Mighty Taco and Ted's -- Esquire ranks the best!

Fezmid

i wouldnt hit a dog in the arse w an in n out burger. they are awful....dont get the accolades

I disagree. For a fast food place their food is top notch. Good quality burger and fresh cut fries.

Some people just don't get it, when it comes to Mighty... personally, I think Ted's is more overrated...

I'm not the biggest hot dog fan, but I like Ted's a lot. Charcoal grilled Sahlen dogs. What's not to like? As I eat my dogs plain (no condiments at all) a quality dog is important.

I don't understand Mighty Taco love. With the amount of good food there is in Buffalo, how can anyone praise MT? It's bland grade C beef thrown together with an elementary school cup of salad and tossed in a tortilla.

If it floats your boat...fine, but how in the hell did it turn into WNY folklore? The best part of Mghty Taco are their commercials.

I don't understand Mighty Taco love. With the amount of good food there is in Buffalo, how can anyone praise MT? It's bland grade C beef thrown together with an elementary school cup of salad and tossed in a tortilla.

If it floats your boat...fine, but how in the hell did it turn into WNY folklore? The best part of Mghty Taco are their commercials.

Because people grew up with them. I was still in High School when I started going to first one on Seneca street. And they do have there unique taste. Thats the first place I go when I go back to WNY, Now that there is no proper Seneca Texas red hots.

If it floats your boat...fine, but how in the hell did it turn into WNY folklore? The best part of Mighty Taco are their commercials.

Three places, no seating, open till 5 AM, employees more wasted than the customers, ordering two Super Mightys and getting four (the employees forgot they made them), employee diabolically laughing when pumping more hot sauce onto your extra hot Super Mighty, being used as a human shield by someone getting beat up in the middle of Bailey Ave, hittting all the bars on the Elmwood Strip and hitting Mighty Taco at the end, realizing you're getting older when the number of bars hit on Elmwood is lower and the time for MT is earlier.

I disagree. For a fast food place their food is top notch. Good quality burger and fresh cut fries.

--we obviously didnt eat at the same ones. The Davis and Vacaville locales--the burgers are like thin burnt cowchips and the shakes are frothy and airy. Yukk.

Because people grew up with them. I was still in High School when I started going to first one on Seneca street. And they do have there unique taste. Thats the first place I go when I go back to WNY, Now that there is no proper Seneca Texas red hots.

Exactly. When you grow up with Mighty Taco, and all those 5am post-last call food runs, real Mexican food tastes good but not like your first love.

Ted's, on the other hand, really is one of the best hot dog places in the country. Two reasons: 1) the charcoal and 2) Sahlen's hot dogs. Nobody uses real charcoal anymore in fast food and Sahlen's is just a really well made dog.

PTR

Exactly. When you grow up with Mighty Taco, and all those 5am post-last call food runs, real Mexican food tastes good but not like your first love.

Ted's, on the other hand, really is one of the best hot dog places in the country. Two reasons: 1) the charcoal and 2) Sahlen's hot dogs. Nobody uses real charcoal anymore in fast food and Sahlen's is just a really well made dog.

PTR

altho all the teds were good---i thought the best one was on porter ave near the bridge

There's more to it than that. I took my wife to MT a couple of years ago, and she loved it -- now we have to stop there at least once when we're visiting family.

There's more to it than that. I took my wife to MT a couple of years ago, and she loved it -- now we have to stop there at least once when we're visiting family.

My brother buys dozens of them at a time, on trips back home, freezes them in dry ice and enjoys them in Atlanta... one trip home, I stopped at Mighty for lunch, and dinner on the same day....

My brother buys dozens of them at a time, on trips back home, freezes them in dry ice and enjoys them in Atlanta... one trip home, I stopped at Mighty for lunch, and dinner on the same day....
:)

I don't do the dry ice thing but anytime I head up to Buffalo from here in Va I always get some extra super mightys and freeze them for later. I just wrap them in layers of the Buffalo News (that's the secret to keeping them "fresh") and they're good for a long time. Also Sahlens dogs are the absolute best. Last time I was up there I was turned on to Chiavettas marinade. That stuff is great too.

It would be kind of ironic if I unloaded a cooler of Mighty's at Anchorage International airport while the tourists were loading theirs on with salmon.

Mighty Taco is the best fast-food tacos I have had. Granted I've only ever had Mighty and Taco Bell, but Mighty clearly beats Taco Bell easily. I like that fact that Mighty's cheese is slices not that shredded stuff. The meat just has a better taste to it as well.

Mighty Taco is the best fast-food tacos I have had. Granted I've only ever had Mighty and Taco Bell, but Mighty clearly beats Taco Bell easily. I like that fact that Mighty's cheese is slices not that shredded stuff. The meat just has a better taste to it as well.

And that's what people are missing here. It's about FAST FOOD franchises. Mighty isn't real Mexican food, but it is a damn sight better tasting than Taco Bell or any other FF Mexican place I have tried.

And that's what people are missing here. It's about FAST FOOD franchises. Mighty isn't real Mexican food, but it is a damn sight better tasting than Taco Bell or any other FF Mexican place I have tried.

Bingo.

MT is always on the list of required stops - without exception - when we go back home to Niagara Falls.