Why Are You A Bills Fan?

cmjoyce113

I read negative post after negative post with a few positives mixed in. It really seems like some of the people on here are actually rooting for the Bills to suck so Jauron can be canned and we can start this whole thing over again. It seems like a lot of people are assuming the Bills are going to suck when isn't that what everyone felt about Miami last year?

The Dolphins went 3-1 in the preseason last year... did everyone have them winning the Division? No... back then the preseason didn't mean shiiii... Now since the Bills are 0-3 its the end of the world.

The Patriots went 0-4 last preseason yet they were still the favorite to maybe go undefeated again and win the Super Bowl. There fans were all like OH $@#@ we are going to go 4-12 and pick 2nd in the draft.

If you truly are a Bills fan every year should bring new hope becuase you NEVER know what to expect. Every year 6 or so teams that made the playoffs the year before don't make it again. There is always that hope as a fan that your team might improve this year, or might get back to where they were last year. Keep being negative and say the Bills suck before the season it's fine, but why are you a Bills fan?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read negative post after negative post with a few positives mixed in. It really seems like some of the people on here are actually rooting for the Bills to suck so Jauron can be canned and we can start this whole thing over again. It seems like a lot of people are assuming the Bills are going to suck when isn't that what everyone felt about Miami last year?

The Dolphins went 3-1 in the preseason last year... did everyone have them winning the Division? No... back then the preseason didn't mean shiiii... Now since the Bills are 0-3 its the end of the world.

The Patriots went 0-4 last preseason yet they were still the favorite to maybe go undefeated again and win the Super Bowl. There fans were all like OH $@#@ we are going to go 4-12 and pick 2nd in the draft.

If you truly are a Bills fan every year should bring new hope becuase you NEVER know what to expect. Every year 6 or so teams that made the playoffs the year before don't make it again. There is always that hope as a fan that your team might improve this year, or might get back to where they were last year. Keep being negative and say the Bills suck before the season it's fine, but why are you a Bills fan?

I am a Bills fan because I was born, bred and raised in Buffalo. I have experienced the horror of back to back 2-14 seasons, and the joy of four consecutive superbowl appearances. I bleed red white and blue on sundays 16 weeks a year. I will root for the bills until the day they stick me in the ground or the Bills move from Buffalo.

The above paragraph does not mean that I must blindly believe the hype spewed every year by the best marketing team in football that this is the year they will return to the playoffs. It isn't. They are going to be horrible this year. That is a reality and the sooner you embrace that fact the less this season will hurt. Being a Bills fan does not require one to ignore the obvious.

Frankly, I hope they win two games this year. That should guarantee them the top pick in the draft, and should guarantee the end of the Jauron era, and maybe even a blood letting in the front office. Nothing will change until that happens. Maybe the promise of the first overall pick will be enough to lure a competent GM and head coach to buffalo, so that we can FINALLY get this train turned around and headed in the right direction. Right now its headed for a cliff.

Go ahead and be an optimist. I think its foolish, but I won't begrudge you that right. All I ask in return is that you not question my fandom for holding an opinion different than yours.

Mainly from pride in the city I grew up in. Plus I followed the Bills since I was 8 years old so it's a habit. Same goes for the Sabres and UB. The only non-Buffalo team I really became a fan of was the old Philadelphia (then Baltimore) Stars of the USFL. Not sure why but I really dug them. I live in NH now and could give a crap about Boston teams.

PTR

I am a Bills fan because I was born, bred and raised in Buffalo. I have experienced the horror of back to back 2-14 seasons, and the joy of four consecutive superbowl appearances. I bleed red white and blue on sundays 16 weeks a year. I will root for the bills until the day they stick me in the ground or the Bills move from Buffalo.

The above paragraph does not mean that I must blindly believe the hype spewed every year by the best marketing team in football that this is the year they will return to the playoffs. It isn't. They are going to be horrible this year. That is a reality and the sooner you embrace that fact the less this season will hurt. Being a Bills fan does not require one to ignore the obvious.

Frankly, I hope they win two games this year. That should guarantee them the top pick in the draft, and should guarantee the end of the Jauron era, and maybe even a blood letting in the front office. Nothing will change until that happens. Maybe the promise of the first overall pick will be enough to lure a competent GM and head coach to buffalo, so that we can FINALLY get this train turned around and headed in the right direction. Right now its headed for a cliff.

Go ahead and be an optimist. I think its foolish, but I won't begrudge you that right. All I ask in return is that you not question my fandom for holding an opinion different than yours.

GREAT POST. I agree 100%

So rather than rooting for the Bills to suceed and hoping for a great year from Jauron and hoping he turns it around you are going to root for them to win 2 games? That doesn't make much sense to me... you are right though we are all entitled to our own opinions.

arent we 1-3

So rather than rooting for the Bills to suceed and hoping for a great year from Jauron and hoping he turns it around you are going to root for them to win 2 games? That doesn't make much sense to me... you are right though we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Yes - do you honestly think Jauron is going to finally turn things around? That he has had an epiphany after getting pummeled once again by a 3-4 D? Another 7-9 season will guarantee us another year of DJ and his crappy drafting, game management and coordinators.

Because I WANT the Bills to be good, I want them to fail epically this year.

What a job Ralph Wilson has. He owns a team in a city that will support him no matter what they look like. We go 10 years without playoffs and pretty much look worse each year, and we sell record numbers in season ticket sales. All they need to do is pick up a guy like T.O. or throw in a no huddle and the whole city buzzes. Heck, if we get two first downs in a row, we are talking Super Bowl! We are an orgniztion in CHAOS but are so blinded by all the "moves" they make, we can't see how really BAD we are. This is not about pre season, it is about the last 10 years. We are going backwards quickly.

Born & raised in Buffalo.

Haven't lived there since 1970. Have lived in: Washington DC, Chicago, Houston & Seattle. Never could understand how people could re-locate and give up on the Home Team.

If the Bills ever leave, I will adapt the same stance as I did when the Braves left. What NBA???

Did not read any of the other postings yet, I didn't want to be pre-disposed.

I was 4 & 5 when they won those two championships, and although I was pretty

young, I remeber that special team. My father and uncles would always have

the game on, and even though we moved away from Buffalo when I was 9, the

juice was just starting to hit the scene, I embraced him, and followed him with a passion,

we may not have been very good through his years, but he held a certain fascination, much

like Barry Sanders some years later. You just had to see what unbelievable run he could pull off

next.

So the Championships started it, and the juice kept it going. I will die a Bills fan.

I live in Pittsburgh now, and people are always asking me why I don't just become

a Steeler's fan, and I respond by asking them what their favorite color is, and when they

answer green, blue, red, whatever. I then ask them well why don't you just change it to Orange.

BTW, it is very tough being a bills fan in Steeler territory. I have taken a beating, but you know

the saying, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Go Bills!

Well I doubt many here really want the Bills to suck a$$. It's just frustration with mediocrity that makes you think that maybe if instead of 7-9 again and missing the playoffs ... again, go 2-14, clean house, get a top draft pick and start over. Kinda like pulling the bandaid off quickly instead of making the pain last longer.

Also everyone here would love for Jauron and the entire team to do great this season and march right to the superbowl. Some just can't even imagine it happening at this point.

But it is a good quality I think to be an optimist. And most Bills fans (including me) could use a little more of that .. even if it's only until September 14th at 7pm :sick:

If you truly are a Bills fan every year should bring new hope because you NEVER know what to expect. Every year 6 or so teams that made the playoffs the year before don't make it again. There is always that hope as a fan that your team might improve this year, or might get back to where they were last year. Keep being negative and say the Bills suck before the season it's fine, but why are you a Bills fan?

That's a great point.

Now here's the reality - 9 seasons.

Since 1999, the Bills have found a way to NOT be the team that follows the trend of the 6 new teams. How is that possible?

I love the Bills....have since 1980 when I actually was old enough to know what NFL football was. I'll never jump off the bandwagon...season tickets, Sunday afternoons, Monday evening ass whoopin's and I even have the charging Buffalo tattooed on my shoulder. That being said, until the Bills break this 9 year drought, I have every freaking reason under the sun to be skeptical. I enjoy the highs, but I know the yearly letdown is coming ;-)

Why am I a Bills fan? I certainly get that question a lot down here in Tampa. It seems whenever that question is asked the person asking it feels sorry for me. It's getting to the point of embarassment and I feel that if things don't change in the right direction this year I might just spend my Sundays being frustrated about my golf game instead.

FYI, I'm typically an optimist unlike many regulars who post on this board so I do believe they can turn it around but if they don't it won't surprise me either.