Brian Brohm

Alphadawg7

I am shocked the Packers cut him after only 2 seasons, but he was cut. I know his preseason was poor, but this kid was going to be a top 5 pick his Jr. year and fell to a second rounder his senior season. He was considered to be a really good NFL prospect and just hasnt been able to find his game in GB and has battled injuries. But, he has only been in the league 2 years, given the risk to reward potential, I think it would be intriguing to sign and see if he can unseat hamdan and maybe be a guy we can develop into a good #2 or possible starting QB down the road...

At least see if we can get the kid on our practice squad...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I am shocked the Packers cut him after only 2 seasons, but he was cut. I know his preseason was poor, but this kid was going to be a top 5 pick his Jr. year and fell to a second rounder his senior season. He was considered to be a really good NFL prospect and just hasnt been able to find his game in GB and has battled injuries. But, he has only been in the league 2 years, given the risk to reward potential, I think it would be intriguing to sign and see if he can unseat hamdan and maybe be a guy we can develop into a good #2 or possible starting QB down the road...

At least see if we can get the kid on our practice squad...

I agree on the idea of starting to look at some available young QBs. If Trent continues to decline, we are going to be looking to draft one next year. Why not look at a few now? Chase Daniels supposedly looked good in spots during training camp. I wouldn't mind a look at him either.

I agree on the idea of starting to look at some available young QBs. If Trent continues to decline, we are going to be looking to draft one next year. Why not look at a few now? Chase Daniels supposedly looked good in spots during training camp. I wouldn't mind a look at him either.

Yeah, and Brohm was supposedly looking great in the OTA's too...seems he has too much potential to not take a look, I mean its not like Hamdan really is getting any closer to moving up the depth chart and probably never will. Lets grab a young developmental kid with some real upside...I think Brohm or Daniels could be intriguing...

Guest dog14787

No way TE's QB problems had anything to do with the OC we just fired right Push. :worthy:

I'd take a shot on Brohm. He ran a pro-style offense under Petrino at Louisville and ran it well. I think he could excell in a spread/no huddle type of system. He has good arm strength and was accurate from what I saw at Louisville. Atleast scoop him up for the PS so we can get a good look at him next offseason.

Last year's draft reaffirms my long standing philosophy that you can tell in year 2 whether a QB is a bust. The Packers are not afraid to put the bust label on 2nd round pick Brohm after 2 camps and a season. The Patriots felt the same way about the weatherman O'Connell. A guy certainly can improve beyond his 2nd year, but you can tell the busts quickly enough. The excuses we've seen that Johnson & Losman just needed more time were proven wrong-the more time just meant a longer than necessary ticket out of the NFL.

Guest dog14787
No way TE's QB problems have anything to do with the offense's complete ineptitude right Dog. :worthy:

Now that Turk is gone, Trent should tear it up right?

As Alphadawg pointed out( he's is own worse enemy) we still run the same offense so I'm not expecting miracles.

What I do expect is for Trent Edwards to be the Buffalo Bills starting QB for years to come, he just may have another HC and OC next year, but we will see a year from now who is right and who is wrong. :lol:

Last year's draft reaffirms my long standing philosophy that you can tell in year 2 whether a QB is a bust. The Packers are not afraid to put the bust label on 2nd round pick Brohm after 2 camps and a season. The Patriots felt the same way about the weatherman O'Connell. A guy certainly can improve beyond his 2nd year, but you can tell the busts quickly enough. The excuses we've seen that Johnson & Losman just needed more time were proven wrong-the more time just meant a longer than necessary ticket out of the NFL.

Those other QB's never had the potential Brohm had...he was a top 5 pick if he comes out the year before and likely #1 overall...

Again, its not like Hamdan is moving up the depth chart nor likely ever will...at least he has some upside...

As Alphadawg pointed out( he's is his own worse enemy) we still run the same offense so I'm not expecting miracles.

What I do expect is for Trent Edwards to be the Buffalo Bills starting QB for years to come, he just may have another HC and OC next year, but we will see a year from now who is right and who is wrong. :worthy:

You can bet the farm, if Dick goes next year, Trent will be gone SOON after. The Bills do not have a lot of money tied up in him & a new HC will want to put his own stamp on the team with a new QB. We will see a year from now who is right.

Guest dog14787
You can bet the farm, if Dick goes next year, Trent will be gone SOON after. The Bills do not have a lot of money tied up in him & a new HC will want to put his own stamp on the team with a new QB. We will see a year from now who is right.

I'll put my faith in Football legends like Marv Levy and the late Bill Walsh if its all the same to you, but we will see what the future holds for Trent Edwards and the Buffalo Bills.

Yeah, and Brohm was supposedly looking great in the OTA's too...seems he has too much potential to not take a look, I mean its not like Hamdan really is getting any closer to moving up the depth chart and probably never will. Lets grab a young developmental kid with some real upside...I think Brohm or Daniels could be intriguing...

he did nothing for 2 years and was outplayed by the 7th rounder- i'd pass on him

I'll put my faith in Football legends like Marv Levy and the late Bill Walsh if its all the same to you, but we will see what the future holds for Trent Edwards and the Buffalo Bills.

I will put my faith in my own two eyes. If I don't see some points ( 7 at a time ) on the scoreboard, I would bet both Dick & Trent are history.

Ever heard of these players:

Jim Drunkemillier

JJ Stokes

Rick Mirer

These were all players Walsh was really high on...he called JJ the next rice and traded up to get him...he was a career journeyman #4 WR...

I bet you never even heard of Drunkenmiller who was a career 3rd string QB...

Rick Mirer was one of the all time busts at QB...

There are many others that could be listed to that Walsh missed on, but its not that Walsh wasnt any good, its that even the best are not always right, in fact even the best often miss more than they hit...so the fact Walsh liked the kid doesnt mean a whole lot...and Levy chose doesnt exactly have a great track record as a GM...

Guest dog14787
I will put my faith in my own two eyes. If I don't see some points ( 7 at a time ) on the scoreboard, I would bet both Dick & Trent are history.

Some folks realize how important coaching, game planning and play calling is to a QB, others just seem to ignore the facts.

I watched a QB struggle through preseason because the whole offense was out of sync, the O-line played poorly, the RB's didn't pick up blitzes and the WR's didn't get open. When everything did go right, the QB didn't hit his mark.

You guys blame the QB, I blame the HC, the OC, the Oline, the RB's , WR's and the QB with an emphasis on the QB.

but the bad QB play in my opinion is also a direct result of everything else going wrong around the QB including the wrong play calling, some folks realize as much, others, I suppose simply do not.

Some folks realize how important coaching, game planning and play calling is to a QB, others just seem to ignore the facts.

I watched a QB struggle through preseason because the whole offense was out of sync, the O-line played poorly, the RB's didn't pick up blitzes and the WR's didn't get open. When everything did go right, the QB didn't hit his mark.

You guys blame the QB, I blame the HC, the OC, the Oline, the RB's and the WR's and the QB with an emphasis on the QB.

but the bad QB play in my opinion is also a direct result of everything else going wrong around the QB including the wrong play calling, some folks realize as much, others, I suppose simply do not.

Do have some kind of Cracker Jack Decoder ring to decipher this gibberish? In the same post you blame the QB, then contradict it and say its not the QB its literally every position on the offense and every coach on the team that resulted in Trents struggles...I mean you literally say completely different things in your post...

I put in Bold all your points saying its everyone to blame BUT Trent...then I underlined where you say it was Trent...

Your post are so entertaining, and not in a good way...

Jim Drunkemillier

JJ Stokes

Rick Mirer

These were all players Walsh was really high on...he called JJ the next rice and traded up to get him...he was a career journeyman #4 WR...

There are many others that could be listed to that Walsh missed on, but its not that Walsh wasnt any good, its that even the best are not always right, in fact even the best often miss more than they hit...so the fact Walsh liked the kid doesnt mean a whole lot...and Levy chose doesnt exactly have a great track record as a GM...

Drunkenmiller was dateing Julie lynn Cialini(sp), a playboy playmate from east rochester...I met her and sold her some insert football cards of Drunkenmiller...she was putting a collection together as a surprise to Jim...not sure if she still lives there tho...I'll have to ask my brother who lives in ER, his wife seems to know the whole damn town...lol

so to answer that statement, yes I've heard of him..he played for the san fran 49er's...he dissapeared from football.

Guest dog14787
Do have some kind of Cracker Jack Decoder ring to decipher this gibberish? In the same post you blame the QB, then contradict it and say its not the QB its literally every position on the offense and every coach on the team that resulted in Trents struggles...I mean you literally say completely different things in your post...

I put in Bold all your points saying its everyone to blame BUT Trent...then I underlined where you say it was Trent...

Your post are so entertaining, and not in a good way...

Thanks for the laughs. :worthy: (needed a good laugh)

If you can't comprehend how one thing can reflect on another its not worth my time trying to explain.

Umm, you mean Druckenmiller, right?

Jim Drunkemillier

JJ Stokes

Rick Mirer

You guys blame the QB, I blame the HC, the OC, the Oline, the RB's , WR's and the QB with an emphasis on the QB.

I agree with much of that. That is the reason I supported JP while he was a Bill. Every excuse you can make for Trent can also be made for JP. The difference is JP had the physical tools to be a great QB in the NFL if he was developed properly. Trent does not have those tools & is injury prone to boot. As I said before, Trent has the year to show us what he has, if he doesn't play well, put up points & win games the next HC will have no reason to risk his job on him.

I gave your post another chance and it gets sillier with each read...so lets go through each statement of contradiction...

So in the above quote, you say the QB struggled ONLY because the offense, the O Line, the RB's and the WR's. Then you go on to say that when all of the above did their job Trent STILL didnt get it done...so if its ALL their fault, how is it Trent still sucked when "everything" did go right...lmao, contradiction at its best...

This is my favorite above...you literally say that you fully blame the HC, OC, O Line, RB's, and WR's (basically the entire Bills team) for the offensive troubles instead of Trent...then, now wait for it and read carefully, you literally throw in Trent and say "emphasis" on him for our offensive suckness...hahahahahaha...you are rediculous

And just for some genius contradicting closing remark you once again blame everyone but Trent for his struggles, despite saying that even when everyone did their job Trent stunk (which he did) and putting EMPHASIS on Trent for the offense...

hahahahahaha...I mean dude seriously make up your mind...thanks for the enterainment though

Best thing for Trent would be to get out from under Jauron as soon s possible.

Just to show you how much I know....

I thought when Brian Brohm came out of college he was a franchise QB.......and couldn't beleive Green Bay got him in the 2nd round.....

That is why I really want a franchise QB but we have to make SURE we are getting one with what looks to be a high pick next year.......

The problem is the draft is still a crapshoot.