Trent Edwards

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have I been? I have been watching this team since I was a little kid in the Rockpile.

Relax. It is preseason. TO was out. We are breaking in an offensive line with two wet behind the ears rookies. Trent did just fine. If you want to lose sleep over a 10 for 10 performance, go right ahead.

If you're were a kid at the rock pile I'm older than you, so I.ve seen

plenty of bad Bills teams, this team is headed nowhere

If you're were a kid at the rock pile I'm older than you, so I.ve seen

plenty of bad Bills teams, this team is headed nowhere

Good. Then you should have more perspective. The guy did just fine. If you want to worry about something, worry about whether our offensive line is going to be ready for the season and whether our defense is going to put pressure on the other team's QB.

If you need to put a smile on your face, check this out:

I hope this puts a smile on your face - I saw one of her movies for the first time yesterday

Not surprising that he would look like last year, because the big change for this year is TO. And he wasn't on the field tonight.

:) I was happy to see him get a couple hook ups with Evans. With TO on the field our offense is going to be nasty.

Very unimpressed with Edwards tonight. He continues to morph into Kelly Holcomb. He does not go through progressions, cannot find a man downfield, and will get Lynch killed by checking down so much. He is not showing he is an NFL QB. Then Fitzpatrick came in and showed how to get the ball out quickly.

I know it is just preseason and I would not be overly concerned, but this is a continuation of what we saw from Trent last year and from Losman for many years before that.

You may have had me until you compared him to Losman. When Trent started out, I also thought he was kelly holcomb, but KH never went 10-10. Losman may have made a big play or two, but he had a horrible completion %.

Are you happy with the offense production the last couple years?

What does that have to do with you bashing Trent after tonight's performance?

Of course I'm not happy with the team's offensive production from the last couple of years. But guess what they did to improve that? They got a guy named T. Owens, and drafted a couple of big fat guys to protect the quarterback. It'll probably take a few weeks to work out the kinks.

Why don't you let Trent have a couple more weeks in this new offense, with his new number one receiver, and his new offensive line before we throw him under the bus.

He didn't miss a pass, he didn't make any dumb throws, he picked up a couple of first downs with his feet, it was a good game. :)

Very unimpressed with Edwards tonight. He continues to morph into Kelly Holcomb. He does not go through progressions, cannot find a man downfield, and will get Lynch killed by checking down so much. He is not showing he is an NFL QB. Then Fitzpatrick came in and showed how to get the ball out quickly. I know it is just preseason and I would not be overly concerned, but this is a continuation of what we saw from Trent last year and from Losman for many years before that.

Given your choice of board name, it's safe to say that you're hardly an impartial observer of Trent Edwards. :thumbdown::)

Very unimpressed with Edwards tonight. He continues to morph into Kelly Holcomb. He does not go through progressions, cannot find a man downfield, and will get Lynch killed by checking down so much. He is not showing he is an NFL QB. Then Fitzpatrick came in and showed how to get the ball out quickly.

I know it is just preseason and I would not be overly concerned, but this is a continuation of what we saw from Trent last year and from Losman for many years before that.

So what would be impressive to you?

Maybe 8 TD's and 420 yards passing?

New offense, new line, no Terrell Owens and the 2nd preseason game of the 2009. Trent looked pretty damn good to me.

Did I mention 10 for 10?

“I thought we caught them off guard again,” said Edwards in reference to the opponent. “I think we need to continue to do that to try and get ourselves into shape where we can run that during the regular season too. ”

Edwards, however, downplayed his numbers.

“I think those kind of lie,” he said of his perfect passing statistics. “There were a couple of sacks in there that I could’ve got rid of the ball and I could’ve taken a couple of incompletions to save those sack statistics. But I thought for the most part the O-line blocked well, the receivers were where they were supposed to be and we were pretty accurate with the football.”

I agre 100% he checks down way to much. I see lots of Losman in Edwards. He is taking way to long in the pocket and needs to make quicker decisons. the problem is, his quick decsions involves dinking and dunkin to marshawn an freddie.. Was not impressed tonight.

Trent Edwards goes 10/10 with a brand new O-line (including 2 rookie guards) and without his biggest and strongest receiver, against a tough defense (albeit with a couple injuries). The main problem with the redzone productivity was a lack of open receivers-not Trent's decision making or release. In fact, he was passing the ball tonight with a great zip that I didn't believe was there. He handled the no-huddle with aplomb and led some awesome drives.

I'll admit to being a big-time optimistic homer, but I think it's really disingenuous to knock the guy down when he completes all of his passes and gets his team into scoring position. There would have been more points on the board with TO on the field. While criticism should be not only acceptable but welcome, I'm not sure where this unfounded hatred of Trent comes from. I've said it before, the sun just doesn't shine in some people's worlds.

Don't forget to mention how poorly Hamden looked. It seems that you did though, weird.

I cannot believe people are complaining about a QB who went 10 for 10.

What do you mean? You've been here a while and should be used to the smattering of miserable !@#$s that troll on occasion.

zero int's?

If you want to complain about something you could talk about how drives stall in the red zone I guess

Inside handoffs on third-and-long when the team is safely within FG range tend to do that. Jauronball redux.

Inside handoffs on third-and-long when the team is safely within FG range tend to do that. Jauronball redux.

That was frustrating to watch, you're in FG range, why not take a shot a the endzone or "practice" some different plays, it is a practice game isn't it?