Langston Walker is a Clown

goynahan

Anybody getting sick of Langston Walker? I used to think pretty highly of him but his comments/attitude lately seem to be taking a turn for the worse. Everytime he is asked about the switch to LT he gives this "well im not happy about it but i have to do what im told" type response. And i just watched a video in a story about the players thoughts on training camp and the Pittsford area, and he gave a bunch of smart a** answers, like "well its similar to buffalo, it's got houses, people, street lights, running water." I used to think he was the most outspoken, fan-friendly member of the O-line, evidenced by his "60 seconds with Langston Walker" skit they used to have on BB.com. Now he's just a pr*ck who seems to not care much about saying the right things.

Anybody getting sick of Langston Walker? I used to think pretty highly of him but his comments/attitude lately seem to be taking a turn for the worse. Everytime he is asked about the switch to LT he gives this "well im not happy about it but i have to do what im told" type response. And i just watched a video in a story about the players thoughts on training camp and the Pittsford area, and he gave a bunch of smart a** answers, like "well its similar to buffalo, it's got houses, people, street lights, running water." I used to think he was the most outspoken, fan-friendly member of the O-line, evidenced by his "60 seconds with Langston Walker" skit they used to have on BB.com. Now he's just a pr*ck who seems to not care much about saying the right things.

When did he say he was unhappy about the switch? Link?

He never did.

The OP's just frustrated that a well educated person with a superior intellect wears his snarkiness on his sleeve. Whatever, he's younger, smarter, and richer than just about everyone who "cares" about what he says. If I were him, I might be a little cocky too. :w00t:

GET OVER IT AND WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT.

He is upset because he isn't suited for the position and he wants to win.....he is suited for the bench

He's not that bad, at RT he'd be one of our better linemen. Hopefully he can adjust to playing LT, or else a change will be in order.

He hasn't. Some are upset that he didn't jump up and down, and say it's the greatest thing that ever happened to him. Since he hasn't done that, it is clear he is unhappy. Get it?

Walker is smart, funny and fairly athletic, considering his size. He will play where he is asked to play, and do what it takes to get ready. He will never be the best LT in the league, but he will be far from the worst.

He is upset because he isn't suited for the position and he wants to win.....he is suited for the bench

Reminds me of when Jesse Palmer interviewed Tom Coughlin on NFL Network. Coughlin told the former Giant QB..........I'm glad to see you are where I told you you belonged, behind a desk..........you're a good looking guy. <_<

Let's see....they move him out of his natural position, stick a rookie next to him, tell him to lose 40 lbs., and keep paying him RT money to play a position they were willing to pay his predecessor $5 million more to play.

He's taking one for the team.

Um, you realize LW is making like 5MIL this year? If the Bills were willing to pay JP 5Mil more than that, he wouls still be here. 5MIL for a right tackle is All-Pro money.

What the hell kind of post is this? Did you take a kick at the dog and miss? What a waste of bandwidth. Jesus.

"People's Parties" - Joni Mitchell

Um, you realize LW is making like 5MIL this year? If the Bills were willing to pay JP 5Mil more than that, he wouls still be here. 5MIL for a right tackle is All-Pro money.

Um....no he wouldn't. He wanted $11.5 per year.

And $1.1 million gets you an All-Pro punter. Walker plays LT now.

Let's see....they move him out of his natural position, stick a rookie next to him, tell him to lose 40 lbs., and keep paying him RT money to play a position they were willing to pay his predecessor $5 million more to play.

well put.

Exactly. He is not happy and he did say it. The frickin worst part is the FO never even asked him about it before the draft. It is ridiculous. How would anyone like their job description changed in whatever company they work for? Better yet what if the marketing guy was asked to move to shipping? LT is not the same as RT. He was servicable at RT maybe even above average. The best we can hope is that he doesn't suck at LT.

Don't you honestly think they believe Bell is going to be another Jason Peters?

Exactly. He is not happy and he did say it. The frickin worst part is the FO never even asked him about it before the draft. It is ridiculous. How would anyone like their job description changed in whatever company they work for? Better yet what if the marketing guy was asked to move to shipping? LT is not the same as RT. He was servicable at RT maybe even above average. The best we can hope is that he doesn't suck at LT.

Don't you honestly think they believe Bell is going to be another Jason Peters?

Even the blind robin gets the worm once in a while. Modrak got his worm in Peters. To think lightening is going to strike twice is very very optimistic.

I love Bell and hope he DOES pan out to be a serviceable, even a good, LT sometime in the near future. But no-one should be counting on this to happen; it may well never work that way.

So goynahan, Are you going to reply to the questions about your post? You wrote has responded that way "everytime" [sic] he's been asked. How many times has he answered that way? I am only aware of one time, in which it was reported in a very informal manner, suggesting to me it may have been nothing more than an off the cuff, an as-a-matter-of-a-fact type of comment. I think Walker is working hard, doing what the team needs and doesn't deserve to be ripped at this point. And yes, you're ripping him by calling him a clown and overstating what's been said.

He hasn't. Some are upset that he didn't jump up and down, and say it's the greatest thing that ever happened to him. Since he hasn't done that, it is clear he is unhappy. Get it?

Walker is smart, funny and fairly athletic, considering his size. He will play where he is asked to play, and do what it takes to get ready. He will never be the best LT in the league, but he will be far from the worst.

Dean, the radio link doesn't work anymore, but Sal Maiorana and Leo Roth talked about it on their podcast, and I typed up a transcript. Here it is:

--------------

Roth: "... he [Peters] came in out of shape and late and got tagged with a lot of sacks before ... took half the year before he rounded into any kind of form, but I think you're going to miss Jason Peters. Why wouldn't you miss Jason Peters?

Maiorano: Yeah.

Roth: He was one of the true ... he was the only Pro Bowl player they had. Langston Walker ... and he's ... it's all over Langston Walker's face, he's doing what he's ... he's doing what he has to. He's a professional, he's going to play where they tell him. But he's not happy about the move.

Maiorano: Yeah, I asked him yesterday or whatever day it was ... couple days ago, "Are you on board with the move yet?" And in a roundabout way he said "Uh, did I have a choice?"

Roth: Right!

Maiorano: And then he said "Well, they're not going to bring anybody else in at this point, so I'm kind of there." So he was never, I mean I think he had fallen into being comfortable at right tackle, it's where he's played his whole NFL career. I know he did have some brief stints at left tackle at Oakland.

Roth: Yeah.

Maiorana: But it was minimal. He's not a left tackle. And at 345 pounds, he's not exactly the quickest guy to be dealing with the speed rushers he's going to see. That's really to me, a big big worry.

Roth: I've written this in some reports before. At right tackle, his size is a real advantage, it's a plus. He's a big man and he can cover that ... his footwork is adequate but his size is a plus. At left tackle, his size becomes almost a detriment because his footwork isn't as good against the fastest pass rusher that he's going to be seeing every week.

And there's going to be ... again, if the passing game becomes Edwards dumping the ball off as fast as he can to the running backs or quick hitches, those quick sideline screens to Evans and T.O. it's going to get kind of ugly. I want to see T.O. catch a mess of these little short passes and try to make something out of it, he gets tackled and then he starts going to the sideline and moaning about it.

Maiorana: Yeah.

Roth: That's going to be ... you don't have to wait till December for that. That's going to happen in week one.

Maiorana: Could happen right away.

-------------

As I say, the link doesn't work anymore, but if you read the thread I created, you'll see that many listened, and that at least I got the transcript right.

Beerball cited it above, but here is the link again:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...amp;hl=langston

Um....no he wouldn't. He wanted $11.5 per year.

And $1.1 million gets you an All-Pro punter. Walker plays LT now.

Yes he would. Peters asked for $11.5. It was a negotiation. He settled for $10.05. Originally he asked for $13 odd, and then moved it down when the Bills upped their offer. It was a negotiation.

Yup, I totally agree. He'll play as hard as he possibly can, but he's a bit unhappy, and you can't blame him.

He's a right tackle....he should be pissed. Huge difference in the speed level he will face week in and week out. The Bills are setting him up for failure and that's not his fault. I believe LW will give it his all and try to be the LT the Bills want him to be, but it will be a struggle for him for 16 games.

Dean, the radio link doesn't work anymore, but Sal Maiorana and Leo Roth talked about it on their podcast, and I typed up a transcript. Here it is:

--------------

Roth: "... he [Peters] came in out of shape and late and got tagged with a lot of sacks before ... took half the year before he rounded into any kind of form, but I think you're going to miss Jason Peters. Why wouldn't you miss Jason Peters?

Maiorano: Yeah.

Roth: He was one of the true ... he was the only Pro Bowl player they had. Langston Walker ... and he's ... it's all over Langston Walker's face, he's doing what he's ... he's doing what he has to. He's a professional, he's going to play where they tell him. But he's not happy about the move.

Maiorano: Yeah, I asked him yesterday or whatever day it was ... couple days ago, "Are you on board with the move yet?" And in a roundabout way he said "Uh, did I have a choice?"

Roth: Right!

Maiorano: And then he said "Well, they're not going to bring anybody else in at this point, so I'm kind of there." So he was never, I mean I think he had fallen into being comfortable at right tackle, it's where he's played his whole NFL career. I know he did have some brief stints at left tackle at Oakland.

Roth: Yeah.

Maiorana: But it was minimal. He's not a left tackle. And at 345 pounds, he's not exactly the quickest guy to be dealing with the speed rushers he's going to see. That's really to me, a big big worry.

Roth: I've written this in some reports before. At right tackle, his size is a real advantage, it's a plus. He's a big man and he can cover that ... his footwork is adequate but his size is a plus. At left tackle, his size becomes almost a detriment because his footwork isn't as good against the fastest pass rusher that he's going to be seeing every week.

And there's going to be ... again, if the passing game becomes Edwards dumping the ball off as fast as he can to the running backs or quick hitches, those quick sideline screens to Evans and T.O. it's going to get kind of ugly. I want to see T.O. catch a mess of these little short passes and try to make something out of it, he gets tackled and then he starts going to the sideline and moaning about it.

Maiorana: Yeah.

Roth: That's going to be ... you don't have to wait till December for that. That's going to happen in week one.

Maiorana: Could happen right away.

-------------

As I say, the link doesn't work anymore, but if you read the thread I created, you'll see that many listened, and that at least I got the transcript right.

Beerball cited it above, but here is the link again:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...amp;hl=langston

I'm not sure what the point of this is. There is not one quote from Walker that approximates him saying he is unhappy.

Surely you don't expect the "observation" from Leo Roth that "it's all over Langston Walker's face" to constitute any sort of evidence that Walker is unhappy.

That CAN'T be your point here.