A quote that should live in

Right alongside Hank Bullough's yachting prowess of wind and sails...

..."I wasn't thinking about firing him three days ago. I wasn't thinking about it two weeks ago. But when you start thinking about it, I think you need to move on it and do something. When I started thinking about it I gave it a good deal of thought and did it." ~ Richard H. Alfred E. Neumann Jauron - Sept. 4th, 2009

..."I wasn't thinking about firing him three days ago. I wasn't thinking about it two weeks ago. But when you start thinking about it, I think you need to move on it and do something. When I started thinking about it I gave it a good deal of thought and did it." ~ Richard H. Alfred E. Neumann Jauron - Sept. 4th, 2009

Easy for him to say!

:thumbsup: Outstanding take! :)

That quote is right up there with this one..."I think we did Trent a disservice by not preparing for for the Packers and Steelers, so I didn't see the point in making Trent go out against a third straight team we had not prepared for." :lol:

I have never heard a head coach say anything like that before. Come on, the Packers and Steelers run a 3-4, just like the Pats do most of the time. DJ has over 70 players running around - many of whom rarely get any quality reps at their respective positions anyway. Would it have been that hard for him to spend time setting those backups up in 3-4 alignments, and had his starting offense practice against that scout team for a few damn hours the week leading up to the Packers and Steelers games? And wouldn't that also have been getting his starting offense quality reps against the Pats main defense, instead of having his starting offense practice against his starting defense, a defense that the Pats do not run at all??

No of couse not. How stupid of me. The defense has been practicing against a no huddle offense, that they will not play against at all this season. And the offense has been practicing against a 4-3 two-gap cover-2 defense that they will not play in 10 of their 16 games this season. Now that makes perfect sense. :worthy::worthy:

When I read that quote today at the Buffalo News, about the thinking...a little bit of blood came out of the inner corner of my eye, you know just to release the pressure a bit. :lol:

Man alive... :thumbsup:

That is worse than the Yogi Berra AFLAC commercials.

I was thinkin, not 3 days ago or even 2 weeks, but I got to thinkin to sellin my tix but I got to doin the sellin but it takes sum thinkin to sell em. When you get an urge to thinkin then that's when the doin arrives...for firings and what nots. cause you need the thinkin before the doin...except at the opposing 5-yard line, that's when the doin kicks in (pass pass pass) and the thinkin takes a hike...

Yale's entrance standards... :)

I wish I coulda seen my face after I watched him say that during the press conference. He is such a ridiculous person. It's absolutely incredible to watch and listen to this man. It's infuriating. I just wanna punch his face in. He should quit, he really should. He's a terrible coach and he's ruining my life!

The scarier part is that Dick went out of his way to keep these same complicated schemes at the end of 2008 when mgmt told him to fire Turk.

why on the eve of the season opener did Dick finally "start thinking" that the offense sucked?

This wasn't readily apparent after the 1st game at Akron?

or maybe Dick should have done some research on what kind of offense Turk wanted to run BEFORE he hired him!!!

for a Yale guy, Dick does not do much thinking

I wish I coulda seen my face after I watched him say that during the press conference. He is such a ridiculous person. It's absolutely incredible to watch and listen to this man. It's infuriating. I just wanna punch his face in. He should quit, he really should. He's a terrible coach and he's ruining my life!

You sound like a teenage girl.

Actually, you're letting him ruin your life. Once you come to terms with that fact, this annual jailhouse pounding becomes a whole lot easier to take.

Actually, you're letting him ruin your life. Once you come to terms with that fact, this annual jailhouse pounding becomes a whole lot easier to take.

Quite enjoyable actually. Every passing year makes 1990-1994 seem that much more amazing.....even a blind man finds nice tatas every once in while.

no doubt

..."I wasn't thinking about firing him three days ago. I wasn't thinking about it two weeks ago. But when you start thinking about it, I think you need to move on it and do something. When I started thinking about it I gave it a good deal of thought and did it." - Ralph Wilson heading into the bye week.

Easy for him to say!

Link

:thumbsup: Outstanding take! :)

That quote is right up there with this one..."I think we did Trent a disservice by not preparing for for the Packers and Steelers, so I didn't see the point in making Trent go out against a third straight team we had not prepared for." :lol:

I have never heard a head coach say anything like that before. Come on, the Packers and Steelers run a 3-4, just like the Pats do most of the time. DJ has over 70 players running around - many of whom rarely get any quality reps at their respective positions anyway. Would it have been that hard for him to spend time setting those backups up in 3-4 alignments, and had his starting offense practice against that scout team for a few damn hours the week leading up to the Packers and Steelers games? And wouldn't that also have been getting his starting offense quality reps against the Pats main defense, instead of having his starting offense practice against his starting defense, a defense that the Pats do not run at all??

No of couse not. How stupid of me. The defense has been practicing against a no huddle offense, that they will not play against at all this season. And the offense has been practicing against a 4-3 two-gap cover-2 defense that they will not play in 10 of their 16 games this season. Now that makes perfect sense. :worthy::worthy:

Linky

Link

Link

Ahhh the Ivy League--the backbone of america

What a dumb_ss ! He has no business being a head coach. Watch the menagerie of coordinators that will come and go...its the same thing that happened in Chicago. He dosen't have a clue on what to do. He's a buffoon. This is all Wilson's fault. For Wilson, in coaching, the cheaper the salary the better.

Why oh why didn't Jauron say THIS...

..."I wasn't thinking about quitting three days ago. I wasn't thinking about quitting two weeks ago. But when you start thinking about quitting, I think you need to move on it and do something. When I started thinking about quitting I gave it a good deal of thought and did it."

He's a defeated man. It's written on his face, it's in his speech, and he's just prolonging the agony for when HE is forcibly "removed from his duties" in a few weeks time. If he thinks Turk sucks at his job what does he seriously think when he looks into the mirror. This thing is going to get ugly real quick.