[closed]Rumor: Vick visited Buffalo

Mopreme

I'm at work, so I can't play the video. What do they say?

Florio actually makes a very good point, that teams are almost always going to say no, they are not interested, just in case they arent the ones that finally make the deal with him. Because the downside of saying they want this bad guy will hurt their PR and there is no reason to do that. He thinks it will end up being a team that has already said no. There was no mention of Buffalo in the clip.

I do think, however, that Dungy and Jauron probably have enormous respect for one another, and Dungy lobbying Jauron on what he believes about Vick could have a big influence on the Bills. I wouldn't rule the Bills out, I just don't think there is a very good chance.

I, for one, would like to see it, and I am a huge dog lover who just hated what Vick did.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Warrow says there is no interest, then case closed.

Thank God.

who knew TO was going to be a buffalo bill until it happened?

nobody.

i'm not saying mr warrow is incorrect, but it wouldnt be the first time a misinformation campaign has taken place in sports. even the teams that are actually interested in the guy are denying it.

in dealing with millions of dollars, i'd deny everything until the deal is done

nobody.

i'm not saying mr warrow is incorrect, but it wouldnt be the first time a misinformation campaign has taken place in sports. even the teams that are actually interested in the guy are denying it.

Misinformation happens all the time, but if the Bills management is intentionally misleading a beat reporter by saying off the record that they have NO interest in Vick, then it would be a very bad move by whoever gave that info to John if they are in fact negotiating with him. There is zero benefit to the Bills in saying NO, because no one will take that official seriously the next time. And there will be the next time when that team official will need the press.

Misinformation happens all the time, but if the Bills management is intentionally misleading a beat reporter by saying off the record that they have NO interest in Vick, then it would be a very bad move by whoever gave that info to John if they are in fact negotiating with him. There is zero benefit to the Bills in saying NO, because no one will take that official seriously the next time. And there will be the next time when that team official will need the press.

How was it off the record if JW just told us?

How was it off the record if JW just told us?

Because there was no attribution to a source, but a strong hint that John spoke to somebody up high in the organization who's in the know.

Again, the source could be lying or doesn't know the full story. But it wouldn't do him any good long-term to lie to JW

Not necessarily. Let's just say that a month ago when this came up, the Bills brass spoke about it and decided that Vick is an intriguing player, and could help the team, but we probably don't want to make the move because we like our starter not having someone over his shoulder and we have to see if Trent is our guy this year. Plus, Vick is a big risk. So there are five good things about having him on the team but five bad things about having him on the team, and it's just not worth it right now. End of story. Brandon tells reporters we're just not interested right now and it's correct.

A month goes by and two things happen. Fitzpatrick looks like crap in camp. The coaches and brass are now worried that if Trent goes down they don't have a stopgap they have an impending disaster. This leads them to be sniffing around for other quarterbacks. Second, Tony Dungy comes a calling, especially to Jauron. He says I am now deeply involved with Mike Vick and I can assure you he is not a bad guy. I think he could really help you guys and is willing to play a back-up role to get his life and career back on track. I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't believe it, and he is not demanding a long term deal or a lot of money.

Suddenly they revisit the concept and Jauron and Ralph say the same thing about TO, if it makes us better, why not roll the dice?

It's not that far fetched a scenario and it doesn't mean anyone is spreading misinformation.

If it was off the record, John wouldn't have posted that here.

Big difference between "off the record," "on background," and simply "not for attribution."

nobody.

in regards to TO, some of us in the media did. i was told hours before the signing that there was more truth than rumor to the speculation of the Bills' interest in Owens. i didn't have enough to go on to write, but started preparing for the possibility.

in the case of Vick, i'm being told differently. and i'm not writing anything on the wire only because there is nothing new to report, because the Bills position on Vick has not changed.

jw

in regards to TO, some of us in the media did. i was told hours before the signing that there was more truth than rumor to the speculation of the Bills' interest in Owens. i didn't have enough to go on to write, but started preparing for the possibility.

in the case of Vick, i'm being told differently. and i'm not writing anything on the wire only because there is nothing new to report, because the Bills position on Vick has not changed.

jw

Good enough for me. thx, jw.

funny, this still hasn't stopped the speculation.

just got back from lunch with two colleagues.

one, at the beginning of lunch, got a text from someone saying they know someone who saw Vick and T.O. at the airport.

the other one got a text from someone saying they know someone who knows that Vick is in Rochester.

:nana:

i can confirm that Alonzo Mourning was in Rochester last night.

jw

I heard from a good source that the Bills are close to a deal. I hear the deal is done and is waiting on a physical to be passed. No financial info but is 2 year deal.

I dont believe this rumor but my source has always been reliable. I guess we will soon see. I will try to get some more info from him. Like I said just a rumor right now.