How will Billicheck stop the no huddle?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first part is true enough. Belichick has moved far past playing against the spirit of the rules...

And he has moved past the letter of the rules, as well. He is a stone cold, no remorse, cheater.

Exactly. And as the play is called at the line, the QB should be able to get a sense of the D before calling the play.

Not saying it will work, but it has advantages in that situation.

One thing I noticed is that a lot of people act like the Bills offense was just sprinting to the line and snapping the ball on every offensive play. They didn't. I just watched the Chicago game, and they were snapping the ball with single digits on the play clock most of the time, they just weren't "huddling". From what Tasker was saying, there were a couple of wrinkles:

1) On the first 3 plays you get to the line fast to keep the D from substituting (you could snap the ball while D players were out of position if you wanted, but you didn't snap the ball until single digits on the clock.

2) You played slow like this until you got a first down, then speed up to try to take advantage of tiring out their D line. I guess this gives the offense a temporary advantage by getting the D tired without putting your own D on the field in 40 seconds after a 3 and out like the K-Gun sometimes did.