Anyone See The Daily Show Last Night

K-9

Steward and co. really exposed him in a piece that showed him decrying the health care system in the U.S. in January '08 when he was with CNN and in the hospital for surgery vs. his recent shows on Fox where he claims ad nauseum that the US healthcare system is the best in the world. I'm surprised no one at his current network has questioned him on it. Perhaps they don't even know. Seems it would be a fireable offense at Fox.

Steward and co. really exposed him in a piece that showed him decrying the health care system in the U.S. in January '08 when he was with CNN and in the hospital for surgery vs. his recent shows on Fox where he claims ad nauseum that the US healthcare system is the best in the world. I'm surprised no one at his current network has questioned him on it. Perhaps they don't even know. Seems it would be a fireable offense at Fox.

Why doesn't Liebowitz (hiss real name- why is he ashamed of his last name?)get fired for being a no talent hack?

Here it is, pretty damn funny.

http://www.comedycentral.com/

Why doesn't Liebowitz (hiss real name- why is he ashamed of his last name?)get fired for being a no talent hack?

Because he hosts the most popular, money-making show on his network, it's also critically acclaimed and won numerous emmys (11) and nominated for five more this year?

A lot of people in show business change their names so ass hats like you don't stalk them in their private lives. Not exactly a secret.

I love it when partisan morons call someone a "no talent hack" when it's based strictly on politics. Stewart is quite talented. The fact that you don't appreciate it says more about you than about him.

What is said is how Wacka probably thinks that Stephen Colbert is a great "reporter".

No, Wacka would think Rush is a talented reporter, he would probably think that Colbert is a "hack" reporter. No wait, that would assume an understanding of satire so yeah, you're right. Colbert is nothing more than another wingnut with an agenda. And a GREAT right wing reporter.

No, Wacka would think Rush is a talented reporter, he would probably think that Colbert is a "hack" reporter. No wait, that would assume an understanding of satire so yeah, you're right. Colbert is nothing more than another wingnut with an agenda. And a GREAT right wing reporter.

Actually he would think Colbert was a schizophrenic reporter, and unable to figure out how a guy could possibly be so accurate when spoofing one side and so utterly wrong and contemptible when spoofing the other side.

Colbert is another liberal asshat like Stewart. I commend him for going to visit the troops and shaving his head, but it is obvious he is another liberal making fun of the right.

I caught the daily show a bit when Craig Kilborn was on it, but when Stewart started, I caught a few, saw he was unfunny and haven't watched it since. South Park is a lot funnier.

Colbert is another liberal asshat like Stewart. I commend him for going to visit the troops and shaving his head, but it is obvious he is another liberal making fun of the right.

I caught the daily show a bit when Craig Kilborn was on it, but when Stewart started, I caught a few, saw he was unfunny and haven't watched it since. South Park is a lot funnier.

Since making fun of the right is so easy to do as of late (thanks W), and they provide so much material, I applaud Colbert and Stewart for making a living doing it.

Anyone who speaks out against "the right" is labeled a liberal. I am a Republican, but I could recognize that George W Bush was pushing an aganda in Iraq, hiding behind a guise of the existence of WMDs. Does that make me instead, a liberal? No, it just makes me an open-minded conservative. Wait, is that an oxymoron?

Since making fun of the right is so easy to do as of late (thanks W), and they provide so much material, I applaud Colbert and Stewart for making a living doing it.

Anyone who speaks out against "the right" is labeled a liberal. I am a Republican, but I could recognize that George W Bush was pushing an aganda in Iraq, hiding behind a guise of the existence of WMDs. Does that make me instead, a liberal? No, it just makes me an open-minded conservative. Wait, is that an oxymoron?

Sorry but there's a big difference between an open minded conservative and a Republican...especially these days. JFK was more conservative than a middle of the eilse Republican is today.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone might disagree with that statement

Depends on what you mean and how you look at it. These are ballpark figures but the Daily Show will get maybe 1.5 million viewers a night, but it's on 4 nights a week, shown 2-3 times a day, and for 42 or so weeks a year. South Park might get 3 million for a new episode but they only make about 14-15 a year total. I would imagine it costs a lot more to make South Park, too.

As a pure money maker I would think Daily Show makes a lot more money now than South Park for the network (which is what we were talking about because Wacko asked why Stewart wasn't fired).

Now, reruns are a different story and it's hard to know who owns most of the rights (money) to the show and how much the producers versus Comedy Central get for the distribution rights. Parker and Stone themselves are making a killing right now and have been for a decade.

Depends on what you mean and how you look at it. These are ballpark figures but the Daily Show will get maybe 1.5 million viewers a night, but it's on 4 nights a week, shown 2-3 times a day, and for 42 or so weeks a year. South Park might get 3 million for a new episode but they only make about 14-15 a year total. I would imagine it costs a lot more to make South Park, too.

As a pure money maker I would think Daily Show makes a lot more money now than South Park for the network (which is what we were talking about because Wacko asked why Stewart wasn't fired).

Now, reruns are a different story and it's hard to know who owns most of the rights (money) to the show and how much the producers versus Comedy Central get for the distribution rights. Parker and Stone themselves are making a killing right now and have been for a decade.

You may be other thinking this. :rolleyes:

Ever seen anyone buy a Daily Show Complete Season DVD box set?

Me neither

Ever seen anyone buy a Daily Show figure?

Me neither

Ever seen anybody wearing a Daily Show T-Shirt?

Me neither

Ever hear anybody reference a Daily Show line from 5 years ago?

Me neither

South Park > Daily Show

"Other thinking?" I know you're upset that Daily Show makes more money than Chef, I just thought I'd provide a little community service on how these things work. :rolleyes:

Over thinking is one thing but you took it to the next level and other thought it. <_<

Ever seen anyone buy a Daily Show Complete Season DVD box set?

Me neither

Ever seen anyone buy a Daily Show figure?

Me neither

Ever seen anybody wearing a Daily Show T-Shirt?

Me neither

Ever hear anybody reference a Daily Show line from 5 years ago?

Me neither

South Park > Daily Show

I think South Park is awesome, and a much better show. I was just talking numbers and I believe that Parker and Stone own most of the show. That means they get most of the money in the reruns, and especially the tee-shirts and figures and merchandising. It's shown in foreign countries, too, which makes CC some money.

On the movie, Comedy Central was a co-producer but I can guarantee that Warner Brothers and Paramount who produced it, distributed it, and put up the money, as well as Parker and Stone, made 95% of the profits.

When one show makes 170 episodes a year (maybe 250-300 million viewers not counting reruns) and another makes 14 (maybe 40-45 million viewers not counting reruns), you can probably do the math yourself.

I think South Park is awesome, and a much better show. I was just talking numbers and I believe that Parker and Stone own most of the show. That means they get most of the money in the reruns, and especially the tee-shirts and figures and merchandising. It's shown in foreign countries, too, which makes CC some money.

On the movie, Comedy Central was a co-producer but I can guarantee that Warner Brothers and Paramount who produced it, distributed it, and put up the money, as well as Parker and Stone, made 95% of the profits.

When one show makes 170 episodes a year (maybe 250-300 million viewers not counting reruns) and another makes 14 (maybe 40-45 million viewers not counting reruns), you can probably do the math yourself.

You've raised some good mathemological points, however you also forgot to factor in the production cost of 170 episodes vs 14. Daily Show may still come out ahead, I don't know

But you have discounted your earlier assertion that Daily Show was the most popular show on the network

300M Viewers / 170 Episodes is roughly 1.75M per episode

45M Viewers / 14 Episodes is roughly 3.2M per episode

And there's the intangible value of South Park being the flagship series that put Comedy Central on the map

Not surprising. Fux Gnus has a long history of changing facts, transcripts and morals. Bill O'Reilly attributed the facts about Malmedy Massacre to the Americans shooting Nazis instead of the historical fact that the Malmedy Massacre was perpetrated by Nazis against Americans. After O'Reilly was called out by a viewer he denied what he said and changed what he actually said to something different. Fux Gnus later changed the transcript of his show to match his lie. They also label Republicans in hot water as Democrats.

Also, Bill O'Reilly on Jamie Lynn Spears;

"On the pinhead front, 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant. The sister of Britney says she is shocked. I bet. Now most teens are pinheads in some ways. But here the blame falls primarily on the parents of the girl, who obviously have little control over her or even over Britney Spears. Look at the way she behaves. And by the way, the mother, Lynne Spears, has reportedly already sold pictures of the upcoming baby of her 16-year-old for a million bucks. Incredible pinhead."

Bill O'Reilly on Bristol Palin;

"Millions of families are dealing with teen pregnancy, and as long as society doesn't have to support the mother, father or baby, it is a personal matter. Some Americans will judge Governor Palin and her family, and she will have a hard time running for vice president if there is much more chaos. For the sake of her and her family, we hope things calm down. This country needs a vibrant policy debate, not a soap opera."

:w00t:

IIRC, Sean Hannity did a 180 also.

A lot of people in show business change their names so ass hats like you don't stalk them in their private lives. Not exactly a secret.

I love it when partisan morons call someone a "no talent hack" when it's based strictly on politics. Stewart is quite talented. The fact that you don't appreciate it says more about you than about him.

What he said! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately yes.

Sorry but there's a big difference between an open minded conservative and a Republican...especially these days. JFK was more conservative than a middle of the eilse Republican is today.

I disagree. I think Nixon was more liberal than a middle of the road Republican today. Can you imagine him trying to create the EPA in this political climate? The Republican party, IMO, has been taken over by the religious right and if you aren't an ultra conservative then you're a liberal.

You may be other thinking this. :lol:

What other thinking? <_<