Well this certainly changes things

I have an idea.....he could work out more instead of doing that stupid video while the team is losing!

It's a five minute (if that) video that looks obviously like a one take and go type of deal. And very rarely do players in the regular season aggressively work out to the extent he'd be trying to lose weight. Personally I like it regardless of the record, because for once a player's letting his personality out. But there are cornflakes that need the drib drab of Bills negativity so sprinkle away....

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We shouldput Bell at LT in preperation for a post DJ world. THe new regime will have guidance whether or not he is the future LT.

LW is better suited at RT and anyway is stop-gap at LT, it does not make sense.

The Bills aren't going to win the SB with Walker at LT, so you might as well try Bell to see what he's got. To paraphrase Buddy Ryan: We don't know if the young guy can do it, but we know that the old guy can't.

RT is a little trickier. Walker is an average starting RT. Maybe that's the best we've got and maybe that would be good enough to win a championship if the other line positions are strong, but we're paying him a lot of money to be average and I think that Butler should be given a shot to see if he can develop into a stronger player. So, if it's close between Walker and Bell in terms of performance, I would simply bench Walker for now and see how it goes. If it looks promising, then Walker is probably gone by next year.

It's a five minute (if that) video that looks obviously like a one take and go type of deal. And very rarely do players in the regular season aggressively work out to the extent he'd be trying to lose weight. Personally I like it regardless of the record, because for once a player's letting his personality out. But there are cornflakes that need the drib drab of Bills negativity so sprinkle away....

Well, I'm glad that you like this stupid little video.

In terms of being negative about Walker, if he was that good there wouldn't be this thread. Apparently it is the coaches being negative, not the people who buy tickets (which includes me).

The Bills are always shuffling the line, Chambers should be starting over Levitre, he is a better player now,

If Walker is a no go at Left Tackle, then Shift him back to Right.

Bell, Wood, Hangartner, Butler, Walker

Levitre and Chambers play a series or two here and there each game.

Chambers was awful at guard last year when he stepped in. He was much better at LT, where his agility helped in pass protection. He isn't young, and there is probably zero chance of him ever developing into a good guard. That said, he is a very good backup at LT.

Levitre, a converted LT, had a chance to develop into an Eric Steinbach type LG. He has to prove it on the field obviously, but he is young and at least the chance exists.

Wood is a bruiser. Imo the Bills were correct to play him on the right side. Also, he has been there all of camp as far as I know. How could he be expected to learn 2 new NFL positions in just a few weeks?

Color me a strong proponent of leaving Wood on the right side and using his brute strength to open holes for the running game. This is exactly what this offense needs for them to have a chance, TO or no TO.

Jmo.

this would be a great find if bell can start some games. the guy has good footwork adn technique. but i really like his balance -- he is very sure footed and goes back and forth quite nicely for a big man. his hand checks are always correct and he seems to be able to control pass rushers. i havent seen enough of him run blocking or pulling out of his stance and going after a would-be-tackler yet. he might just be a good pass protector -- i dunno...

if he can play, that is great. and this kid nick harris is another surprise that will start soon. This guy is active and smart. His game fits pro ball and he should be on the field opening day. I guess he will be a special team hero for a while...

Does anyone eles find it a bit nerve racking to think that when Bell gets back there is the possibility they are gonna change half of the lines positions again! Its not like this is the beginning of camp or that these guys are all seasoned vets who have played the other spots. Walker has spent the whole summer learning LT just to get thrown back tot he right side? Butler has spent all summer at RT just to get thrown to G? Wood has spen all summer trying to transition from college center to pro guard just to maybe send him to pro center? Sound like a hell of a lot of wasted time to me.

Well, I'm glad that you like this stupid little video.

In terms of being negative about Walker, if he was that good there wouldn't be this thread. Apparently it is the coaches being negative, not the people who buy tickets (which includes me).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article is asserting Walker struggles at left tackle not right, no? So they aren't down on Walker in general just at that position. And really, who cares other than you about a five minute video? Was that the five minutes he was going to run 8 miles?

As a paying season ticket holder who goes from pgh to buffalo 3-5 times a season I care too. Just not about a video that is innocuous.

Bill - I get that you have issues with the line, management, coaching and generally the entire franchise. I won't fight you on it bc you've made up your mind and that's fine. But whether or not lang does that video he will be 364 pounds. And throwing your demeaning hissy fits my way won't bother me.

You've been backing up the front office for quite some time now. My point remains that the Bills traded Peters and intended to replace him with LW at almost the outset of the off-season. Now they're changing again. This is not merely about depth chart and making cosmetic changes. We're talking about starting a second guy at the most important OLine position in four months.

How many teams change their starting LT out of camp? Not many teams do. Bumping a guy up at WR or LB is one thing. Potentially changing your LT to a guy who hasn't started an NFL game is another. This is, if it happens, major stuff.

If Bell starts and Walker is benched or outright released, that's 14 failed FA's fro 2006-2007. That's how I know the front office is bad.

The Colts did it this year. They benched Ugoh for some Charlie Jonhson. That is why I started a thread about inquiring about Ugoh for possible trade.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article is asserting Walker struggles at left tackle not right, no? So they aren't down on Walker in general just at that position. And really, who cares other than you about a five minute video? Was that the five minutes he was going to run 8 miles?

As a paying season ticket holder who goes from pgh to buffalo 3-5 times a season I care too. Just not about a video that is innocuous.

Bill - I get that you have issues with the line, management, coaching and generally the entire franchise. I won't fight you on it bc you've made up your mind and that's fine. But whether or not lang does that video he will be 364 pounds. And throwing your demeaning hissy fits my way won't bother me.

Wow. I am not here to throw "hissy fits." I didn't post this: "But there are cornflakes that need the drib drab of Bills negativity so sprinkle away...."

And no, I don't like the video. Show me that when the Bills are 9-4 through the season and I might laugh. Imo the Bills, and Walker have much work to do.

Now, back to football if we may. In another post I stated that if Bell steps in, Walker is the safest bet at RT. Obviously we agree on this. Also, 364? I don't believe this for a second. Pat Williams was once listed at 340. We were sitting behind the Bills one year in row 2 (bad seats), and he looked closer to 400. So did Big Sam Adams, but those guys produced a lot more than LW, and they weren't making cute videos.

I am sorry if you thought I was being demeaning, and certainly we can agree to disagree about some nonsense video, no? :rolleyes:

The Colts did it this year. They benched Ugoh for some Charlie Jonhson. That is why I started a thread about inquiring about Ugoh for possible trade.

I don't understand this move. Imo Ugoh was pretty damn good. My guess is that he is hurt, or has other "issues." Guys like that just don't get benched, unless the other guy is a superstar that we never heard of.

I don't understand this move. Imo Ugoh was pretty damn good. My guess is that he is hurt, or has other "issues." Guys like that just don't get benched, unless the other guy is a superstar that we never heard of.

The problem has been rumored (ross tucker) that Ugoh isn't picking some things up and has a little dog in him in terms of work ethic. Johnson tries harder but he has less ability.

Issues might be the correct answer, I read some articles and the coaches weren't happy with his consistency, but didn't expand what that inconsistency was all about. All articles were very vague about it. But the talent is definitely there.

The problem has been rumored (ross tucker) that Ugoh isn't picking some things up and has a little dog in him in terms of work ethic. Johnson tries harder but he has less ability.

I have been away for 6 days so I've been out of the loop. Thanks for ths info. Ugoh can play. Again, guys like that don't just get benched. I would tread lightly in terms of trade talk, etc. This is the guy who protects Peyton Manning. The Colts wouldn't let him go unless there were major problems. Jmo.

I have been away for 6 days so I've been out of the loop. Thanks for ths info. Ugoh can play. Again, guys like that don't just get benched. I would tread lightly in terms of trade talk, etc. This is the guy who protects Peyton Manning. The Colts wouldn't let him go unless there were major problems. Jmo.

Rumors at first was that he was being moved to RT but as their TC wore on he was just being demoted to second string.

The guy has talent, we seemingly have good relationship with Polian even if Marv isn't here anymore and he plays in a no huddle offense. I think it makes sense to at least ask the Colts what's the situation with him.

Rumors at first was that he was being moved to RT but as their TC wore on he was just being demoted to second string.

The guy has talent, we seemingly have good relationship with Polian even if Marv isn't here anymore and he plays in a no huddle offense. I think it makes sense to at least ask the Colts what's the situation with him.

That makes sense, but I would be hesitant to give up too much for a guy who could break the bank if he has his head on straight. Tarik Glenn made a s-itload of money protecting the blind side of a sure first ballot hall of fame qb. If this guy is messed up enough to jepordize this, I for one have immediate misgivings.

Man, you really are incapable of conceding ANY point with respect to the Bills front office. I don't claim they're good (or even average), but 3 of the top 4 picks this year were on the lines, and Dan directly addressed your comments about the "quantity over quality" FA acquisitions.

It's okay to be critical, but it's not okay to be so stubborn it's no longer any use to engage you in discussion.

Rookies historically do not make an impact in the NFL until their 2nd or 3rd season, with the exception perhaps of RB's. Therefore, expecting rookies to come in an make a positive difference is foolish. But because they're new and highly touted fans believe they can be counted on to play at a high level.

Buffalo has been rebuilding off the TD regime for 4 off-seasons. Why did it take that long to figure out they actually needed to draft OL? I won't even go into the pass-rush issues.

We have a front office that's not even average with a coaching staff which isn't good, and rookies OL are going to turn this thing around? No, not quite.

This is a bit depressing to me.

The Bills lost Peters (we can argue, but at a minimum, a solid LT), so you would think that they would try to find a replacement for him at LT. Instead, they move Walker who was ok at RT, back to a position he could not handle when he played for the Raiders. Then the Bills draft Wood (a good move) and then Levitre (another guard, and they moved up to the second round to draft him). But Levitre has never played guard, and there may be issues about his size and ability to play guard. If playing Bell was a possibility, why did we draft Levitre? Picking up a LT in the draft or in free agency would have made a lot more sense. There would have been no need to draft Levitre, Butler could have stayed at guard, and Walker could have stayed at RT. Now we have a mess, and our LT will either be a project who may not be ready, or a veteran who does not want to play at that position and likely should not be playing at that position.

Go Big Red!