Cut them all insanity

Now I know we're not in the league of the elite teams, like the one we played last night, but this trash everything based on exhibition results is ridiculous. A lot of you don't remember how awful Frank Reich used to play in preseason, because he needed a game plan to play well. Now I don't know if Trent's preseason is similar to what Reich used to experience, but I'd like to see this team in real games before I'm thinking the season is a waste. Pre season can be very misleading. Detroit went 4-0 last preseason & didn't win a game. This team may well indeed be bad, and Trent may prove unworthy, but you just won't know that until the real games are played.

Also, those who really think we'll be the worst team in football are nothing short of insane. The Bills are a mediocre team. Sometimes they'll look good (like against Chicago this preseason) & sometimes they'll look bad (like GB & Pittsburgh preseason games). This translates to a 5 to 8 win season-not what anyone here wants, but definitely not in the worst teams group.

Now I know we're not in the league of the elite teams, like the one we played last night, but this trash everything based on exhibition results is ridiculous. A lot of you don't remember how awful Frank Reich used to play in preseason, because he needed a game plan to play well. Now I don't know if Trent's preseason is similar to what Reich used to experience, but I'd like to see this team in real games before I'm thinking the season is a waste. Pre season can be very misleading. Detroit went 4-0 last preseason & didn't win a game. This team may well indeed be bad, and Trent may prove unworthy, but you just won't know that until the real games are played.

Also, those who really think we'll be the worst team in football are nothing short of insane. The Bills are a mediocre team. Sometimes they'll look good (like against Chicago this preseason) & sometimes they'll look bad (like GB & Pittsburgh preseason games). This translates to a 5 to 8 win season-not what anyone here wants, but definitely not in the worst teams group.

Wow, 5, maybe 8 wins..that will make what, 10 years w/o a playoff appearance? I think that qualifies us as one of the worst teams of the decade....

Obviously missing T.O. and their No 1 pick - Error Maybe has had zero impact on The Bills this off season.

I'm not saying Dick's going to tell Schonert to put down his rice pudding in favor of a spicy chipotle ratatouille come September 14th, but I've got to believe once those two gentlemen become integrated into this year's squad and Schonert builds some sort of attack plan for the upcoming opponent based on actual game footage things will look a bit better. By week 8 - barring injuries, the O Linemen will be in the right place.

Color me cautiously optimistic and looking for signs of week-to-week improvement.

If Dick can't demonstrate that the team is getting progressively better this year it'll be a major disappointment.

I'd rather win 2-3 games fewer with the young guys than have another 7-9 mediocre season. Plus, if you don't cut veterans before the 1st game, their salaries are guaranteed for the year. Most if not all of the games are sold out thanks to Owens. Take advantage of that and start the rebuilding process now. Next year will be worse ticket-wise without Owens.

I base my opinions in part from exhibition performance but mainly from seasons past. Kelsay has never been an NFL starter. with his salary he should be cut. Schobel was good but just isn't anymore. With his salary he should be cut. Denney is not good but is better than both Kelsay and Schobel as of right now. He is not overpaid so I would keep him. My opinions from the past few season have only been cemented by this years pre season showings.

I'd rather win 2-3 games fewer with the young guys than have another 7-9 mediocre season. Plus, if you don't cut veterans before the 1st game, their salaries are guaranteed for the year. Most if not all of the games are sold out thanks to Owens. Take advantage of that and start the rebuilding process now. Next year will be worse ticket-wise without Owens.

Bravo

How can you possibly compare the current situation to the Frank Reich years? Most importantly the Bills back then had a proven roster who knew how to kick it into overdrive when the games counted. The current roster has nor such ability.

Frank Reich was the backup QB. Unfortunately, Trent Edwards is not.

I think you will be pleased. I don't think the Bills will have the number 1 overall pick but an improved position, top 10, is highly likely.

How many years have the Bills been "rebuilding"?

I think you will be pleased. I don't think the Bills will have the number 1 overall pick but an improved position, top 10, is highly likely.

How many years have the Bills been "rebuilding"?

I will not be pleased if this team goes 5-11, while giving good money to Walker, Whitner, Kelsay, Schobel, and the rest of the crew. No one pays to see those guys. I don't know anyone who thinks this is a play-off team. Ticket sales won't be a problem this year and the fanbase doesn't want another 7-9 team. If Ralph cares about money, which we know he does, it is a no-brainer to cut those guys or in Whitner's case, maybe he has a little bit of trade value. He loses nothing and gains $20m plus and some young guys get on the field.

Then every sports writer who has pointed out the fact that Buffalo's starters have failed to score ONE SINGLE TOUCHDOWN in 4 preseason games is a very troubling sign, is insane too. Losing in preseason is one thing. Your starting offense looking downright putrid 4 games in a row, is quite another. What, someone is going to flip a switch and the offense is suddenly going to go into another dimension?

Unless TO is going to somehow elevate the offense singlehandedly, this team will be lucky to go 5-11.

Obviously missing T.O. and their No 1 pick - Error Maybe has had zero impact on The Bills this off season.

I'm not saying Dick's going to tell Schonert to put down his rice pudding in favor of a spicy chipotle ratatouille come September 14th, but I've got to believe once those two gentlemen become integrated into this year's squad and Schonert builds some sort of attack plan for the upcoming opponent based on actual game footage things will look a bit better. By week 8 - barring injuries, the O Linemen will be in the right place.

Color me cautiously optimistic and looking for signs of week-to-week improvement.

If Dick can't demonstrate that the team is getting progressively better this year it'll be a major disappointment.

When did Schonert ever successfully game plan? Schonert sucks as much as TE & DJ.

Then every sports writer who has pointed out the fact that Buffalo's starters have failed to score ONE SINGLE TOUCHDOWN in 4 preseason games is a very troubling sign, is insane too. Losing in preseason is one thing. Your starting offense looking downright putrid 4 games in a row, is quite another. What, someone is going to flip a switch and the offense is suddenly going to go into another dimension?

Unless TO is going to somehow elevate the offense singlehandedly, this team will be lucky to go 5-11.

Thats what worries me. Ive actually been pretty impressed with the defense but if the offense cant score, it wont matter how good the D is

The Bills are not near mediocre. Just for grins if we duplicate our 0-6 division record from last year (which is better than 50/50 odds) that leaves us with ten games. Of those Cleveland at home and Jax and KC on the road are our only favorable match-ups. Let's say we get lucky and win 2 out of those three. All the other remaining seven teams are much better than us (Indy, TB, NO, Carolina, Houston, Tenn, Atl) But you know Jax, Clev & KC are all looking at the Bills game as a game they should / will win. 0-16 is a better possibility than 6-10. IMO, the Jets and Fins play with a lot more heart than this team. If the Packer game and the Steeler game is an indication of how we play against an elite team, the Bills should simply forfeit the Pats games to avoid the embarrassment.

When did Schonert ever successfully game plan? Schonert sucks as much as TE & DJ.

He's Jauron's hand picked OC. Hired him without even interviewing another candidate. There was no need to consider anyone else. The best guy was already on the staff. Continuity was key. He and DJ were already on the same page. Between the two of them, they could put together a winning offense.

He's the Buffalo version of John Schoop. The similarity is alarming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Shoop