Jamie Dukes on NFL Network

seq004

That's not the exact quote but he questioned the Bills FO on why they didn't get into a draft day trade to move into the top 10 and grab a left tackle like Smith. He said he likes Wood a lot but would not have used a 1st round pick on a guard. He went on to say that this could ruin what might have been a good offense this year with TO. I don't always agree with him but I do this time. He also agreed with us getting rid of Peters but thought we would have had a better replacement after his departure.

I don't think I agree with that. If you were going to use a high pick on a tackle and give him a huge contract, I didn't see the upside over just keeping Peters (well - to be honest - I never really did see a big upside for the Bills in the Peters situation). Trading Peters then turning around and drafting a tackle out of necessity is the quintessential example of treading water.

That's not the exact quote but he questioned the Bills FO on why they didn't get into a draft day trade to move into the top 10 and grab a left tackle like Smith. He said he likes Wood a lot but would not have used a 1st round pick on a guard. He went on to say that this could ruin what might have been a good offense this year with TO. I don't always agree with him but I do this time. He also agreed with us getting rid of Peters but thought we would have had a better replacement after his departure.

Do you really think Trent hasn't had enough time to throw the ball? Granted the protection hasn't been super great, but he's had enough time on enough pass attempts to move the ball. Trent just refuses to throw the ball.

The Bills will be paying for the trade of Peters for the next 2-4 years. We have a journeyman center, two rookies guards playing new postions, and two tackles playing out of position. If they know something about Peters we don't then fine, but this current situation is the best they could do? No LT in the first round, no Levi Jones signing as a FA, drafting another DB in the second round when there were still LT's available. Bell had better develop quickly.....

Part of it is that our receivers can't seem to get open.....whereas the Steelers guys were open all night long. This offense is poorly designed. Run where they ain't and catch the ball.

I'm glad Peters is gone. Maybe Bell will come out and become a good player. Gotta remember we were playing the Steelers on the road, and they have the best defense in football.

Do you really think Trent hasn't had enough time to throw the ball? Granted the protection hasn't been super great, but he's had enough time on enough pass attempts to move the ball. Trent just refuses to throw the ball.

I agree...he has had enough time---at least the average amount of time an NFL QB gets to throw the ball...

enough with the OLine being the issue...

Wasn't Ryan Clady available at 11 last year? Should've drafted him instead of another McCorner.

It would be nice to see the FO focus on different positions and needs other than DBs. As said numerous times in this forum, our lines have been neglected for far too long.