Walker and Dockery.Thats what a mediocre organization does. And whats the Trent thing?? Is that some great revelation that if he has a good season hes gonna want a raise?

The fact that JP was pissed doesnt excuse him for the hold out-esp while he was cleaning out the dorito displays at all seven -elevens within a 10 mile radius of his home.

Gotta give him credit though.It worked.For him.Not the eagles.They overpaid him.

Did the Bills make a mistake in shelling out the money they did for Dockery? Obviously, 'cause he's not on the team anymore. As far as bringing in Walker, he was a right tackle in Oakland in '06 as I recall, and I assume we were bringing him in to fill a hole at right tackle, not compete at left tackle. Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, they were free agents at the time, unlike Peters, and that was the money it took to get them here. It has no bearing on Peters contract IMO, as he had three years left on it. Regardless, you're right, he deserved to have it renegotiated after his pro bowl season. For that to happen, you have to engage in negotiations. Peters never showed up for OTAs or minicamp and as it was reported the Bills never heard a word from his agent. Pretty petulant negotiating technique. When he does report he's horribly out of shape and it takes half of the season for him to play his way into shape. On top of that he admits to letting his contract negotiations affect his game IN GAME. Sounds like something a professional who claims to be the best left tackle in the game would do, right? You can tout that pro bowl nod from last season all you want, but it was a joke. Finally, the whole thing starts anew this season, culminating with what essentially equates to the ultimatum trade me now or lose me in two years for nothing, which was the original point to my post. I have no problem with athletes getting their money, relatively speaking (I do feel it's a bit out of whack with their overall value to society, but hey, the game makes billions, so again, relatively speaking,) but the hostage tactics turned my stomach right from the start, and if Edwards is in the same position and handles it the same way I will feel exactly the same, and will probably wish him some horrible injury as well (not flattering, I know, but honest, and facetious.)

To your point regarding the Eagles, I don't recall at any point insinuating that the deal wouldn't work out for them. If they keep him happy, it has the potential to give them their franchise left tackle. More power to them. That looks like a big IF, though. Poor preseason notwithstanding, someone is always going to get a bigger contract. Its the nature of inflation. And every year that happens I expect he will be standing there with this hand out giving their front office a headache, that is if he chooses to show up at all. If not him, then Eugene Parker will be there to do it for him.

As a side note, I find it interesting that Jim McNally made it a point to stick around long enough to see him make it to the pro bowl and then retire, only to have Peters look nowhere near as good the next season (granted after missing all of camp.) I wonder how much of that first pro bowl season he owes to being McNally's last pet project.

Peppers plays LDE, not RDE. He won't line up against Peters.

I suspect that a lot of posters here who have too little respect for Banner/Reid will be disappointed when the Eagles' offense performs well this year. Which it will, I suspect ...

That depends on the health of Westbrook. Without him, they struggle on offense. And with the losses on the defensive side, the offense will have to carry more of the load.

That depends on the health of Westbrook. Without him, they struggle on offense. And with the losses on the defensive side, the offense will have to carry more of the load.

I think it depends on the health of the O-line. They have a number of injury prone players on that line including Peters.

Did the Bills make a mistake in shelling out the money they did for Dockery? Obviously, 'cause he's not on the team anymore. As far as bringing in Walker, he was a right tackle in Oakland in '06 as I recall, and I assume we were bringing him in to fill a hole at right tackle, not compete at left tackle. Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, they were free agents at the time, unlike Peters, and that was the money it took to get them here. It has no bearing on Peters contract IMO, as he had three years left on it. Regardless, you're right, he deserved to have it renegotiated after his pro bowl season. For that to happen, you have to engage in negotiations. Peters never showed up for OTAs or minicamp and as it was reported the Bills never heard a word from his agent. Pretty petulant negotiating technique. When he does report he's horribly out of shape and it takes half of the season for him to play his way into shape. On top of that he admits to letting his contract negotiations affect his game IN GAME. Sounds like something a professional who claims to be the best left tackle in the game would do, right? You can tout that pro bowl nod from last season all you want, but it was a joke. Finally, the whole thing starts anew this season, culminating with what essentially equates to the ultimatum trade me now or lose me in two years for nothing, which was the original point to my post. I have no problem with athletes getting their money, relatively speaking (I do feel it's a bit out of whack with their overall value to society, but hey, the game makes billions, so again, relatively speaking,) but the hostage tactics turned my stomach right from the start, and if Edwards is in the same position and handles it the same way I will feel exactly the same, and will probably wish him some horrible injury as well (not flattering, I know, but honest, and facetious.)

To your point regarding the Eagles, I don't recall at any point insinuating that the deal wouldn't work out for them. If they keep him happy, it has the potential to give them their franchise left tackle. More power to them. That looks like a big IF, though. Poor preseason notwithstanding, someone is always going to get a bigger contract. Its the nature of inflation. And every year that happens I expect he will be standing there with this hand out giving their front office a headache, that is if he chooses to show up at all. If not him, then Eugene Parker will be there to do it for him.

As a side note, I find it interesting that Jim McNally made it a point to stick around long enough to see him make it to the pro bowl and then retire, only to have Peters look nowhere near as good the next season (granted after missing all of camp.) I wonder how much of that first pro bowl season he owes to being McNally's last pet project.

:rolleyes: Good points all, and this is always a good lively debate.

You fail to mention one small fact however. Jason Peters came out of his selfish holdout in time to play 15 of the 16 games, and despite his "11.5 sacks he allowed" (and that to me is a stupid stat anyway), he was named to his second consecutive Pro Bowl. Everyone in Buffalo that hates Peters for his selfish behavior seems to blow off that second one as some kind of B.S. conspiracy run by the other NFL players in the league that voted for him, soley for him to be able to have more leverage in his fight with the Bills, or something. How else can you Peters haters be looking at that second nomination?? All the players that voted for Peters were either stupid, or wanted to help him get a bigger contract, right? Because we fans know better, and we all thought that Peters sucked royally that season, right?

Well it just doesn't work that way. Reality is sometimes hard to swallow, and the reality of the situation was that the players that voted for Peters thought he deserved it, plain and simple.

So we all have good points for and against Peters, and the Bills keeping him, or him just plain not wanting to continue playing for Buffalo. Personally, I really wish Bell's back would heal, because he could be our next Jason Peters in waiting. And I just hope he has as much talent as Peters had, and he takes over from Walker at LT sometime this season. Wouldn't it be fun to watch this whole situation rise up again, and see what the circle jerks do with their 7th round project coming from nowhere to take over LT, maybe even get voted into a Pro Bowl, and then start asking form more money?? Now that would be hilarious. :unsure::thumbsup:

:rolleyes: Good points all, and this is always a good lively debate.

You fail to mention one small fact however. Jason Peters came out of his selfish holdout in time to play 15 of the 16 games, and despite his "11.5 sacks he allowed" (and that to me is a stupid stat anyway), he was named to his second consecutive Pro Bowl. Everyone in Buffalo that hates Peters for his selfish behavior seems to blow off that second one as some kind of B.S. conspiracy run by the other NFL players in the league that voted for him, soley for him to be able to have more leverage in his fight with the Bills, or something. How else can you Peters haters be looking at that second nomination?? All the players that voted for Peters were either stupid, or wanted to help him get a bigger contract, right? Because we fans know better, and we all thought that Peters sucked royally that season, right?

Well it just doesn't work that way. Reality is sometimes hard to swallow, and the reality of the situation was that the players that voted for Peters thought he deserved it, plain and simple.

So we all have good points for and against Peters, and the Bills keeping him, or him just plain not wanting to continue playing for Buffalo. Personally, I really wish Bell's back would heal, because he could be our next Jason Peters in waiting. And I just hope he has as much talent as Peters had, and he takes over from Walker at LT sometime this season. Wouldn't it be fun to watch this whole situation rise up again, and see what the circle jerks do with their 7th round project coming from nowhere to take over LT, maybe even get voted into a Pro Bowl, and then start asking form more money?? Now that would be hilarious. :unsure::thumbsup:

I didn't actually forget to mention that. I glossed over it, and referred to it as a joke. I don't personally feel there was a conspiracy theory or any such nonsense. I do feel that it was an anomaly. Every year there are players in the pro bowl who don't seem to merit it based on the season they just had, but instead are included based on past achievements or name recognition. I would include last year's pro bowl nod to Peters in that category. Hard to justify including the left tackle from one of the worst offenses in the game when he had a subpar year, in my opinion. Also, you can't seriously believe that he played as well as he did the year before. As far as ending his holdout in time to play in 15 of 16 games, great... he was under contract for all 16, and just because he was present doesn't mean he played well. If he intended to play football that season, he could have at least kept himself in shape. We've all seen elite professionals hold out, sometimes skipping an entire camp, and not have it affect their game in the least. Bruce used to do it annually.

I personally feel that the truth of the situation lies in your post, and that is Peters "plain not wanting to continue playing for Buffalo" even at the start of the contract "non"negotiation. It just has that feel to me, and maybe that is why I harbor the ill will. I've seen free agents leave for more money and I don't typically despise them for it, I chalk it up to free agency. As I said in my last post, the hostage tactics really put me off.

As far as the future of the line, my biggest annoyance is that after asking McNally to make chicken soup out of chickens#@t for years, they finally invest some high draft picks in it after he's gone. Nothing like bringing in the students once the teacher has retired. If Bell does turn out to be a pro bowl left tackle, I hope he wants to stay, pray that he doesn't hire Eugene Parker, and would like to think that the FO will lock him up early before the bulls#$t starts.

I don't know about you, but my arm is tired and this horse looks like glue.

I will continue to be interested in the Peters stories because I want to know if a good or bad decision was made. Time will tell. I can't just complain about decisions and ignore further info which may validate or negate my opinion.

My knee jerk is to root against anyone who demonstrates the attitude of holding when they are under contract. I believe this hurts the team, and specifically directly limits the holdout's ability to immediately contribute. The very concept that I should pay more for less pisses me off. I'm a Bills fan I root for the Bills. I root against anyone who hurts the team.

I kinda think of this as I would if I were hiring a bodyguard. If under contract I expect them to show up ready to go, not show up late and out of shape; let me get my ass kicked for a few weeks because in a month or so they are going to be ready to perform their job as good as anyone around......

Above all, honor your contracts. You have the right to leave when it expires if you are unhappy with how you were treated or how your success was acknowledged

As for the pro bowl, how many pro bowlers have been voted in based on reputation, past performance etc. How many excellent young players have been passed over because their name isn't well known. I'd also consider who plays left tackle in the NFC before I announce Peters' selection prior to the start of the season. Will he demonstrate that he is better than Flozell Adams (Dal), Chris Samuels (Was), Jordan Gross (Car), or Jammal Brown (NO)?

I will continue to be interested in the Peters stories because I want to know if a good or bad decision was made. Time will tell. I can't just complain about decisions and ignore further info which may validate or negate my opinion.

My knee jerk is to root against anyone who demonstrates the attitude of holding when they are under contract. I believe this hurts the team, and specifically directly limits the holdout's ability to immediately contribute. The very concept that I should pay more for less pisses me off. I'm a Bills fan I root for the Bills. I root against anyone who hurts the team.

I kinda think of this as I would if I were hiring a bodyguard. If under contract I expect them to show up ready to go, not show up late and out of shape; let me get my ass kicked for a few weeks because in a month or so they are going to be ready to perform their job as good as anyone around......

Above all, honor your contracts. You have the right to leave when it expires if you are unhappy with how you were treated or how your success was acknowledged

As for the pro bowl, how many pro bowlers have been voted in based on reputation, past performance etc. How many excellent young players have been passed over because their name isn't well known. I'd also consider who plays left tackle in the NFC before I announce Peters' selection prior to the start of the season. Will he demonstrate that he is better than Flozell Adams (Dal), Chris Samuels (Was), Jordan Gross (Car), or Jammal Brown (NO)?

Good post. From what Peters has said it looks like he was planning on giving minimal effort for the next 2 years then move on. I for one am HAPPY to have Wood on this team instead of Peters.