Who will be the Bill's starting QB in 2010?

trock12

Tebow is not an NFL quarterback. probably Bradford

I'll go against everyone here and say that McCoy is going to be the best of the QBs from next years draft class. Bradford got slightly nudged once or twice all of last year, not to mention he has the build of a 12 year old girl. Drop him behind our O-line and he's down for the count early.

That being said, let's give Trent a few games this season before we Consider his replacement.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next week TO will be back and Trent will have several nice throws and he will look like he may have a nice year this season.

I hope You're right...

Even more so I hope it happens in Weeks 1-17...

I also hope I'll Win the Lottery...Just thought I'd throw that in... <_<

Guest dog14787
Next week TO will be back and Trent will have several nice throws and move the team and probably throw a TD and he will look like he may have a nice year this season.

True, without T.O. we are average on offense, I think we already knew as much. We need a TE, we know that also, so even though the game went to the home team with all the momentum, a game like this helps Buffalo. We sill have a long way to go and a short time to get there and evaluating players is what its all about in the preseason. Finding out who faces adversity well is all part of the game.

Bills best player on the football field tonight was Jonathan Stupar.

Guest dog14787
You must be Santa Claus. :nana:

O.K. , I was being a little generous, but if I was Santa we wouldn't keep missing the playoffs. <_<

After yet another horrific offensive display, does anyone actually think TE will make it through the season, let alone start in 2010?

No, he will most certainly get injured (2 for 2 with injuries per season) or even get pulled mid way when the Bills are 1-7 and Jauron is coaching to save his job. Fitzpatrick runs this offense much better than Trent anyway and is not afraid to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage. Not that anyone on this soft team can get the job done with Dick "Career Loser" Jauron at the helm.

Hopefully a guy who is willing to throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield when a receiver is not wide open....you know like all the other QB's in the NFL...for christ sake, this isn't high school or the college where receivers get 8 yards of separation...throw the frigging ball...

Wait wait wait... we need a new QB because Trent threw a pick and got sacked a bunch of times. Right. How about our defense not allow 24 points in a single half. I get that fumbles and interceptions make it very hard, but had they allowed 4 field goals, instead of 3 touchdowns and a field goal, they would have been in the game still.

I think it's a riot watching how some Bills' fans (note the proper use) operate. You're up and down every week... you're like dramatic women. It's always the best thing ever or worst thing ever.

Can some of you, emphasis on SOME, take a breath and not react with stupid over dramatic doom and gloom scenarios where we immediately need a new QB because ours had a rough game? QB's throw INT's and have tough games, from Tom Brady to Philip Rivers. They have teams that back them up though and give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Don't tell me for one second you all can't think back to Kelly and how many times he'd freaking SUCK to start a game but the team would rally, give him a chance, and by the end he'd have great numbers and a win. Is Edwards Kelly? No, but who knows. My point here is they need to rally as a team when stuff goes bad and find a way to win. Someone needs to make a play when Trent throws a pick, Jackson Fumbles, or the O-Line fails. When the defense goes sour we need to make plays on offense too. This game was a failure on both side of the ball, not a failure of the QB. EVERYONE SUCKED.

Tim Teabow will not save this football team... especially as a rookie. One player will not fix this team. Oh, and BTW, since when did a preseason game dictate how an entire season will go? That's why it's preseason... we talkin' 'bout practice...

Why are we always looking for the next shiny toy to fix this team? They don't need shiny over priced first round draft picks, they need gritty hard working team first players. I don't know yet if they have those, because it's preseason. Rookie QB's are a toss up anyway.

If TE does fail, I'm more interested in what QB is a free agent in 2010. Are there any proven guys out there? Fine we might draft a guy in this hypothetical scenario, but we can't rely on a rookie.

Wait wait wait... we need a new QB because Trent threw a pick and got sacked a bunch of times. Right. How about our defense not allow 24 points in a single half. I get that fumbles and interceptions make it very hard, but had they allowed 4 field goals, instead of 3 touchdowns and a field goal, they would have been in the game still.

I think it's a riot watching how some Bills' fans (note the proper use) operate. You're up and down every week... you're like dramatic women. It's always the best thing ever or worst thing ever.

Can some of you, emphasis on SOME, take a breath and not react with stupid over dramatic doom and gloom scenarios where we immediately need a new QB because ours had a rough game? QB's throw INT's and have tough games, from Tom Brady to Philip Rivers. They have teams that back them up though and give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Don't tell me for one second you all can't think back to Kelly and how many times he'd freaking SUCK to start a game but the team would rally, give him a chance, and by the end he'd have great numbers and a win. Is Edwards Kelly? No, but who knows. My point here is they need to rally as a team when stuff goes bad and find a way to win. Someone needs to make a play when Trent throws a pick, Jackson Fumbles, or the O-Line fails. When the defense goes sour we need to make plays on offense too. This game was a failure on both side of the ball, not a failure of the QB. EVERYONE SUCKED.

Tim Teabow will not save this football team... especially as a rookie. One player will not fix this team. Oh, and BTW, since when did a preseason game dictate how an entire season will go? That's why it's preseason... we talkin' 'bout practice...

Why are we always looking for the next shiny toy to fix this team? They don't need shiny over priced first round draft picks, they need gritty hard working team first players. I don't know yet if they have those, because it's preseason. Rookie QB's are a toss up anyway.

If TE does fail, I'm more interested in what QB is a free agent in 2010. Are there any proven guys out there? Fine we might draft a guy in this hypothetical scenario, but we can't rely on a rookie.

Good post and I agree a 1st round QB is not the answer, firing Jauron is a start though. Is Dick Jauron the type of coach that wants gritty hard working players? Is he willing to draft/acquire tough guys like that? He seems so much of a finesse type coach.... the cover 2, the conservative offense etc etc. He is too cereberal to be a football coach, it's a barbaric game played by barbaric men. Somehow this toolbox ended up playing and then eventually coaching football, it's a depressing paradox.

Ray Maualuga, tough gritty hard hitter could have been picked twice by this team in the most recent draft, instead we go for a speed/finesse DE and two "high motor" offensive lineman and a CB, a position that this team was already extremely deep at.

Trent's not the answer, I was saying that 3 years ago! He has bad mechanics that will not allow him to be successful at the Pro level.

But Jaws loves him!

I do think Trent can be a good, productive QB in this league. Like most other players in the league,

you can only be as good as your supporting cast. It's not just TE, it's the O-line looking like swiss

cheese, receivers not being in the right spot, RB's who don't hit the hole, DB's consistently playing

too deep, ZERO pass rush and most important an inept coaching staff.

Give Trent the O-line of the early 90's Cowboys and I'm sure not many fans would have a problem

with his play.