Fred Jackson leaves practice with injury

cmjoyce113

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Our strength and conditioning coaches don't pay enough attention to hands. Also, I've heard the practices are really grueling, so you could probably just blame the entire coaching staff.

:thumbsup:

Seriously, though, Cave, on a side note regardless of injuries, does this seem like one of the most well conditioned teams you've seen in the league the last few years?

After the Mularky debacle that sent Rusty away, how has their conditioning been?

Seriously, though, Cave, on a side note regardless of injuries, does this seem like one of the most well conditioned teams you've seen in the league the last few years?

After the Mularky debacle that sent Rusty away, how has their conditioning been?

No, they don't appear to be in great shape. You'll see in my next post that I also miss Rusty. Just saying this injury isn't a result of poor conditioning.

No, they don't appear to be in great shape. You'll see in my next post that I also miss Rusty. Just saying this injury isn't a result of poor conditioning.

Absolutely agree that it did not have anything to do with it.

Man, how F'd up was that, CC, when Rusty left? Then when you hear Reuben Brown talk about Rusty he mentions how much they loved him in Chicago.

Why'd ya do it, Coach Mike? Just so you could replace a highly rated veteran coach with a buddy of yours?

:)

Why'd ya do it, Coach Mike? Just so you could replace a highly rated veteran coach with a buddy of yours?

:)

Yeah, and unfortunately it happens far too often across the league, coaches coming in an cleaning house. It's seen as kind of a per, being able to hand jobs to all the guys that helped you along the way. Fortunately for Rusty, he was able to move on; hopefully he was better compensated after leaving the Bills.

Do you know that to be true or are you just having diarrhea of the mouth?

I know this to be true:

"2. I don't need to assume that we have had more injuries than every other team over the past couple of years. It is a documented fact.

2007: 17 players on IR. Including 10 starters....this is an extraordinary amount. ...http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/injuries;_ylt=AgV5gOF6_mgUfpFg8QeYubt.2bYF (2007) -----LED THE LEAGUE-------

2008: While last year was better in terms of players placed on IR. We still had 10 by the end of the year and 9 when this article was written. In additions, impact players such as Jabari Greer, Donte Whitner, Terrance McGee and Trent Edwards all missed significant time (several weeks.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/inju...Yubt.2bYF"

Although my mouth does occasionally spew diarrhea! :)

From Dick Jauron via Chris Brown:

"It’s a little bit above the thumb so I don’t want to say it’s a thumb. He had fine movement in the thumb, so it’s more up in the wrist area.”

Um, not to pick nits but wouldn't above the thumb be, like, air? I don't know about you, but I find my wrist is below my thumb.

Fred Jackson, who had been dealing with a sore wrist and thumb had the ailment re-aggravated on Tuesday in practice when he was hit by Donte Whitner on a running play.

Jackson was in serious pain and stayed down on the turf for a bit before getting to his feet and heading to the locker room with trainers.

“Fred got hit in the thumb and we’re hoping it’s okay,” said head coach Dick Jauron. “They took him in and looked at it and they’ll probably x-ray it too. It’s a little bit above the thumb so I don’t want to say it’s a thumb. He had fine movement in the thumb, so it’s more up in the wrist area.”

Jackson’s wrist was heavily taped going into practice Tuesday. More is expected to be known on Wednesday.

From Dick Jauron via Chris Brown:

"It’s a little bit above the thumb so I don’t want to say it’s a thumb. He had fine movement in the thumb, so it’s more up in the wrist area.”

Um, not to pick nits but wouldn't above the thumb be, like, air? I don't know about you, but I find my wrist is below my thumb.

Not in medical terms. The wrist is 'proximal' to the thumb relative to the anatomic position.

Look it up, Thurman.

GO BILLS!!!

Does Fred post as NavyBillsFan?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=94258

Broke my thumb right at the knuckle at PT today. It blew right up.

Possible operation w/ a screw or pin...

Anyone ever do something like this before? Doc said it looked like I had a fracture and I put enough stress on it to pop the piece of bone off.

How long of a recovery am I looking at?

Not in medical terms. The wrist is 'proximal' to the thumb relative to the anatomic position.

Look it up, Thurman.

GO BILLS!!!

I did look it up. :) This seems to say that the scaphoid bone is "below the thumb."

The radial collateral ligament (RCL) is on the thumb side of the wrist. It starts on the outer edge of the radius on a small bump called the radial styloid. It connects to the side of the scaphoid, the carpal bone below the thumb. The RCL prevents the wrist from bending too far to the side (away from the thumb).

http://www.eorthopod.com/public/patient_ed...st_anatomy.html