Trent Edwards

Very unimpressed with Edwards tonight. He continues to morph into Kelly Holcomb. He does not go through progressions, cannot find a man downfield, and will get Lynch killed by checking down so much. He is not showing he is an NFL QB. Then Fitzpatrick came in and showed how to get the ball out quickly.

I know it is just preseason and I would not be overly concerned, but this is a continuation of what we saw from Trent last year and from Losman for many years before that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unimpressed with Edwards tonight. He continues to morph into Kelly Holcomb. He does not go through progressions, cannot find a man downfield, and will get Lynch killed by checking down so much. He is not showing he is an NFL QB. Then Fitzpatrick came in and showed how to get the ball out quickly.

I know it is just preseason and I would not be overly concerned, but this is a continuation of what we saw from Trent last year and from Losman for many years before that.

:shakes head:

It's preseason and he was 10 for 10. relax a little

So the pass to Evans wasn't deep?

And without the coaches film, there is no way to know if there were any other plays open down field. I would rather him make the checkdown throw, than have him chuck it into double or triple coverage.

Besides, he didn't exactly have all day to throw out there. Why risk standing in the pocket and getting hit in a preseason game?

So the pass to Evans wasn't deep?

And without the coaches film, there is no way to know if there were any other plays open down field. I would rather him make the checkdown throw, than have him chuck it into double or triple coverage.

Besides, he didn't exactly have all day to throw out there. Why risk standing in the pocket and getting hit in a preseason game?

Nice, are you starting an Excuse, week 2, I mean he went 10 for 10

Not surprising that he would look like last year, because the big change for this year is TO. And he wasn't on the field tonight.

Agree with the original poster, who cares what Cutler's stats mean,

I mean besides you

point is the thread is trying to dump on trent for no good reason. the other guy, Cutler, a much more heralded qb, played markedly worse and much worse than even his stats indicate.

Oh brother.

I guess you must be a big fan of Baker given that he threw a TD.

Where have you've been,, this first string offense is a field goal machine.

You see when you watch preseason all that matters in the starters, how many friggin years do

we have to see this awesome offense move the ball between the 20.s , then stall and then a field goal

point is the thread is trying to dump on trent for no good reason. the other guy, Cutler, a much more heralded qb, played markedly worse and much worse than even his stats indicate.

So true. Cutler also seems to be a problem child. You may have read the latest about him insisting on giving his input on the Bears cuts. The guy should watch what he says and does after the escapade with the Broncos

Where have you've been,, this first string offense is a field goal machine.

You see when you watch preseason all that matters in the starters, how many friggin years do

we have to see this awesome offense move the ball between the 20.s , then stall and then a field goal

Add this one as well.

Where have you've been,, this first string offense in a field goal machine.

we have to see this awesome offense move the ball between the 20.s , then stall and the field goal

Where have I been? I have been watching this team since I was a little kid in the Rockpile.

Relax. It is preseason. TO was out. We are breaking in an offensive line with two wet behind the ears rookies. Trent did just fine. If you want to lose sleep over a 10 for 10 performance, go right ahead.