Buggs

otisly00

I watched all 60 mins of the game last night and 2 things jumped out at me:

1) Buggs is a stud....on the 2nd team defense. I don't know if it can translate to 1st team, but he was all over the field sticking the RB's

2) Leodis is the real deal, same as above.

I was just as upset as everyone else about 1st team O, but I thought our D on a whole played pretty well....considering how much time they spent on the field. Hopefully they will be able to keep us in the season the first 4-6 weeks while our O pulls their sh-- together.

1) Buggs is a stud....on the 2nd team defense. I don't know if it can translate to 1st team, but he was all over the field sticking the RB's

I was just as upset as everyone else about 1st team O, but I thought our D on a whole played pretty well....considering how much time they spent on the field. Hopefully they will be able to keep us in the season the first 4-6 weeks while our O pulls their sh-- together.

I agree, Buggs really stood out. He closes fast and hits hard. Reminds me of London Fletcher. Leodis is already our best defensive player. And he will get better.

What LB position did he play?

MLB.

Buggs is almost a lock to make the team, with his ability to be a demon on special teams and someone who can actually play his position.

Ellison is also having an excellent preseason. No one is mentioning it because we all hate him, and root for Nic Harris, but his great play cannot be denied.

MLB.

Buggs is almost a lock to make the team, with his ability to be a demon on special teams and someone who can actually play his position.

Ellison is also having an excellent preseason. No one is mentioning it because we all hate him, and root for Nic Harris, but his great play cannot be denied.

Cool. I like that Harris looks like a potential suitor for SLB and Buggs looks like one for MLB. If only Ashlee Palmer was playing WLB.

MLB.

I disagree on Ellison.....he had made a standout play here and there......but his coverage is horrible

i agree on Buggs and McKelvin, they both looked good last night. Buggs was doing some fine hitting when given the chance. WE have played three contenders so far which may help, I guess we will see. Pittsburgh is not known for putting up a lot of points but I believe that the defense did well for all the time they spent on the field. It wasn't a blow out by any means, the Oakland game was a blow out. It would be nice to see all the suicidal folks step away from the ledge until there is an actual reason to end life as we know it.

MLB.

Ive been watching ellison closly this preseason he appears to be much better against the run this year

Buggs looked quite good against second and third teamers. The guy looked tiny, too, and weighs about 220 pounds. I'm extremely skeptical that he could play starting LB going against 325 pound OL. He's small even for our group of small, and the converted safety Nic Harris looks a lot bigger than Buggs does on the field. I'd also really hate to go into a season with Buggs, Harris and Jon Corto as our back-up LBs. It's downright scary. Granted, I usually think a guy that is 5' 10" and 220 is actually bigger than a guy that is 6' 1" 220, especially at the linebacker position because you need to be stout at the point of attack, but Buggs looks very small to me. As a spot back-up and special teamer, sure. But I can't imagine this guy playing a full season if someone goes down. Hopefully, I'm wrong about him.

Buggs looked quite good against second and third teamers. The guy looked tiny, too, and weighs about 220 pounds. I'm extremely skeptical that he could play starting LB going against 325 pound OL. He's small even for our group of small, and the converted safety Nic Harris looks a lot bigger than Buggs does on the field. I'd also really hate to go into a season with Buggs, Harris and Jon Corto as our back-up LBs. It's downright scary. Granted, I usually think a guy that is 5' 10" and 220 is actually bigger than a guy that is 6' 1" 220, especially at the linebacker position because you need to be stout at the point of attack, but Buggs looks very small to me. As a spot back-up and special teamer, sure. But I can't imagine this guy playing a full season if someone goes down. Hopefully, I'm wrong about him.

Pat Thomas.

Valid point, although DiGiorgio was also listed in the 220s. I'm also hoping Corto doesn't make the final roster. (Nothing personal against the hometown kid -- I just think guys like Palmer have shown more potential. Bummed that Palmer got hurt in the HOF Game, because I liked what I saw from him at camp.)

MLB.

I gotta agree, he's been aggessively making tackles near the line of scrimmage. Hopefully it continues

Valid point, although DiGiorgio was also listed in the 220s. I'm also hoping Corto doesn't make the final roster. (Nothing personal against the hometown kid -- I just think guys like Palmer have shown more potential. Bummed that Palmer got hurt in the HOF Game, because I liked what I saw from him at camp.)

I never really thought DiGiorgio was a legitimate starter for more than a game either though. Yeah, he made a lot of tackles chasing people, and once in a while could knife in for a stop at the line, I just didn't want to see him in there for a long stretch of time. Unfortunately, I think we may need to keep Pat Thomas just to have SOME experience back there.

I'd like to see Harris start after a few games anyway, and then Ellison can at least be the veteran back-up at the two OLB positions. But we're woefully thin there. Poz and Mitchell better not get hurt.

My Thoughts on Ellison.....

Everybody thought that we had to replace him. Me too. But you have to admit he is not having a bad preseason. I just wish he could cover better. Is it just me or is he having a better pre-season than Mitchell???

I don't think he loses his job at least at the beginning of the season. We might have 3 unproven players at backup at the LB spots but it might be a blessing in disguise .

I really like Harris and Palmer. To bad Buggs got hurt last year or he would be further along. But he gets to the ball quickly.

Everybody thought that we had to replace him. Me too. But you have to admit he is not having a bad preseason. I just wish he could cover better. Is it just me or is he having a better pre-season than Mitchell???

I don't think he loses his job at least at the beginning of the season. We might have 3 unproven players at backup at the LB spots but it might be a blessing in disguise .

I really like Harris and Palmer. To bad Buggs got hurt last year or he would be further along. But he gets to the ball quickly.

As I've said elsewhere, this is the first year where Ellison got starter's reps all throughout the off-season and pre-season. Before he was the backup and was pressed-into starting duty due to injury. I'd still like to see Harris take the job eventually.

I agree. Although I hte the guy, he pl;ayed very well agsainst the Steelers. He is playing better than Mitchell. Probably keep Harris on the bench for a while. Buggs has earned the back-up job at middle LB and will challenge for a starting job next year when Cowher puts in the 3-4. B-)