Official Trent Edwards Excuse Thread...

Alphadawg7

Guest dog14787
for what it's worth (not much at all):

according to pro-football-reference.com, trent edwards does not have a winning record (at least in the splits page).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...dwaTr01/splits/

for whatever weird reason, on his main page it says he's 12-11. :shrug:

TE has actually started 24 games, some sites list him at 12-11 because I'm assuming they don't take the Arizona game into account because he went 3 for 3 before getting mowed over and injured, JP Losman went on to lose. The loss is assigned to TE and technically I suppose it should be. The same site does give Losman the Arizona loss so go figure.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest thing on this board that I have seen time and time again is the growing list of threads making another excuse for Trent Christ to explain his frequent below average play. For every one good game he has 4 bad games (literally), but the excuse makers hold on to the one good game as "the real Trent" and make excuses and blame others for his bad games. So, rather than have dozens of threads making excuses for him, here is a chance to list em all. This way when he has a bad game we can all just come to this thread and find out who's fault it really was...lmao

To get you started, here are some popular ones, including the most recent I saw that inspired this thread...

1. Turk

2. DJ

3. Gameday Preperation

4. Jason Peters Holdout

5. And the most recent and my favorite...Lee Evans isnt good enough

I could easily list another dozen, but will let others...

I am just wondering when everyone is going to stop blaming everyone else for his struggles and realize the kid hasnt put it together yet and he is still a stuggling young QB. Hopefully he gets there, our season depends on it, but I havent seen anything in the Preseason that suggests he has improved on his worst attribute which is reading the defense. He doesnt see coverages well or fast enough causing him to make throws late (when going downfield), not see open recievers, check down too often, and hold the ball too long leading to bad sacks and lots of fumbles.

The funniest thing on this board that I have seen time and time again is the growing list of threads making another excuse for Trent Christ to explain his frequent below average play. For every one good game he has 4 bad games (literally), but the excuse makers hold on to the one good game as "the real Trent" and make excuses and blame others for his bad games. So, rather than have dozens of threads making excuses for him, here is a chance to list em all. This way when he has a bad game we can all just come to this thread and find out who's fault it really was...lmao

To get you started, here are some popular ones, including the most recent I saw that inspired this thread...

1. Turk

2. DJ

3. Gameday Preperation

4. Jason Peters Holdout

5. And the most recent and my favorite...Lee Evans isnt good enough

I could easily list another dozen, but will let others...

I am just wondering when everyone is going to stop blaming everyone else for his struggles and realize the kid hasnt put it together yet and he is still a stuggling young QB. Hopefully he gets there, our season depends on it, but I havent seen anything in the Preseason that suggests he has improved on his worst attribute which is reading the defense. He doesnt see coverages well or fast enough causing him to make throws late (when going downfield), not see open recievers, check down too often, and hold the ball too long leading to bad sacks and lots of fumbles.

The biggest problem with Trentative was simply that so many people loved him because he was "notJPLosman." Just because one guy is "better than the last guy" doesn't mean he is any good.

A 4 is prettier than a 3, but the 4 is still ugly.

And the biggest reason YOU hate Trent is because you hold onto the memories of JP Losman like a cherished prom moment...let it go

TE has actually started 24 games, some sites list him at 12-11 because I'm assuming they don't take the Arizona game into account because he went 3 for 3 before getting mowed over and injured, JP Losman went on to lose. The loss is assigned to TE and technically I suppose it should be. The same site does give Losman the Arizona loss so go figure.

PFR had him at 24 games, 23 starts, which matches the official Bills stats. He played in 10 games in 2007, starting nine after coming into the first New England game in relief of an injured Losman.

And if you're going to note Losman's loss in Arizona, you might also want to put an asterisk next to the second Jets game in 2007. Losman entered with the game tied 3-3 and the Bills ended up winning 13-3, accounting for one of the wins on Edwards' record.

How about the Jets game 2 years ago. The Bills were losing until JP came in for an injured Trent & won the game. Did they give Trent credit for that win?

Guest dog14787
PFR had him at 24 games, 23 starts, which matches the official Bills stats. He played in 10 games in 2007, starting nine after coming into the first New England game in relief of an injured Losman.

And if you're going to note Losman's loss in Arizona, you might also want to put an asterisk next to the second Jets game in 2007. Losman entered with the game tied 3-3 and the Bills ended up winning 13-3, accounting for one of the wins on Edwards' record.

I wasn't trying to pad TE's win/loss, just account for the game. It seems odd to me TE would start, but not get credit for the loss in Arizona. Technically it seems like he should, there is a difference in the preparation a starter gets compared to the backup.

Although, technically the NFL doesn't actually acknowledge QB win/loss record officially so what am I even saying.

I wasn't trying to pad TE's win/loss, just account for the game. It seems odd to me TE would start, but not get credit for the loss in Arizona. Technically it seems like he should, there is a difference in the preparation a starter gets compared to the backup.
Trent's not 0-3 against the Pats, he's 0-2. JP started & lost both games in 2007, I think that's where the PFR splits page is wrong.

And the biggest reason YOU hate Trent is because you hold onto the memories of JP Losman like a cherished prom moment...let it go

"What's wrong with cherishing a prom moment? It was like the best moment of my life! God!"

Regards,

Napoleon Dynamite

WAR to Uncle Rico hooking up with all of Napoleon's friends moms

Apparently! Wow, that is optimism! And if you don't agree, you must not watch the games.

Eric Flowers should be a diallowed screen name around here. Nothing personal. But I'd flag the data base to reject the name. Perhaps that's a thread all its own; the "What Screen Names of Past Players Should be Barred from TSW?" thread.

MODS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Eric Flowers should be a diallowed screen name around here. Nothing personal. But I'd flag the data base to reject the name. Perhaps that's a thread all its own; the "What Screen Names of Past Players Should be Barred from TSW?" thread.

MODS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

"It's Erik, not Eric!"

Regards,

Ryne, not Ryan

"It's Erik, not Eric!"

Regards,

Ryne, not Ryan

Hey, take it up the the member known as "Eric Flowers."

Good catch, though. The mods will need to flag both spellings to bar it.

GO BILLS!!!

My belief? I've known all along the NFL doesn't keep win loss records for QB's.

So let me get this straight, its impossible for you to comprehend that in TE's first 23 game starts he has won more games than Peyton's first 23 game starts, is this what you are telling me.

:lol:

OMG, seriously?

What I am saying, in plain English, that I'm sure you'll find a way to misunderstand, misinterperet, or finagle to support your point, is this: in season two, the QBs you brought up took their teams to the playoffs and won 11+ games. If you watched them play, which by your posts I highly doubt, it is abundantly clear that each displayed a level of play far exceeding that of Trent Edwards. The statistics also support this, as does the team's overall record during season two.

Furthermore, I showed you that each QB to whom you compared Trent--except for Peyton Manning--started the same or fewer games their rookie seasons...and each of them was/is CLEARLY better than Trent during season 2. This is not a debatable point, which I'm 100% certain is why you won't respond to it. Each time I show you the reality of the comparison YOU made, you just ignore it.

The only way you can find to get around the truth is to chop Peyton Manning's 2nd season in half (a season in which his team went 13-3), tack on his rookie year in which he played for a team that went 1-15 the season before he arrived, and say that Edwards has a better record as a starter than Manning through 23 games. And somehow, some way, dispite all of the logical, accurate, and comparitive statistics, you still feel like that is a barometer to compare the two QBs.

Forgive me if I think you're nuts.

I'm done here.

Nope. I just simply haven't seen enough out of trentative to classify him as anything other than a huge question mark. He checks down waay too early, refuses to throw downfield, waits until a WR is wide open before throwing, and usually stares down his first read. He doesn't go through his progressions at all. He tends to run a one read and check down style of play.

As for the Losman stats, those were merely a reply to the idiot trying to show trentative was some great QB because he had a better W-L record than Jim Kelly. :lol: Either way, i hope Trentative tops JPs statistical #s from 2006, because if he doesn't, this team will be in a world of hurt and we'll be QB hunting next offseason with the new coach.

The problem when you have a team that sucks at nearly every position, plus coaching, plus management, plus ownership, is that singling out any individual's suckitude over another's is not so easy. What I find laughable are the blind fools who can look at these Washington Generals running around in Donahoe clown suits and unconditionally "Billieve" that this season will somehow be different.

Trentative AND the rest of the rabble in the organization, from top to bottom, on the field and off, all suck with very few exceptions.