The Broncos Got Hosed

H2o

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I owned the Broncos, I would have told McDaniels to get outta town before Cutler.

But you can't fire McDaniels. He is of the Belicheat* tree.

Firing one of Belicheat's* disciples would be like the Church firing Peter, Simon, or Andrew

The only Belicheat* disciple allowed to be fired is Mangini, who because of Spygate is now the Judas of the Belicheat* tree

Firing one of Belicheat's* disciples would be like the Church firing Peter, Simon, or Andrew

The only Belicheat* disciple allowed to be fired is Mangini, who because of Spygate is now the Judas of the Belicheat* tree

Crennel was also fired.

Weis is one season from being fired.

McDaniels is two.

Crennel was also fired.

Weis is one season from being fired.

McDaniels is two.

That may be true, but Weis DID get away with the worst season in Irish history (I think); they won 1 game I think. And they were nationally televised all year on NBC doing it. Weis should certainly have been fired well before now.

They let go the last guy, forgot his name, because he wasn't winning 10 games every year.

I think this is a majorly overlooked fact in the national media. People talk about McDaniels like he's some kind of wunderkind but I've honestly never seen a first year coach completely sabotage his own team before.

Even if you were to completely ignore the fact most of the Pats former coordinators turn out to be bad-below average head coaches, the Broncos now have to worry about their HC throwing his own players under the bus when things get hectic.

There is one other team in that battle, it is a three horse race, for worst managed :thumbsup:

I actually like Kyle better than Jay and think Orton will have a good season. Cutler seems a little immature in the head, has a great arm though. Denver has defensive issues that will take a couple of years to build up. Cutler does'nt have the weapons in Chicago he had in Denver.

The Saints are loaded at QB with Brees, Brunell, and Harrington. I wish we could have signed a vet instead of Fitzpatrick.

Loolz.

I know what you are trying to imply. 7-9 is not the worst record in the league, therefore you implication has little credence.

Ahh, but the consisitency. Who has not been to the playoffs in the decade that is NEARLY OVER?

Does not speak to good management in my book. In fact, pretty piss poor. 7-9 would be good for this year, the management has 'rebuilt" the team into a perennial loser with terrible coaching hires and draft picks, again and again and again. And it is essentially the SAME management throughout this depressing spell.

I think the Raiders are managed worse, and fopr sure the Broncs had a VERY off year, but the Bills do not rate much higher for certain.

Maybin=holdout in the final 3 to be signed.

Byrd=drafted the wrong guy and he had a realinjury to boot.

Thats this year.

McCargo, Losman, Whitner, ad infinitumall the way back to Mike Williams.

Mularkey, Greggo, DJ.

These decisions are failures in management. Long term.

So there.

Cutler isn't exactly a high quality starter. He is far more like Jeff George than Brett Favre.

:wallbash: Cutler was a pro bowl QB last year. George only made it to Hawaii if he bought a ticket. Comparing George to Cutler is like comparing something bad to something a lot better. JMO

I think this is a majorly overlooked fact in the national media. People talk about McDaniels like he's some kind of wunderkind but I've honestly never seen a first year coach completely sabotage his own team before.

Even if you were to completely ignore the fact most of the Pats former coordinators turn out to be bad-below average head coaches, the Broncos now have to worry about their HC throwing his own players under the bus when things get hectic.

What he said! :thumbsup:

:beer:

That may be true, but Weis DID get away with the worst season in Irish history (I think); they won 1 game I think. And they were nationally televised all year on NBC doing it. Weis should certainly have been fired well before now.

They let go the last guy, forgot his name, because he wasn't winning 10 games every year.

Ty Willingham.

:thumbdown: Cutler was a pro bowl QB last year. George only made it to Hawaii if he bought a ticket. Comparing George to Cutler is like comparing something bad to something a lot better. JMO

What he said! :)

:beer:

Ty Willingham.

Cutler made it to the pro bowl because of his raw numbers, not because he was especially good. He may have thrown for 4500 yards but he needed the 9th most pass attempts of all time to do it. He also had 20 turnovers, even though he had a top 5 receiving corps, offensive line, and running game. He also consistently ranks #1 in bad decision % among starting QBs. I would say Jeff George is a very apt comparison, and one that quite a few people are starting to make.

Simon is Peter :unsure:

Two drives that have both ended with INT's. I know it's just the preseason, but I'm sure Broncos fans will be crying over Cutler this year. They will go 6-10 or worse, IMO.

Everything is looking down in Denver. I can't believe how far the team has fallen in one year. Cutler had his flaws, but it was far better than now.

I can't believe what's happened.

I feel sorry for Elway if he cares about his old team like Jim Kelly. McDaniels and Bowlen have ruined that team and immediately sent themselves into a rebuilding phase. It'll be 3-5 years before they get things right there if they're lucky.

Cutler is way over rated. Probaly in the bottom third of the starters. Brandon Marshall helped inflate his numbers. Orten did'nt have much to work with in Chicago and still looked good. Orten>Cutler it will be proven out over the next couple of years.

Cutler is way over rated. Probaly in the bottom third of the starters. Brandon Marshall helped inflate his numbers. Orten did'nt have much to work with in Chicago and still looked good. Orten>Cutler it will be proven out over the next couple of years.

How about orton=cutler = mediocre....

If that happens, then the broncos and bears can call it even and move on. The key difference will be that the Broncos can wash it all off if they do not have to pay Orton.....Cutler will get a deal similar to what was given to Eli or what Rivers will get and the Bears will suffer from that.

I'm glad--I hope they really suck this year. I've hated them ever since my dad and I went out West to Denver to see the Bills-Broncos game earlier this decade. Their fans were just downright arrogant and obnoxious. We've traveled to a bunch of other places since then and they remain by far the worst folks we've encountered (although we haven't made it to Foxboro yet).....

I agree that Denver Broncos fans are arrogant f*cks. Dealt with them in sports bars and they seem like real frontrunners.

I've nominated Josh McDaniels and Eric Mangini as the worst head coaching hires of this offseason (both are off the Belichick tree).

Chris Simms will be starting before the year is over.

When the Cutler-Orton trade went down, I thought for sure that it would be an open competition between Orton and Simms. I am a bit surprised that the Broncos tried to change the dynamic into one where Orton is the anointed starter. Maybe they didn't want to create a situation where he felt threatenend by Simms. But I agree that there isn't much separating the two QBs.

As for Cutler, the guy has mad skills and all the tools to someday become a truly great quarterback. He's still young and may fulfill his promise.