In the interest of making sure the horse is truly dead

transient

I have no problem with more Jason Peters threads, and seeing them certainly doesn't piss me off. I always get in on the thread and defend Peters and state my reasons why the Bills should have just paid the guy his money.

And I think the Bills screwed around with Peters just as much as he screwed around with them. After his holdout last year, Russ and the circle jerks promised him they would seriously work with his agent on the new contract. Obviously they never did, because he was never re-signed was he? And I don't care how much Brandon says he offered Peters, and I don't care if it would have been the biggest contract in Bills history and blah blah blah, the Eagles paid him more after they traded a first round draft pick for him. The Bills only had to pay Peters his money, and not trade any picks for him. You think the Eagles are a stupid organization? Obviously you must, to trade a first round pick and pay all that money for Peters, who is this lazy malcontent greedy selfish bad teammate, right?

Here is my point I've always made about Jason. He comes in as a free agent rookie tight end. He works his way all the way to starting left tackle and then gets picked as a Pro Bowl left tackle. While all this is going on, Marv Levy and Russ and Ralph and the jerks decide to pay out 7 Million dollars a year to Derick Dockery, and 5 Million dollars a year on Langston Walker, neither of which had ever been voted to a Pro Bowl between them. That's what started Peters feeling as though he was screwed, despite his nice renegotiated contract he had recently signed paying him up to around 3 Million a season, from his rookie minimum he signed for. And Peters knew that Dockery sucked, because he played right next to the slug. And he knew that Walker was not as good as he was, since Walker came in and took over at right tackle from Mike Gandy, instead of competing for Peters' left tackle position.

You know what, I would be pissed too, if I was Jason Peters, and watched my team spending all this money on the line around me, while I was obviously the best player on the line.

Anyway, bringing Dockery and Walker in for more money then Peters was getting paid is why all of this crap started in the first place. And this won't be the last time we will see this either. We all want Edwards to have a break out season right? If he does, and gets the Bills into the playoffs while throwing over 25 TD's and less then 15 Ints., compiling over 3,000 yards while tossing 12 TD's to T.O. and at least 8 more to Evans, if all of that happens and we are all thrilled......do you really think Edwards is going to come in next season under the same contract terms? You think quiet, smart respectful Trent Edwards won't be holding out for more money??

Oh well, who cares right? Jason Peters will be voted to his third consecutive Pro Bowl this season, barring serious injury, and as I said before, I only hope whoever plays LT for the Bills this season, doesn't suck too badly.

I remember writing a post the day they signed Langston Walker saying something like, this is totally gonna screw up the Jason Peters deal. He'll want to renegotiate today, and he deserves a new deal immediately.