Cowher should be a realistic option for Bills

Pitta

I hope Jauron & company proves everyone wrong and makes the playoffs. But if somehow he doesn't, I could sell a guy like Cowher on the Bills job in a hour.

I would just tell him how great of a blue collar family town this is, how much the Bills mean to this community, the young talent, control over personnel, have Jimbo & Thurman talked to him, show the Norwood rally, and say he could literally save the Bills from moving. He could be a hero here. He's probably pay to coach after that speech.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Jauron & company proves everyone wrong and makes the playoffs. But if somehow he doesn't, I could sell a guy like Cowher on the Bills job in a hour.

I would just tell him how great of a blue collar family town this is, how much the Bills mean to this community, the young talent, control over personnel, have Jimbo & Thurman talked to him, show the Norwood rally, and say he could literally save the Bills from moving. He could be a hero here. He's probably pay to coach after that speech.

I think Cowher and just about every other American (or human) is about the money. Offer him the dosh, he'll come.

Don't, he won't.

He has an agent too just like Maybin. You wont even get to make your speeech to him without speaking to the agent first.

Sorry to dissillusion you but we live in a capitalist society.

I think Cowher and just about every other American (or human) is about the money. Offer him the dosh, he'll come.

Don't, he won't.

He has an agent too just like Maybin. You wont even get to make your speeech to him without speaking to the agent first.

Sorry to dissillusion you but we live in a capitalist society.

Are you sure about that?

I'm sure you could....but Ralph still has to pay him. If Jauron get's a pink slip, get ready for another coordinator that the Bills feel is an up and comer...since they cost less... Cowher and all the big names like Shanahan or Holmgren are just pipedreams.

i was thinking about this very topic on my bike ride today. does ralph really give enough of a sh-- to bring us a real coach after this train finally derails and blows up?

i tried to convince myself he would, but deep down, everyone here knows the truth.

so you think Ralph who doesnt have a history of paying high priced coaches is going to pay Cowher what it would take to get him on top of what he will have to pay Jauron for the remaining two years of his deal assuming he gets fired after this season

you think that is realistic?.....keep dreaming bc you have a better shot of winning the lottery then that happening

the Bills next coach will be another retread like Dom Capers or another Co-ordinator who has never been a head coach that will come cheap

I bet Ralph will have 5 (7 or 8?) million reasons each year why Cowher will not be the next coach.

Personally I dont see this getting much better until a new owner comes in and cleans house and has the desire to demand excellence from the HC down to the water boy.

RW is a HOF owner, but I think he is just glad he wakes up each morning and doesn't have the gusto anymore to fly around lighting fires under people's asses anymore.

Actually I've changed my tune on this. I'd love to see the Bills hire Cowher for a year.

Just to watch him mangle a team with average talent to a 4-12 record so the rest of the world can see what everybody in Western Pennsylvania already knows. He's a complete idiot.

Actually I've changed my tune on this. I'd love to see the Bills hire Cowher for a year.

Just to watch him mangle a team with average talent to a 4-12 record so the rest of the world can see what everybody in Western Pennsylvania already knows. He's a complete idiot.

Seems to have a career winning record, has won a SB, and left a team that essentially intact won another SB the next year.

I'd rather have that kind of idiot than the kind we have year after year.

Don't see the validity of your argument that Cowher sucks, at all.

Seems to have a career winning record, has won a SB, and left a team that essentially intact won another SB the next year.

I'd rather have that kind of idiot than the kind we have year after year.

Don't see the validity of your argument that Cowher sucks, at all.

He was given arguably the very best talent in the NFL for his entire career and even playing in the league's weakest division it took him 15 years to finally win a title. And the only reason he got a ring is because Dick LeBeau won it for him. His last year in P'burgh he missed the playoffs and dragged teh Stillers down to 3rd in the division. The next year a 35 year old rookie head coach won the division with the same team and then won a Super Bowl in his second year whereas it took Cowher 15 years with twice as much talent.

If you lived in Western Pennsytlucky and got to watch him butcher games week in and week out then regularly get his ass whipped when he faced equal talent, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Even the Stiller fans were glad to see him go and don't want him back; and he's from Pittsburgh!

He's arguably the most wildly overrated coach in the modern history of the NFL.

He was given arguably the very best talent in the NFL for his entire career and even playing in the league's weakest division it took him 15 years to finally win a title. And the only reason he got a ring is because Dick LeBeau won it for him. His last year in P'burgh he missed the playoffs and dragged teh Stillers down to 3rd in the division. The next year a 35 year old rookie head coach won the division with the same team and then won a Super Bowl in his second year whereas it took Cowher 15 years with twice as much talent.

If you lived in Western Pennsytlucky and got to watch him butcher games week in and week out then regularly get his ass whipped when he faced equal talent, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Even the Stiller fans were glad to see him go and don't want him back; and he's from Pittsburgh!

He's arguably the most wildly overrated coach in the modern history of the NFL.

I actually agree with you somewhat on this one Simon. I have always thought of him as an above average coach though.Highly overrated and thought of as an effup until the Steelers stole that SB.

That being said it is so frustrating watching Jauron and his anal retentive/mediocre coaching -it would be really great to see Cowher out there at least yelling at some people.

I actually agree with you somewhat on this one Simon. I have always thought of him as an above average coach though.Highly overrated and thought of as an effup until the Steelers stole that SB.

That being said it is so frustrating watching Jauron and his anal retentive/mediocre coaching -it would be really great to see Cowher out there at least yelling at some people.

He could yell all day but he still wouldn't take this team anywhere closer to the playoffs than Jauron, imo. He'd just look like an assh0le in the process. <_<

He could yell all day but he still wouldn't take this team anywhere closer to the playoffs than Jauron, imo. He'd just look like an assh0le in the process. <_<

Ok you make a compelling argument regarding Cowher.

But that does not mean that DJ does not look like an ahole week after week too, just an ahole of a different color.

DJs press conferences make me ill almost every time.