How is that Jason Peters trade looking now?

sharper802

No, I really think there are some Bills fans here where being right brings unbelievable gratification, even more so then seeing the Bills have success.

That might be right when talking about some "Bills fans," but no one would rather see Peters fail than see the Bills succeed. That's crazy thinking.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're all over the place, but I think I catch your drift. The Bills suck?

I also had to vent some of my frustration about that egg of a game Trent Checkdown Edwards laid. Sorry about the confusion :thumbsup:

In the future the Peters trade could benefit the team if Woods turns into a probowl guard or center. Until then, it doesn't look so good. I would be happy with a good start if they could open a hole or two in the run game.

I also had to vent some of my frustration about that egg of a game Trent Checkdown Edwards laid. Sorry about the confusion :thumbsup:

In the future the Peters trade could benefit the team if Woods turns into a probowl guard or center. Until then, it doesn't look so good. I would be happy with a good start if they could open a hole or two in the run game.

For future reference, it's not Trent "Checkdown" Edwards. It's Trentative Checkwards.

Which one you referring to? Edwards? Kelsay? Shouman? Eliison? Poz?

Other than Edwards I would hardly classify the rest as bigger problems in comparison to losing a probowl LT in a league that puts a premium on them. How is that run game looking right now?

For future reference, it's not Trent "Checkdown" Edwards. It's Trentative Checkwards.

Ah yes...that's right "Trentative". Hasn't Trent and the coaching staff realized that if you can't/don't throw the ball more than 7 - 15 yds in the air the defense will pack in on you? It's like every play is trying to make red zone or goal line yardage.

Everyone still happy we traded away our ProBowl LT so we could completely retool the O-line????

Once guy got moved from RT to LT his head got all swollen. Let the iggles deal with his big overinflated head, he wadn't worth all the coin he milked.

Neither side cared a rat's a$$ about the Bill's fans- and both sides cared more about money than winning- The thing that crushes me is the weak effort the Bills made to strengthen the Oline- There were some pretty good interior linemen in FA and the Bills just got Hangarter who is only adequate at center nothing special- the Bills could of signed Jason Brown and Chris kemoeatu, that interior line would have looked a lot stronger- and in the second round they could have gone after Beatty and Loadholt.

Everyone still happy we traded away our ProBowl LT so we could completely retool the O-line????

have you been paying attention to Peters in Philly? most Philly fans are not happy with him right now

Guest dog14787

Between Dockery and Peters, the FO had another big brain fart in my opinion. :thumbsup:

It is hard to stay optimistic sometimes when reality is steadily laughing back at you. ;)

The haters will be happy with this trade even if the Bills don't turn up a decent LT for the next ten years and if when Peters retires fifteen years from now as an Eagle he is acknowledged as the best LT in football over two decades and is a shoo-in hall-of-famer.

Their hate has trumped their logic and ability to think with dispassion.

It's more and more obvious that our plans to replace Peters were simply insufficient. As long as we can't replace him with a guy who is at least very capable, the trade will look worse and worse to everyone around the league ... except the haters, who would rather have Adolf Hitler at LT than Jason Peters.

It's pitiful, but don't expect better.

Absolutely!! And when you say Pro Bowl you are referencing the fact that every other tackle out there was hurt before he got the call. Or are you referencing the Pro Bowler who started checking his bank account every time he got beat off the ball.

I think he is talking about LT Jason Peters...the PRO-BOWLER that EVERY NFL COACH VOTED FOR! They also pretty much ALL claimed he is the MOST DOMINANT tackle in the game.

Absoulutely! Our O Line WILL be better than it was eventually. My guess is that you never played football...The O Line takes the longest to gel, it doesnt happen over night and we have some rookies too...We without a doubt have more talent on our O Line now than we did last year, they just arent together yet. Its a coesive unit.

Absoulutely! Our O Line WILL be better than it was eventually. My guess is that you never played football...The O Line takes the longest to gel, it doesnt happen over night and we have some rookies too...We without a doubt have more talent on our O Line now than we did last year, they just arent together yet. Its a coesive unit.

And how is it "cohesive" if it has not gelled yet and is not together? Is that not what "cohesive" means?

They look about as far from "cohesive" as an offensive line could be!

Guest dog14787
And how is it "cohesive" if it has not gelled yet and is not together? Is that not what "cohesive" means?

They look about as far from "cohesive" as an offensive line could be!

Dogonit, see now if you've played football before you would probably understand what Alphadawg is getting at, so I take it you never played. :lol:

See that way when coach ask you what the heck your doing and why aren't you protecting the QB, you can fire back at your coach "it takes time to gel coach, but we are a cohesive bunch of fellas " and then smile at him, chances are coach won't know WTF to say. ( and if the QB is giving you a puzzled kind of pissy look, he's probably just wondering if all the cohesiveness is going to help glue him back together again, that's all)

Guest dog14787
Not the biggest need. But yet another position crying out for a player? Yup.

Relatively speaking, size wise, replacing Jason Peters at LT is the biggest need. :lol: