Jauron

Billsguy

Some people say the team takes on the personality of the head coach. In the Bills case that says a lot.

Jauron is a weak leader with no discernible personality or passion for the game. Do you think the Bills players are inspired by their listless, expressionless head coach standing on the sideline looking lost and clueless?

I don't.

I have said that his hiring was a mistake and I have said it every year. At his age and experience you know what you are going to get: MEDIOCRITY!

7-9, 7-9, 7-9 is no accident. Of course, I have been roundly criticized for my observations by some of the less experienced obsevers, but history has proven that I was correct in my estimation of Jauron.

Nothing has changed since he took the job and nothing will change under him. You would think that the team would make progress by now.

Where is it?

The front seven on defense looks severely inadequate and the offense can't score touchdowns.

Lee Evans is not an elite receiver, he routinely disappears from games.

As a matter of fact, the Bills have no elite players. I am dumbfounded by the annual optimism for this pathetically run organization.

The cherry on sundae was the insane adulation bestowed upon Ralph Wilson recently. He has been the chief architect for this mediocrity over the years.

The only success he had in 50 years was largely due to Lou Saban and Bill Polian and he wasn't smart enough to keep either one.

Some people say the team takes on the personality of the head coach. In the Bills case that says a lot.

Jauron is a weak leader with no discernible personality or passion for the game. Do you think the Bills players are inspired by their listless, expressionless head coach standing on the sideline looking lost and clueless?

I don't.

I have said that his hiring was a mistake and I have said it every year. At his age and experience you know what you are going to get: MEDIOCRITY!

7-9, 7-9, 7-9 is no accident. Of course, I have been roundly criticized for my observations by some of the less experienced obsevers, but history has proven that I was correct in my estimation of Jauron.

Nothing has changed since he took the job and nothing will change under him. You would think that the team would make progress by now.

Where is it?

The front seven on defense looks severely inadequate and the offense can't score touchdowns.

As a matter of fact, the Bills have no elite players. I am dumbfounded by the annual optimism for this pathetically run organization.

The cherry on sundae was the insane adulation bestowed upon Ralph Wilson recently. He has been the chief architect for this mediocrity over the years.

The only success he had in 50 years was largely due to Lou Saban and Bill Polian and he wasn't smart enough to keep either one.

Until this year, I gave DJ the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he was right, our team needed new blood and we drafted nicely this year. But after watching the horrible display in Pittsburg, I can't take it any longer. You are right, he has no PASSION. He appears dead from neck up and as one announcer mentioned during the Packer's game, "why is he clapping when TE is intercepted?" I thought the same thing. He claps when we screw up, as if he is playing the devils advocate.

I paid in advance for NFL Direct Ticket, and now I want out, but you can't take the money back, after the lion swallowed it. This is going to a very painful year, reminescent of the 2-14 years back in the 80's. The team has no heart, they don't care of it they suck, and it shows. Heck, even special teams aren't so special this year and BA doesn't look as enthused as he has been in past years. Back to the basement of the NFL. It will be a toss up between the Lions, Raiders and Bills on who gets the #1 pick next year. At least we pack our stands with fans....

Agreed on all counts, except for this. How is a WR, who is getting double covered, on one of the most poorly run offenses I've ever seen, with a QB who can't throw more than 15 yards, with an O-line featuring 5 new starters, be the cause of the problem? I feel terrible for Lee Evans. On Indy, NE, NO, GB, and probably 15 other !@#$ing teams - he'd be a top 5 WR, bank it.

It's about time that we saw another Jauron thread, it's been at least what? 4 hours?

Well - when you think about it he is the TOPIC! They're not going to fire all the players or Modrak or Brandon - - so - - -

DJ seems to be a good organizer but with less than NFL quality players all over the roster and a weak coaching staff - - that's not enough. GO BILLS!

If Trent Edwards did'nt get crushed by Arizona's blitz last year you would have been loving Dick. I think he has done a fine job for what he has to work with and injuries that have come about. This will be his last year unless we make the playoffs so let's get over the bashing, hope for the best and support the team good or bad.

"I don't have any issues with the no-huddle," Jauron said. "If you call in plays [from the sidelines], I've never really been able to figure out what the difference is [between huddling and not huddling]." WTF DOOOOOOOMED!

Sounds to me like the no huddle was not his idea, but that should not surprise anyone.

If Trent Edwards did'nt get crushed by Arizona's blitz last year you would have been loving Dick. I think he has done a fine job for what he has to work with and injuries that have come about. This will be his last year unless we make the playoffs so let's get over the bashing, hope for the best and support the team good or bad.

Head in sand.

You think he has done a fine job?

Are you friggin' clueless?

I get a kick out of his latest interview by Chris Brown where he says that with the short week the Bills are game planning for both the Lions and Patriots.

Can he be that stupid that he doesn't know he has from Friday of this week to all next week and then they play on Monday night of September 13th? He sounds like he is saying they play the Patriots the very next Monday.

Dunno why you would game plan at all for the Lions at all, let your backups play that entire game to see who should stay and who should get cut.

Then again, as crappy as Edwards has looked the last two games I'd be tempted to make him play the entire first half just to prove he can still play a decent game.

The yearly optimism stems from the brilliance of Russ Brandon. Give this guy some credit. The FO continually gets bashed within this group, but there is talent on this team- it simply not utilized. Each of the last three years, we've been 4-5 bonehead coaching plays away from 3 more wins (per year). Playing moderately competitive ball with a listless, unprepared buck-tooth ghost for a coach.

Jauron is not Brandon's guy, so cut him (Russ) some slack. I say let him find his own coach. The guy is from Syracuse, he's obviously smart, he loves the organization and does a hell of a job with generating fan enthusiasm (until the coaching ruins it). Yeah... buck-tooth lifeless ghost for a coach.

Jerry Glanville- not the best coach... but he was so fun to watch and likeable, you didn't care if his teams won or lost cuz he was a character. We need that... the other kind of character.