How will Billicheck stop the no huddle?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just know he will have a plan, it might even be legal :unsure:

Considering they have played the Colts on many occasions, it won't be a surprise to them.

EDIT: BTW every coach has a plan to play the team they play, every week. Some coaches have better plans than others. But the no-huddle makes it tougher on the D, no matter what the plan.

Step 2 - Cut that receiver a week later.

Oh yeah, that's a given. Only after you convince him of how good he's going to look in the starting lineup.

Seriously though, I hope that the Bills are working on hand signals. A Monday night season opener may get a little loud.

I think the bigger question is....how are we going to stop them? Hell, if a miracle happens and we score 30 pts, where's the evidence that we can hold them under 40? This is basically the same defense.

It was funny, I was watching the Bucs game and John Lynch was the color man. He kept saying that the reason their Tampa 2 defense was so successful was because of their four man pass rush. And he went on to say that other teams shouldn't really copy that defense unless they can bring heat with their front four guys.....

Ummmmmmmm, ok then. I think this speaks volumes about our staff. :unsure:

Do you remember who stopped the no huddle in Super Bowl 25?

Someone was making the argument a couple of days ago that Belichick wasn't a good coach until Brady came along. I thought about, but didn't bother mentioning that accomplishment.

I think the bigger question is....how are we going to stop them? Hell, if a miracle happens and we score 30 pts, where's the evidence that we can hold them under 40? This is basically the same defense.

It was funny, I was watching the Bucs game and John Lynch was the color man. He kept saying that the reason their Tampa 2 defense was so successful was because of their four man pass rush. And he went on to say that other teams shouldn't really copy that defense unless they can bring heat with their front four guys.....

Ummmmmmmm, ok then. I think this speaks volumes about our staff. :unsure:

... add it to the list. :lol:

Praise you for making the most important post on the thread. Damn you for getting there before I did. Anything beyond your point is idiotic. If anyone can stop the no-huddle, it's the AntiChrist, cheating or not cheating. Get real, people. Two words:

"Wide Right"

I just want to say that I think, by far, Bill Belicheck is the best coach in the game today. So, this isn't to belittle what he did by helping to beat us in the SB.

However, the thing that really beat the Bills in the Superbowl was the Giants offensive gameplan. The Bills actually put up some offense in that game. It wasn't like it was shut down and ground to a halt. But, the fuggin Giants offense time consuming drives were incredible and painful. They kept the Bills offense off the field, and ate huge amounts of clock.

That was one of the best executed offensive plans in NFL history. And while BB did his part in kind of slowing down Reed, his best defense that day was the Giants offense. If the Bills would have had three more possessions that game, they most likely would have scored in the mid to upper 20's.

Belicheat was an incredible defensive coordinator. It should be noted that Parcells never won a Super Bowl without Bill B as his DC.

With that said, the Giants' D didn't "stop the no huddle" in SB 25. The Bills managed to gain 371 yards in that game, in under 20 minutes of total offensive possession time. The Bills gained an average of 6.6 yards per offensive play. The Giants managed 5.3 yards. But they had the ball for over 40 minutes.

The Giants running offense stopped the Bills in that game. That and 150 missed tackles of Ingram on a 3rd and long.

Anyone who thinks letting a team gain 371 yards in 20 minutes constitutes "stopping them" then they must think the Bills D is terrific.

Belicheat was an incredible defensive coordinator. It should be noted that Parcells never won a Super Bowl without Bill B as his DC.

With that said, the Giants' D didn't "stop the no huddle" in SB 25. The Bills managed to gain 371 yards in that game, in under 20 minutes of total offensive possession time. The Bills gained an average of 6.6 yards per offensive play. The Giants managed 5.3 yards. But they had the ball for over 40 minutes.

The Giants running offense stopped the Bills in that game. That and 150 missed tackles of Ingram on a 3rd and long.

Anyone who thinks letting a team gain 371 yards in 20 minutes constitutes "stopping them" then they must think the Bills D is terrific.

Beat you to it. LOL. But yeah, I made the almost exact same point as this in the post above yours! :unsure: I actually have told people that SB 25 was one of the most well played offensive SB's in the history of the game.