Maybin Signed per ESPN

H2o

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How ever will they get through the day knowing you don't like them? They will just have to console themselves with all their money, future financial security and the achievement of their life's dream, playing in the NFL.

Wrong. Money will be small consolation when they learn that I don't like them. It will gnaw at their psyches day and night...

Just grabbed this off Footballguys.com...

ESPN.com is reporting The Buffalo Bills and first-round pick Aaron Maybin have reached agreeement on a five-year deal, according to a team source, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports. Maybin is expected to arrive at the Bills training facility in Orchard Park, N.Y., on Friday to sign the deal. He will not travel with the team to this weekend's preseason game at Green Bay. Our View: Aaron Maybin is a dynamic athlete, with room on his frame to get bigger. He is extremely quick off the line of scrimmage, and uses his hands well to rip past offensive linemen. Maybin is a hustle player that plays with a high motor, and has as much upside as any pass rusher taken in the draft. He is somewhat one-dimensional, and needs to play with better technique and discipline.

"Hustle player" "high motor" and "upside" all in the same sentence. They hit the trifecta.

I was going by this one: http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html. Do the printouts they give you still include Sam?

going off the one i got on wednesday at training camp, which is up to date, except Ryan Neill's gone and the guy they signed isn't on it, so that's a wash.

quadruple checked and counted to 80, including Maybin. ... Hardy is on PUP, and listed as such, so he doesn't count against the 80.

jw

Just grabbed this off Footballguys.com...

ESPN.com is reporting The Buffalo Bills and first-round pick Aaron Maybin have reached agreeement on a five-year deal, according to a team source, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports. Maybin is expected to arrive at the Bills training facility in Orchard Park, N.Y., on Friday to sign the deal. He will not travel with the team to this weekend's preseason game at Green Bay. Our View: Aaron Maybin is a dynamic athlete, with room on his frame to get bigger. He is extremely quick off the line of scrimmage, and uses his hands well to rip past offensive linemen. Maybin is a hustle player that plays with a high motor, and has as much upside as any pass rusher taken in the draft. He is somewhat one-dimensional, and needs to play with better technique and discipline.

"Hustle player" "high motor" and "upside" all in the same sentence. They hit the trifecta.

I guess this could partially explain why he is in Maryland right now

going off the one i got on wednesday at training camp, which is up to date, except Ryan Neill's gone and the guy they signed isn't on it, so that's a wash.

quadruple checked and counted to 80, including Maybin. ... Hardy is on PUP, and listed as such, so he doesn't count against the 80.

jw

Sam's inclusion on the Web site has to account for the difference, then. They've kept everything else up to date -- just added Neill's old No. 72 for Elimimian, in fact -- so I wonder why they haven't removed him?

And I'm sticking by my suspicions about PFT's theory: they counted to 81 and didn't look any further.

He has a lot to prove on the field, but that is not unlike every other rookie.

I think hate is a strong word but Maybin also has to prove he is going to give some effort. Between him and JAIrus Byrd, it now looks as if the Bills have drafted two lazy me me me types. Until they prove otherwise, we should be disappointed in them, but not hate them. I'm sure Poz' feelings towards Maybin might be a little more than disappointment, but probably not to the level of hate.

how is jairus byrd a lazy me me me type? because he was injured for most of training camp?

Hmmmmm. Via Twitter:

@buffalobillscom The Buffalo Bills are holding a press conference today at 1:45 PM in the Media Room at One Bills Drive. Media ONLY.

No details. Can't say for sure, but I don't think that notice was on the media homepage when I dropped by there earlier today.

I think hate is a strong word but Maybin also has to prove he is going to give some effort. Between him and JAIrus Byrd, it now looks as if the Bills have drafted two lazy me me me types. Until they prove otherwise, we should be disappointed in them, but not hate them. I'm sure Poz' feelings towards Maybin might be a little more than disappointment, but probably not to the level of hate.

LOL

Crayonz, I hope you type this stuff without a straight face.

i think maybin might get a few snaps in a real regular season game around week 3. I think his stat line at the end of the year will read something like this:

G GS TT ST AT SAC INT PD FF FR

7 0 18 7 11 0.5 0 0 0 1

pretty pathetic for a number one 11th overall pick. Hes going to be pretty much useless to our team this year. He will just help out by giving the starters a breather once in a while. Stupid future bust holdout idiot!

This is useful info, but could you give us Etukeren's 2009 stat line so we can compare?