With Maybin still unsigned....

Thoner7

My pre-draft posts clearly show my man love for Orakpo (Im a big time 'Horns fan), and with nothing to read on Maybin, I came across this article.

http://www.homermcfanboy.com/2009/08/03/sa...ness-in-orakpo/

He seems to getting reps at both LB and DE. Has been getting great reviews from teammates, even comparisons to D.Ware and L.Little.

“You know, I’ll tell you, this young kid is going to be awesome at this level,” said offensive tackle Chris Samuels. “I’m working against him and he beat me a few times out there. I’m just trying to get back into the groove of things and he’s coming out fired up as a young pup. He’s going to be awesome, and I tell you what – I’m definitely glad to be working against him. He’s definitely going to help me get better.”

Wait a minute. We’re talking about Chris Samuels, a six-time Pro Bowler. And here he is, telling us that some rookie who just signed his first NFL contract less than a week ago is already so good that he’s making Samuels step up his game

Hey London [Fletcher], Chris Samuels is already comparing Orakpo to a young DeMarcus Ware. What say you?

“Well, Chris’ assessment fits pretty well,” he said. “Obviously he’s faced DeMarcus many times.

“Personally he reminds me of Leonard Little, my teammate back in St. Louis,” Fletcher said. “They both have the same body types. They’re both about 6-3, around 250 lbs. and could rush the passer like crazy. He definitely reminds me of Leonard, and that’s a guy who has had a great career.”

I have no grudge against Orakpo and hope he does well. I just hope for my sanity as a fan that Maybin does better. If Orakpo is Ware, Maybin can be Merriman.

My pre-draft posts clearly show my man love for Orakpo (Im a big time 'Horns fan), and with nothing to read on Maybin, I came across this article.

He seems to getting reps at both LB and DE. Has been getting great reviews from teammates, even comparisons to D.Ware and L.Little.

“You know, I’ll tell you, this young kid is going to be awesome at this level,” said offensive tackle Chris Samuels. “I’m working against him and he beat me a few times out there. I’m just trying to get back into the groove of things and he’s coming out fired up as a young pup. He’s going to be awesome, and I tell you what – I’m definitely glad to be working against him. He’s definitely going to help me get better.”

Wait a minute. We’re talking about Chris Samuels, a six-time Pro Bowler. And here he is, telling us that some rookie who just signed his first NFL contract less than a week ago is already so good that he’s making Samuels step up his game

Hey London [Fletcher], Chris Samuels is already comparing Orakpo to a young DeMarcus Ware. What say you?

“Well, Chris’ assessment fits pretty well,” he said. “Obviously he’s faced DeMarcus many times.

“Personally he reminds me of Leonard Little, my teammate back in St. Louis,” Fletcher said. “They both have the same body types. They’re both about 6-3, around 250 lbs. and could rush the passer like crazy. He definitely reminds me of Leonard, and that’s a guy who has had a great career.”

I have no grudge against Orakpo and hope he does well. I just hope for my sanity as a fan that Maybin does better. If Orakpo is Ware, Maybin can be Merriman.

Wow, rave reviews from training camp!!! I'm sure Mike Williams and Erik Flowers got rave reviews too.

"Personally he reminds me of Leonard Little, my teammate back in St. Louis," Fletcher said. "They both have the same body types. They're both about 6-3, around 250 lbs. and could rush the passer like crazy. He definitely reminds me of Leonard, and that's a guy who has had a great career."

Minus the 2 dui manslaughters.

Wow, rave reviews from training camp!!! I'm sure Mike Williams and Erik Flowers got rave reviews too.

Regardless of if its just training camp, its nice to hear this about a rook. Outside of Wood this season, when was the last time we heard this kind of talk from a Bills rookie? 5 years plus. Speaking of Wood, he and Orakpo seem to have the same love of football

Don't you love how when our own players are doing really well, we're all excited, but when players on other teams are doing well too, suddenly "it's only training camp"?

I guess you're referring to me but I never get excited about training camp. A preseason game is one thign that means a little more but the league is filled with preseason all pros who never do a thing come regular season.

What I dont understand is why is it so difficult to comprehend that BOTH of these players might end up being good players?

The bills felt the ceiling was a little higher on Maybin and might be scared by Texas products due to Mike Williams.

It's simple self-hate in action, John. That is how psychologically damaged so many Bills fans have become. The only cure is winning.

What I dont understand is why is it so difficult to comprehend that BOTH of these players might end up being good players?

The bills felt the ceiling was a little higher on Maybin and might be scared by Texas products due to Mike Williams.

Both players come from programs notorious for producing NFL busts, I would have preferred going in a different direction myself.... plus the last thing DJ needs is another project in a year where he needs to win. We'll just have to wait & see what happens.

Nothing wrong with a little pre season enthusiasm. We should take advantage of the opportunity. It's likely there will be less and less of them as the season progresses. So yea Thoner, I'm with you. Hope this guy turns out to be more than Maybe could ever hope for. !

I was just thinking about this....

We have heard a bunch of bills players defend maybin....we have heard other NFL former players defend him

You know who we have not heard?

POZ

It is interesting that the two went to school together....are supposed to be friends.....but not a peep out of Poz over this whole thing.

I wonder what HE thinks about AM's holdout?

Funny how people hang on to things...the draft was forever ago and people are still posting articles about players we didnt draft as if we made a mistake when our guy hasnt even gotten a chance to show what he can do yet...lmao

Let it go, hes not a Bill so who really cares what his teammates say...why dont you post updates of the 6 or 7 players we drafted ahead of the Pats drafting Tom Brady while you are at it then follow it up with a story of how good Brady looks in camp...

:nana: