Preferential Treatment of TO?

GG

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Total fluke. Expect the story to bet delivered tomorrow.

My concern is that the resentment may start to build among the players. Bruce got the benefit of doubt because he grew up with the team. I can't shake the view that TO is a mercenary - a good one at that, but certainly not a player who would bleed Bills red white & blue.

when the rest of the players don't suck anymore, they can complain. starting with denny and shoebel

Interesting to hear, but a total non-story. And TO's toe was most likely actually hurt. I doubt he'd twitter play-by-plays, or even pics, of his treatment if it weren't.

You mean the twitter pictures of his pedicure? Is that a sanctioned rehab exercise?

IMO... he is fine. The Bills are keeping him off the field so Belicheat cannot gameplan against Buffalos new offense.

Thats what I think will come out later on during the season

This is what I think as well.

No sense in playing him now anyway.

TO and Bills brass is playing this right

No way he plays in a game until Monday night in Boston.

as soon as ANY of our other players consistently perform at the level that TO has, they can get preferential treatment too.

id be surprised if any player was offended by the way we're handling TO since none of them are even close to his level of play.

Amen...just have to say Amen

TO is a short timer. He's not gonna risk an unnecessary injury when he's playing for his last big contract next year. He certainly isn't gonna risk it against the hard hitting Steelers. I expect him to come back against the not so competitive Detroit Lions.

Interesting nugget from today's Wawrow piece on the front page:

"Owens worked inside the Bills field house while the team spent most of the session outdoors in a persistent rain."

It was understood that he would command prima dona status, but there is a breaking point where the team mates won't tolerate the obvious preferential treatment.

Separate practice time. Didn't have to be with the team during practice until this week. Was he in the press box for the Chicago game? Did he go to Green Bay? Little by little it will add up.

lets see how this headline would read...

Biggest free agent acquisition in Buffalo Bills histroy further aggrevates turf toe injury while attempting to practice outdoors in the rain during the preseason.

Grow up

Is anyone else absolutely shocked that the Bills practiced in the rain?

and impressed...Jauron FINALLY wants to get the team used to playing in the elements? I'll be interested to see if they do some practice in the snow for a change...like every other Bills coach used to do

lets see how this headline would read...

Biggest free agent acquisition in Buffalo Bills histroy further aggrevates turf toe injury while attempting to practice outdoors in the rain during the preseason.

Grow up

No doubt....I'd much rather them take it extra cautious with him in preseason if it helps him in the regular season. It's not like we're talking about some guy who needs the work. He and Trent may not have the chemistry of Kelly and Reed, but they do seem to be on the same page.

I'm not saying that it was necessarily preferential treatment inciting jealousy, but I thought this was kind of strange

He hasn't been even out on the practice field because he couldn't stand on it? That's one serious toe injury :thumbsup: Maybe they could give him a chair or something to lean on...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...20-98f9dfe9810c

A toe injury ended Jack Lambert's career. Foot problems are nothing to be scoffed at when you're talking about someone performing at the highest levels of sports.

"Owens worked inside the Bills field house while the team spent most of the session outdoors in a persistent rain."

It was understood that he would command prima dona status, but there is a breaking point where the team mates won't tolerate the obvious preferential treatment.

Separate practice time. Didn't have to be with the team during practice until this week. Was he in the press box for the Chicago game? Did he go to Green Bay? Little by little it will add up.

the guy is the key to our season and especially our offense and people want to take chances on a possible year long problem no thanks.

i think the bills are doing the right thing!

I don't think there is any question he is a mercenary. This is a one year experiment. Even if all goes well and they finish 9-7 or even 10-6. I don't think he'll be back....but it will at least show the team that Evans is better suited as a number 2 guy and we need a stud #1 to make the offense go. Then you go after Boldin or Colston or the like.

how about we franchaise TO???????????

To reiterate the point, which many are missing.

It's not whether the Bills are doing the right or wrong to treat TO's injury, it's how his treatment and handling is perceived by the rest of the team. Athletes are human, and resentment does set in among the players when someone gets preferential treatment.

Don't use Bruce Smith in Buffalo as an example, but look at Michael Jordan as a Wizard, or Magic's second stint with the Lakers. Or how about the warm welcome Saint Brett is now getting in Minny.

To reiterate the point, which many are missing.

It's not whether the Bills are doing the right or wrong to treat TO's injury, it's how his treatment and handling is perceived by the rest of the team. Athletes are human, and resentment does set in among the players when someone gets preferential treatment.

Don't use Bruce Smith in Buffalo as an example, but look at Michael Jordan as a Wizard, or Magic's second stint with the Lakers. Or how about the warm welcome Saint Brett is now getting in Minny.

How about using James Hardy as an example. Sounds like TO is getting the same treatment as the bum whose number he took.

You can't honestly say you are surprised can you? This is the same guy they gave a key to the city to before he ever donned a Bills helmet. The organization is scared sh*tless that he will be "himself" and start throwing people under busses and completely ruin what little chemistry there is. I have been saying since minutes after they signed him, in due time it will be obvious that it was a big mistake. As a lifelong Bills fan, I certainly hope not, but history speaks for itself. From alot of peoples viewpoint, the fans and the city of Buffalo have made a fool of themselves, a key to the city, a cereal product, shirts everywhere-and this for a guy that has completely destroyed 3 different teams seasons and tried his best to ruin the QB's there too. I really hope it works out, because I am as tired of losing as any other Bills fan on this planet, but I am holding my breath and crossing my fingers.

as soon as ANY of our other players consistently perform at the level that TO has, they can get preferential treatment too.

id be surprised if any player was offended by the way we're handling TO since none of them are even close to his level of play.

Moorman is the only player on this team that has come the slightest bit close to his level, but a punter's not gonna complain about someone else not practicing. :thumbsup:

Total fluke. Expect the story to bet delivered tomorrow.

My concern is that the resentment may start to build among the players. Bruce got the benefit of doubt because he grew up with the team. I can't shake the view that TO is a mercenary - a good one at that, but certainly not a player who would bleed Bills red white & blue.

Open your eyes, please. All NFL players are mercenaries. This is 2009, not 1969. Geez. This isn't high school--NFL players don't bleed the school colors. Wait until McGee passes on $6-7MILLION per year to stay with the Bills because he can get $8-9million per year by leaving. It will be a simple decision and the Bills will gladly let him go. Lots of "loyalty" on both sides will be displayed I'm sure :thumbsup: . Out.