Who Do You Want?

DJ is a teacher. This core of players is being taught this season. 8-8 this season and then a winner comes to Buffalo. Here are the choices:

Shannahan: Would install a west coast offense using TEs and a great running game (one cut to north south). Would score points and scare Miami and the Pats.

Cowher: Would be an aggressive blitzing defense. The offensive line would be physical and dominate. Good special teams, just a hard team that would be in every game and win about 9 -11 games per season.

Holmgren: West coast offense. Would want to GM as well. Would have a boring style of play -- but he was good in a small town before --- see GREEN BAY.

Gruden: West coast offense. Would be a drill sargent. Knows good players and would install a very good ground game. He was great with the Raiders where he made Ty Wheatley an all pro overnight.

Dungy: Chill guy who asks for maturity on the team. Would instill a winning attitude. It helped that he had Peyton Manning. I don't think Dungy is any better/worse than Herm Edwards -- who stunk as a pro coach.

Buffalo will get one of these guys next season.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ is a teacher. This core of players is being taught this season. 8-8 this season and then a winner comes to Buffalo. Here are the choices:

Shannahan: Would install a west coast offense using TEs and a great running game (one cut to north south). Would score points and scare Miami and the Pats.

Cowher: Would be an aggressive blitzing defense. The offensive line would be physical and dominate. Good special teams, just a hard team that would be in every game and win about 9 -11 games per season.

Holmgren: West coast offense. Would want to GM as well. Would have a boring style of play -- but he was good in a small town before --- see GREEN BAY.

Gruden: West coa

Cowher :sick:

Gruden: West coa

Chuckie...He's the anti-Jauron... :sick:

Of those guys, I'd want Cowher probably, but any of them will be infinitely better than whomever the Bills actually hire.

You better add a few names to the list that will cost a LOT less if you want this to be at all realistic. All those guys will not only cost way more than Ralph will ever pay a head coach, but they will also want far more control than he will give them. For instance, none of them will stand for the owner sitting in the draft room overruling scouts, one of Ralph's hobbies.

Gruden: West coast offense. Would be a drill sargent. Knows good players and would install a very good ground game. He was great with the Raiders where he made Ty Wheatley an all pro overnight.

Dungy: Chill guy who asks for maturity on the team. Would instill a winning attitude. It helped that he had Peyton Manning. I don't think Dungy is any better/worse than Herm Edwards -- who stunk as a pro coach.

Gruden or Cowher. Both solid coaches who are FIREY.Buffalo needs FIREY!!!!

Holmgren---awful GM

Dungy-an improved version of Jauron

Shannahan---hmmm tempting...probbly choice #3

Surely you jest. In your hypothetical world, however, I would take Shanahan. Denver was stupid for getting rid of him.

the only thing that will fix the bills is to get a new owner and hope he keeps them in buffalo. wilson is and always has been an idiot

In this make believe exercise, I would take Cowher due to his Northeast style of play. More likely would be Mike Nolan or Marty Moningwig, they would come cheap, be easily controlled and we would not be competing with anyone for their services.

I will bet every penny I ever make in my life that we do not get any of these coaches...ESPECIALLY Cowher, Dungy and Holmgren.