Bill Cower

lvbillzfan

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum. I'll give my first take.

A lot of people are hoping for a lot of changes in the organization (me included). Let's not expect too much. I know we all want Ralph to be as passionate as we are, but he just isn't. He is a businessman. Let's say hypothetically each year when all is said and done, he makes about $5 Million profit. Why would he go out and hire Bill Cower or someone along those lines who make that much per year? Yeah, that would make us happy, but Ralph is not in business to make us happy. Our orgnization will not succeed while he calls the shots. It's unfortunate but true.

We all know a passionate owner and a "football" G.M. is what wins in this league. All teams have talent. Some know how to use it properly (N.E, Miami, Phili, ...) and some don't (Buff, Cinci, Det...). The players are not the problem. We've been changing players year in and year out for 10 years and none of them work out. Do we see a pattern here?

The NFL is after all, a business. Ralph has no history of paying top dollar for a top tier HC. At 91, don't expect that trend to change. As long as Ralph is making a profit he can live with, why would he spend more money?

Welcome to the asylum.

Hey all,

A lot of people are hoping for a lot of changes in the organization (me included). Let's not expect too much. I know we all want Ralph to be as passionate as we are, but he just isn't. He is a businessman. Let's say hypothetically each year when all is said and done, he makes about $5 Million profit. Why would he go out and hire Bill Cower or someone along those lines who make that much per year? Yeah, that would make us happy, but Ralph is not in business to make us happy. Our orgnization will not succeed while he calls the shots. It's unfortunate but true.

We all know a passionate owner and a "football" G.M. is what wins in this league. All teams have talent. Some know how to use it properly (N.E, Miami, Phili, ...) and some don't (Buff, Cinci, Det...). The players are not the problem. We've been changing players year in and year out for 10 years and none of them work out. Do we see a pattern here?

This part is curious. Not saying your wrong. Just that its a awesome business when you don't really have to care if your customers are happy or not. Kinda like a monopoly

See I don't buy the, he's old why would he start spending now, bit. I mean its precisely BECAUSE he's old that is the reason it would make sense to go on a supermarket spree of gms coaches top talent evaluators and top fa prospects. He may have a one foot in the grave but I'm sure the other foot is desperate to win a championship before he takes the dirt nap. He's got all that money but he can't take it with 'em.

Hey all,

Hey all,

there IS the swine flu concern with all the spitting