Many NFL teams having trouble selling tickets

And they want to take our team away?

If the Bills were as good as the Jaguars there would be a waiting list for season tickets. Jacksonville is a joke of an NFL market.

PTR

At some point, I hope we do have trouble selling tickets as it may wake up the owner and FO to take some positive actions to once again make this a winning franchise. Right now, a little sparkle (T.O) is all that is required for the fans to line up.

At some point, I hope we do have trouble selling tickets as it may wake up the owner and FO to take some positive actions to once again make this a winning franchise. Right now, a little sparkle (T.O) is all that is required for the fans to line up.

Marketing genius.

Sucker fans? More like snookered fans. What choice do Bills fans have? Boycott the team in protest? Yeah, that'll hurry up change.......the Bills' address, that is. As things are, the only real choice Bills fans have is to accept what we have for as long as we have it....however long that turns out to be.

Dammit.

Sucker fans? More like snookered fans. What choice do Bills fans have? Boycott the team in protest? Yeah, that'll hurry up change.......the Bills' address, that is. As things are, the only real choice Bills fans have is to accept what we have for as long as we have it....however long that turns out to be.

Dammit.

Instead of a ticket boycott, just have everyone stay out of the stadium for kickoff once. That will get us on ESPN and send a clear message. They can enter the stadium, just stay in the lobby and don't sit down until after kickoff.

PTR

Dammit.

the part of the article I felt was the most important is how each team gets 125 million from the tv contract. it covers then entire players payroll, and ralph gets to keep all the money from ticket sales in the free stadium that he plays in

Be careful what you wish for...

In Semcken's eyes, Jacksonville and Buffalo are terrible markets for the NFL, and the other franchises are unable or unwilling to maintain stadiums up to current league standards. So they're fair game.

If the Bills were as good as the Jaguars there would be a waiting list for season tickets. Jacksonville is a joke of an NFL market.

PTR

I have said for a long time now, this team is going no where. New owner will have to exhaust all available resources before the team would be allowed to move. Sell naming rights, increase ticket prices and luxury box prices to the average of the NFL. If we put a competitive team on the field then fans will pay the ticket prices and the team stays.

No way is the NFL going to allow a team to move when tickets are selling like the Bills are selling them.

I have said for a long time now, this team is going no where. New owner will have to exhaust all available resources before the team would be allowed to move. Sell naming rights, increase ticket prices and luxury box prices to the average of the NFL. If we put a competitive team on the field then fans will pay the ticket prices and the team stays.

No way is the NFL going to allow a team to move when tickets are selling like the Bills are selling them.

You do know just because they sell tickets does not mean that thier going to stay in Buffalo do you?

Dammit.

Could not have said it better myself...

You need big business to make money off of suites. Buffalo doesn't have it. Increasing each ticket by $20 a game isn't going to make a differnece in the big picture. If the Bills started instituting seat licenses and such, like many big market teams do, I highly suspect you would see fans walk away.

The Colts sold tickets in Baltimore.

The original Browns sold tickets in Cleveland.

The point is that a new owner will go where the most cash flow/biggest boondoggle is. And don't forget that, unlike Ralph, the next owner will have debt service (interest) to pay on his financing for the franchise.

"Terrible" in the sense Buffalo is not drunk with expendable personal and corporate income like L.A. is.

PTR

PTR

Every jags game is likely a blackout this year .... wow. That us a death spiral (if the team does not pick it up on the field) in the sense that they will lose even more relevance if people can't watch them.

Good for the Bills fans. At least they are the class of the NFL even though their team is not likely to be any time soon.

The Bills are a cash cow and one of the most profitable teams in the NFL to be an owner of (Two or three years ago they were the 3rd most profitable I believe). This is because we have addicted fans who will pay to watch complete crap, our owner has no debt, and of the NFLs shared revenue policy. The Bills will cost a new owner almost 1 Billion dollars. What owner could afford to move the team, spending an additional 1+ billion, just to go to another city, while remaining debt free. The key to making money in the NFL is a lack of debt, NOT your market. This is because most "national" revenue is shared between all the NFL teams. It is fiscally unwise to move a team to another city if it would mean mortgaging the team for an additional 1+ billion, ie the cost of the move/new stadium etc. The additional revenues a different city would incur would A) most likely be shared amongst all NFL teams, and B) not offset the cost of the teams debt. Additionally, why would a team care about being the best of the best in terms of shared revenue? Truth is there is no motivation to be at the top because whatever money you make over the average is taken away from you. This means that leaving the Bills in Buffalo, would actually be MORE profitable to the owner than if he moved the team to LA/Vegas/where-ever.

The players hold out and claim that "football is a business". Well look at moving the Bills from a business perspective and you would see it just does not make any sense. The only team a new owner could feasibly move is the Jags because they borrow their home stadium, AND have absolutely no fans, unlike Buffalo where the stadium is sold out year after crappy year.

Every jags game is likely a blackout this year .... wow. That us a death spiral (if the team does not pick it up on the field) in the sense that they will lose even more relevance if people can't watch them.

Good for the Bills fans. At least they are the class of the NFL even though their team is not likely to be any time soon.

I think about and talk about the Bills every day of the year. I am obsessed with the Buffalo Bills. My first game was in 1985 and I have been to at least one Bills game every year since. I have seen them in seven different cities, have been to over 100 games including the greatest comeback. That being said, if you think Bills fans are the class of the NFL, you either a) haven't been to many games recently or b) haven't been to other stadiums. Loyal? Absolutely. Can drink in excess? I'd rank them first in the league. However, you can lump Buffalo in with Oakland and Philly as far as the stadiums where I would least recommend wearing a rival jersey.

Instead of a ticket boycott, just have everyone stay out of the stadium for kickoff once. That will get us on ESPN and send a clear message. They can enter the stadium, just stay in the lobby and don't sit down until after kickoff.

PTR

Last year when the idea of protest came up I suggested brighly colored shirts (Not of the Bills nor division colors - perhaps bright yellow) that could be worn to games. That way people can protest but not have to forgoe watching games they paid hard earned money to see.

Last year when the idea of protest came up I suggested brighly colored shirts (Not of the Bills nor division colors - perhaps bright yellow) that could be worn to games. That way people can protest but not have to forgoe watching games they paid hard earned money to see.

What about bags over heads ?