James Hardy.

Justice

I read on bleacher report that he's likely to start the season on the PUP list.

If true, that sucks, but it's no major loss. We've got great depth at WR as long as Evans and Owens stay healthy.

Wouldn't it be great if Hardy becomes a force, though.

I read the injury report on BB.com and it made no mention of James Hardy. He must be practicing, anybody know how he's doing?

He's on the PUP to perform list. If they don't place him on IR, I believe they can activate him sometime between week 6-10(don't quote me on that). Even that would be a long shot for his ACL recovery. Last I heart he was still only running straight without cutting. If they decide to keep Jenkins, Parrish, and Johnson then there is a good chance Hardy goes to IR and is lost for the year. If they cut Jenkins then they probably keep him on PUP list and activate him later in the season. By then either TO will have been suspended by the team which would make room for him or they will have to make a roster spot by cutting a TE in order to carry 6 WR's.

Yea its no big loss if the guy who is supposed to take Owens spot in the starting lineup next year starts the year on the PUP I mean its not like he'd play and gain valuiable experience for next year so he's ready to start.. :ph34r:

I like this excerpt. Jauron said "He's bigger, he's stronger, he's moving well and I do believe there is a chance of him helping us in the first half of the season."

Bigger and stronger are both really good news, even putting aside the fact that he's moving well.

I didn't like the pick, and I'm still very unconvinced he'll ever be anything for us, but I have to say that I like the way he thinks. He always says the right thing, and I wish him luck.

Who cares about Hardy? Outside of one play against Jax last year he showed nothing. No speed, can't run routes, and lousy hands. The only reason he's on the team is the fact that he was a 2nd round pick. If he was a free agent he'd be long gone.

Who cares about Hardy? Outside of one play against Jax last year he showed nothing. No speed, can't run routes, and lousy hands. The only reason he's on the team is the fact that he was a 2nd round pick. If he was a free agent he'd be long gone.

Lousy hands=2 drops last year.........Lousy hands = Watch T.O. Closely this year.

Lousy hands=2 drops last year.........Lousy hands = Watch T.O. Closely this year.

I think if we give him time to develeop and proper coaching he has all the tools to be a very good big receiver for us. Let's be patient. Most receviers take 3 yrs or so to hit their prime in the NFL. Hopefully he learns alot from TO and eventually replaces TO down the road.

Lol :sick:

The situation seems to have PUP written all over it. It's not necessary that he force it just to be there for game 1. Better to use the roster spot somewhere else and then re-evaluate with the injury situation after week six.

Yup. That's where I'm at, too.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/09/02/r...ly-destination/

That’s why Reserve/PUP looks to be the best option for Hardy.

It would give him an extra two months to get his knee in top form and then he will have the chance to really show the coaching staff he’s ready to return and make an impact. It also makes life easier on the coaching staff to make their final roster decisions at receiver.

The coaches would be able to keep their top 6 (Evans, Owens, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, Jenkins) while Hardy takes the necessary time to be ready at midseason