So I had a phone interview scheduled for 11 AM

The Poojer

Salary expectations shouldn't come as a surprise to either party. You shouldn't be in an interview in the first place unless you know the salary range they are offering and it lines up with your expectations and experience.

Kind of hard when most companies don't even advertise the salary.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me for some reason when I interviewed a girl who lasted only a month with her previous employer. As soon as I asked if she had really only worked there for a month or if that was oversight, she said it was correct and proceeded to tell me a story of how 10 friends of hers had been arrested one night and she showed up for work "too distraught" and was fired after "having an episode".

I hope she found a job!

This reminds me for some reason when I interviewed a girl who lasted only a month with her previous employer. As soon as I asked if she had really only worked there for a month or if that was oversight, she said it was correct and proceeded to tell me a story of how 10 friends of hers had been arrested one night and she showed up for work "too distraught" and was fired after "having an episode".

I hope she found a job!

Yeah, finding reliable strippers is really tough.

As someone who is job hunting as well (got laid off the end of January), if I could never talk to another tech recruiter, I wouldn't. Sadly, in IT, they are far too prevalent just to ignore. Tech Recruiters are scum who just care about having a big searchable resume file and will contact you about jobs based upon keyword searches of your resume rather than talking to you and seeing what you are looking for. I dunno how many times I've sent my resume for a job that was posted that they "had already filled" despite it being posted that day. They were simply farming for resumes.

Sigh.

were you interviewing for an HR or Management position????? I hope so, as that would be completely inappropriate for the type of position I am applying for

Very high level management at a large institution. Incidentally about two years later we laid off nearly twenty percent of the workforce and I found myself sitting in the chair telling twenty year employees they had to go.